CARMAX appraisel, Need to sell the car cant pay anymore - Honda Civic Forum

Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-12-2009   #1  
Registered!!

hardboil is an unknown quantity at this point
CARMAX appraisel, Need to sell the car cant pay anymore

hello hello

Im in bad economical situation and need the money and get rid of the car, hope someone can guide me the right way, thank you

HONDA CIVIC LX 2005 auto 53,300 miles .
Conditions of the car: Front lower bumper have a little dent or crack from a parking lot rock, Rear Bumper has a tiny vertical little crack on the left corner that someone hit on a parking lot.

The rest of the car basically is in perfect condition just need to clean it a little.

So i took the car to CARMAX today for appraisal without cleaning anything and they only giving $6500 and extra $390 if i do tradein

CARMAX rated the car :Interior All good condition, Mechanical All good condition,Structural Frames does not have damages,Exterior Front and Rear Bumper need repaired and Tires and Rims good condition

Oh i forget i still owned about $2500 for the car, i bought it NEW 0 miles 4 years + ago
I need suggestion please thanks people.

Last edited by hardboil; 09-12-2009 at 08:48 PM.
hardboil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009   #2  
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

dopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: CARMAX appraisel, Need to sell the car cant pay anymore

Should be pretty easy to sell it privatly... Throw it up on autotrader.com and craigslist. You should be able to easily get between 9 and 10k private party.
dopes6070 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009   #3  
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

yeah dealers will never give you much for cars.
gearbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009   #4  
Registered!!

batman900 will become famous soon enough

Ya they quoted me 6k on my car back when it only had 38k miles on it a couple years ago. I was like HAH laters.... Like others sujested, sell it privat listing because the dealerships will rape you for it.
batman900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009   #5  
Registered!!

hardboil is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks all for replies

how do i sell privately a car i still own money to the bank, never done it before

do you guys think having front and rear bumper damage will lower the value significantly ?
hardboil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009   #6  
Registered!!

Personality is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardboil View Post
thanks all for replies

how do i sell privately a car i still own money to the bank, never done it before

do you guys think having front and rear bumper damage will lower the value significantly ?
you can sign it over i am pretty sure, but the bumpers will make people picky
Personality is offline   Reply With Quote