General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Selling car to Carmax question

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2006
ThE CoRRupToR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nice
Selling car to Carmax question

Im thinking of selling my car at carmax. What should I put back to stock?? And do they really check every single flaw on your car?? Do they really give you the KBB?? And Im thinking of leaving my lipkit on cuz if I remove it theres gonna be a lot of scuff and scratches on the stock bumper. If I put everything back to stock but the lipkit would the value of the car go lower than it was to be stock???
Old 03-21-2006
7thGen's Loudest Civic...4,000 watts and climbing...

usafcushman is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by dru106
Im thinking of selling my car at carmax. What should I put back to stock?? And do they really check every single flaw on your car?? Do they really give you the KBB?? And Im thinking of leaving my lipkit on cuz if I remove it theres gonna be a lot of scuff and scratches on the stock bumper. If I put everything back to stock but the lipkit would the value of the car go lower than it was to be stock???
i'm gonna try to take mine to Carmax on Wednesday, i'll let you know how it goes lol...
Old 03-21-2006
Registered!!

DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light
^^What are you gonna sell?
Old 03-21-2006
Registered!!

Da1lyDr1ver has a spectacular aura aboutDa1lyDr1ver has a spectacular aura about
Carmax does not check everything contrary to their commercials. i knew some guy that got in a bad accident. his civic was re-welded from the rear wheels to the trunk. he sold the car to carmax and they just gave him the money without an inspection.
Old 03-22-2006
Registered!!

Narfcake is an unknown quantity at this point
They sell below full KBB, so there's no way they'll offer you KBB! No, your offer will indeed be less than that too. How much less, it depends, but mods are typically a turnoff for trade-ins. The only exception may be the wheels, though don't expect to get any extra for that.

Knowing them (their used cars are very clean), if a car isn't in near factory condition, it's just going to get sold through wholesale auctions.

-- Kane
Old 03-22-2006

Originally Posted by DDragon7
^^What are you gonna sell?
well, i didn't get to Carmax... my girl flew in from FL for a surprise trip, so needless to say, my car wasn't the top priority ;-)

i'll try to get down there by next week, depepnding on my work schedule...

my car is a 2003 EX sedan with a few mods... i don't really care what they give, just trying to get rid of it, and i don't feel like messing with AutoTrader

-Infiniti Obsidian Black paint
-Llumar Platinum 5% tint sides and rear, 35% down the windshield
-18" Konig Unknowns
-205/40ZR18 BFGoodrich g-Force KDW T/As
-VIS OEM-style carbon fiber hood
-Neuspeed Race springs
-SPC full camber kit
-Injen short-ram intake
-cleared headlights
-shaved badges

probably some other stuff here and there... i don't know, i just woke up... anyway, i'll post back in here when they give me a price

here's an older pic...
Old 03-22-2006
Show me your titties, I'M RICK JAMES BITCH!!!

SilverStreakEX is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by usafcushman
well, i didn't get to Carmax... my girl flew in from FL for a surprise trip, so needless to say, my car wasn't the top priority ;-)

my car is a 2003 EX sedan with a few mods... i don't really care what they give, just trying to get rid of it, and i don't feel like messing with AutoTrader

-18" Konig Unknowns
-Neuspeed Race springs
-SPC full camber kit
-Injen short-ram intake
-cleared headlights
-shaved badges

probably some other stuff here and there... i don't know, i just woke up... anyway, i'll post back in here when they give me a price

here's an older pic...

that's not your house is it??
Old 03-23-2006
ThE CoRRupToR

dru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nice

-18" Konig Unknowns
-Neuspeed Race springs
-SPC full camber kit
-Injen short-ram intake
-cleared headlights
-shaved badges

here's an older pic...

