General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Question on Rubber Hose...

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2006
RL_
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RL_ is an unknown quantity at this point
Question on Rubber Hose...

guys, what are those two rubber hoses?. (Facing the picture/screen) the left rubber hose(green arrow) and the right rubber hose(blue arrow - pinkie finger size).

And can i change the right rubber hose(blue arrow) into a longer one?

thx
Old 12-18-2006
Registered!!

civic05acer has a spectacular aura aboutcivic05acer has a spectacular aura aboutcivic05acer has a spectacular aura about
the green one is fuel. and i dont know the blue im thinking its oil.
Old 12-18-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

XSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really nice
the picture is hard to make out but it looks like your fuel line and a vac hose that connects to the fuel rail. they should bout be about 1/4". If being replaced, the fuel line should be dedicated fuel hose, not just some Home Depot crap that will burst and set your car on fire. The vac hose isnt as big a deal, you can use regular hose for that which you can buy in lengths as Autozone or O'reilly auto parts.
Old 12-18-2006
Banned

Gr33nMonster is an unknown quantity at this point
Fuel and oil hoses I belivee
Old 12-18-2006
Premium Member

XSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really nice
no, oil doesnt pass through external lines on this engine. Oil goes into the head, down to the block, pan and back swishing around nicely and lubricatingly lol. the only place oil will come out, if you remove a bolt/sensor, is the oil pan or the oil pressure sensor. unless im missing something, ah well, anyways it wouldnt pass through a rubber hose, that for sure.
Old 12-18-2006
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
The one that says "Fuel line" is exactly that, the other one is a vac hose.
Old 12-18-2006
RL_
Registered!!

RL_ is an unknown quantity at this point
thx for the reply guys... i just look under the hood and look for the right hose(green arrow) and it says "fuel hose". OK my problem is this......

here's the pic:

When I installed an intake tube, i noticed that the hose(blue arrow/encircled) is sticking with the tube. I put some ceramic fiber to temporarily cover the hose, and underneath the ceramic fiber, on the tube, I put an aluminum foil tape(yellow arrow), to prevent the heat from the tube to transfer to the hose.

Now my question is, is it safe to change the hose(blue arrow/encircled) into a longer one?
Im planning to paint/chrome the tube sometime in the future. And i want to remove the ceramic fiber and aluminum foil that i installed.

Thx
Old 12-19-2006
Premium Member

couldn't you have ran that line under the intake pipe instead of over, then you wouldnt have to do anything with it.
Old 12-19-2006
I'll flip out and kill people.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
modoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questioned
i don't see why you couldn't swap it for a longer hose... but it looks like running it under would be easier