General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

It finally happened....

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
chaoticmav should not be trustedchaoticmav should not be trustedchaoticmav should not be trustedchaoticmav should not be trusted
It finally happened....

It took two years for my system to finally get stolen, and a good run it was.

Long Story short:

Had Engine Overhaul at 64k

Engine blew 67k

Took car in at end of June, continued a fight with Honda about them not honoring their warranty.

Went into dealership 7/12 to talk to Corp. rep that never showed, and found that my CD Player was missing. Did not think anything of, didn't really care THAT much, as it was on its way out.

Go to the dealership today..... frayed trunk popping wire (they tried to use the trunk popper but I disconnected it and they cut and mangled it to try to get it open), lock over the seats mangled (rigged it not to work), they attempted to pry the seats back (did not work), they tried to steal my tweeters mounted on my front pillars (failed), and THEN they popped out the lock on the trunk, and actually got in. I imagine this whole process took about 30 minutes, which is maybe over estimating, but something I am proud of because they almost didn't get in. They stole:

2 Kenwood 9102D's
1 Kenwood 4 Channel Amp
Some retarded capacitor

They didn't get:
My 2 12" Subs
Infinity 6x9's
Alpine Type R Components
All my wiring (hey atleast I can use it again)

All in all, I contacted the cops took pictures/videos of the scene, I had like 3 managers of honda swarming me, apologizing giving me thier numbers etc. I have not contacted me insurance company yet, I will in the morning (just got home). Just my story, not actually upset about the stereo, it can/will be replaced. I had the car towed home today.

I am curious though, what are my options or what outcomes can I expect, I am not looking for the NOTHING response. Will honda be held liable etc? My father and I have been attempting to get ahold of both the dealer AND coporate about my damn car, and they stopped contacting is, then this happened.

This was in a gravel lot not even 3 car lengths from the main building. I took pictures/video of the position of my car, the security cameras EVERYTHING.

Also it does NOT look like forced entry into my cabin, not scratches or anything that would resemble a slim jim etc. When I got to the car the doors were locked (wtf?), wouldn't you NOT care? lol

When I left the 12th, the doors were locked, came back today, doors locked, Honda has been in possesion of my key/car for a while now.

Thanks for listening, laterz.
Old 07-24-2006
Registered!!

ian01ex is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow that really sucks bro. I hope you can get that worked out and if you cant send me a pm. My friends mom is dating a guy that is pretty high up on coporate honda.
Old 07-24-2006
Registered!!

chaoticmav should not be trustedchaoticmav should not be trustedchaoticmav should not be trustedchaoticmav should not be trusted
Originally Posted by ian01ex
Wow that really sucks bro. I hope you can get that worked out and if you cant send me a pm. My friends mom is dating a guy that is pretty high up on coporate honda.
Yeah I am hoping this incident will motivate them just to "take care" of me. If this doesn't do anything I am going to have to take them to court which is going to SUCK, I will keep that in mind, thanks man.
Old 07-26-2006
Registered!!

ian01ex is an unknown quantity at this point
No problem. It's kinda nice when I need my car worked on cuz he calls ahead for me and says hey treat this guy cool so if you need some help I'll try to get ya in the loop hehe.
Old 07-26-2006
2 cups sweety 8 cups bitch
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Suzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond repute
damn that sucks.
so they're going to try to kiss youy *** now by fixing the car just so you wont take them to court?
honda is at fault, the keys were in their hands. Jerks
Old 07-26-2006
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
many shops say or have signs (or written on the paper you sign) that say not liable to theft or damage to vehicle. in which case they are not liable.
Old 07-26-2006
2 cups sweety 8 cups bitch

Suzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond repute
^ this is true
Old 07-26-2006

soonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by gearbox
many shops say or have signs (or written on the paper you sign) that say not liable to theft or damage to vehicle. in which case they are not liable.
Having a sign up doesn't remove their liability, if you sign something thats another story. They put them up in hopes that if you see it you won't try anything. Kind of like beware of dog signs, if someone gets in your yard and gets bit, your still responsible. Either way your own insurance will cover it, its a comprehensive claim so it won't affect your price. At the very least you can try to get the dealer to pay your deductible. Honda as a corporation won't be responsible, but the dealership it is at will be. Go after them.
Old 07-26-2006
Registered!!

Dark_Pyro7 is an unknown quantity at this point
I say talk to the managers and have them hook you up on a fatty deal for a trade in for an new SI or even a s2k! Thats what I would do.

So was it caught on security camera??? Was it convienietly moved to a place where there werent any cameras sometime during the day it happened? Sucks when this happens, has happened to me as well, they smashed my window, everything is fixed and insurance covered my system luckily. But still had the deductable (300) for the window and part of system. But the window that is "oem spec" seems thin, and its reflection is almost like a circus mirror. Diffiently not as good as new, and you will always notice it.
Old 07-26-2006
Registered!!

lewal has a spectacular aura aboutlewal has a spectacular aura aboutlewal has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by soonercivic
Having a sign up doesn't remove their liability, if you sign something thats another story. They put them up in hopes that if you see it you won't try anything. Kind of like beware of dog signs, if someone gets in your yard and gets bit, your still responsible. Either way your own insurance will cover it, its a comprehensive claim so it won't affect your price. At the very least you can try to get the dealer to pay your deductible. Honda as a corporation won't be responsible, but the dealership it is at will be. Go after them.

I'm under the impression that: You might be able to argue that the dealership was a Bailor in which case they would be responsible. Also, you could try and go the "Dealer was negligent" route if you have any information to show they didn't provide ordinary care in protecting your car while it was in their care.

Honda Corporate may be responsible if you can somehow tie them in; considering they are affiliated w/ the dealership. Using your example of the dog, if the dog bites someone when they walk on your property and it turns out that although you are the only one that lives there, but your parents own the home... your parents might be liable, since it's their property... etc etc.
Old 07-26-2006
Registered!!

Curiouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really nice
its america man. hire a lawyer, sue the **** outta them, and be happy with the new SI or s2000 your going to get .

jk. sucks that that happened.
Old 07-26-2006
Registered!!

bullet02ex will become famous soon enoughbullet02ex will become famous soon enough
sorry man. they have to be liable. im sure they would rather work it out then go to court which would cost them way mroe in the long run then it would to fix your car.
Old 07-27-2006
Registered!!

Thanks for all the advice. I am going to call them first thing Tuesday. I am SO freaking busy at work that I do not have the time to contact them till then.. Plus they had this "promise" they would contact me... yeah ... BullShit...
Old 07-28-2006
Registered!!

Dark_Pyro7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Good luck talking to them, hope things go the way you want them. So what would you like to see happen? Don't let them off the hook without a fight.
Old 07-28-2006
Premium Member

redem2 has a spectacular aura aboutredem2 has a spectacular aura about
honda is not liable for the reasons gearbox stated. also, this is why they ask you to take all your valubles out of your car before you hand them your keys. unless you can prove that the theft was not forced entry and that your keys fell into the wrong hands this is gonna be a hard one. hope you get something back. good luck.