Nice ride!!! Please let me know how it goes!! Thanks!!
Old 03-23-2006

Originally Posted by SilverStreakEX
that's not your house is it??
nah, i spent all my money on my rides... here's my house... tight, right?

dude, i've seen you post a million times, and i just noticed that you have a Gator headband and an orange and blue wig... i'm retarded... anyway, if you go to UF, you've probably seen me driving around campus... i'm normally in FL from Monday through Thursday and then back in TX on the weekends, but when i'm in Gainesville, i take my girl to class at UF cuz parking sucks...

i drive around a black Escalade, and most of the time i've got the system slamming, so if you do any walking around campus, chances are you've either seen or heard me lol... i only get to drive it a few times a month, so i make the most out of it when i do lol...

anyway, if you ever see me around, holla at me and say what's up, i go by Cush... we can go around town and show all the little G-ville ricers what a 345hp 6.0L can do lol...

oh yeah, here's the truck... got the "University of Florida President's Associate" sticker in the windshield, woohoo!... 3" drop, chrome 24"s, 2% tint (Gainesville cops LOVE that lol)... pretty easy to spot in traffic i guess

Last edited by usafcushman; 03-23-2006 at 10:30 AM.
Old 03-23-2006
Show me your titties, I'M RICK JAMES BITCH!!!

SilverStreakEX is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah parking on campus, or just general traffic on campus sucks. nice truck, i'll keep my eyes (and ears) open for it around campus. you havent been harrased by the local cops for your system or tint yet? my tint came on the car from dealer and they still pulled me over for it

dude, i've seen you post a million times, and i just noticed that you have a Gator headband and an orange and blue wig... i'm retarded... anyway, if you go to UF, you've probably seen me driving around campus... i'm normally in FL from Monday through Thursday and then back in TX on the weekends, but when i'm in Gainesville, i take my girl to class at UF cuz parking sucks...

i drive around a black Escalade, and most of the time i've got the system slamming, so if you do any walking around campus, chances are you've either seen or heard me lol... i only get to drive it a few times a month, so i make the most out of it when i do lol...

anyway, if you ever see me around, holla at me and say what's up, i go by Cush... we can go around town and show all the little G-ville ricers what a 345hp 6.0L can do lol...

oh yeah, here's the truck... got the "University of Florida President's Associate" sticker in the windshield, woohoo!... 3" drop, chrome 24"s, 2% tint (Gainesville cops LOVE that lol)... pretty easy to spot in traffic i guess

Old 03-23-2006
YUL
Registered!!

YUL has a spectacular aura aboutYUL has a spectacular aura about

Hey that's in North Philly right?
Old 03-23-2006
4 cyclinders down, 4 to go.....

acjones21 is an unknown quantity at this point
carmax was very kind to me when I sold them my Blazer. It was 3 years old and had 50,000 miles on it. I babied it so they gave me blue book for it. They said that if they have to do any prep work that they give less, but mine was good so they didn't have to. They also said that engine or suspension mods mean that you aren't getting any $ b/c they send them straight to an auction. better to trade with a dealer.
Old 03-24-2006

Originally Posted by YUL
Hey that's in North Philly right?
no clue, i just did a Google image search for "crack house"

Originally Posted by SilverStreakEX
you havent been harrased by the local cops for your system or tint yet?
yeah, i get stopped a couple times a month around Gainesville... last time i got pulled over for the tint was the night of the Gators vs. Savannah State basketball game (Gators fukin OWNED them... kinda expected, since UF was 17-0 and Savannah was 1-18 lol)... some random rookie cop asshat was just sittin on the side of one of the little crossroads between University and Archer and pulled me...

and i've been bitched about my system a couple times by the cops that are directing traffic on Newberry/University where the construction is going on... they told me that the new law states that if you can hear it more than 30 feet away, it's a sound violation... are you shitting me?!... you could hear the stock system in a '78 Pinto from 30 feet away...

most of the time they let me go cuz i'm military (i always show the ID with my license, and my dog tags are hanging on the mirror ), but when they decide to give me a ticket, i just suck it up and take it with a smile... neither citation is a moving violation, so i just pay 'em and keep going

anyway, here's the system... a pair of S12L7s and a modded KX1200.1 (1610 watts @ 1 ohm) in a ported box

Old 03-24-2006
Registered!!

scrimp is a glorious beacon of lightscrimp is a glorious beacon of lightscrimp is a glorious beacon of lightscrimp is a glorious beacon of lightscrimp is a glorious beacon of lightscrimp is a glorious beacon of lightscrimp is a glorious beacon of light
Hey...my brother works at carmax in VA though, but im sure they're all run the same way. U want me to ask him what they look for?
Old 04-06-2006
Registered!!

usafstud will become famous soon enoughusafstud will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by scrimp
Hey...my brother works at carmax in VA though, but im sure they're all run the same way. U want me to ask him what they look for?
yes, please do so