General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Purchasing a S2000????

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2006

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bionikbreaks is an unknown quantity at this point
Purchasing a S2000????

I recently decided to retire the civic and am looking into an S2000 Is there anything in particular i should pay close attention to also what year is the best to aim for????
Old 07-04-2006
You gotta be as blind as Anne Frank not to see that

ddevil0013 is on a distinguished road
ap1 w/ 9k redline ftw
Old 07-04-2006
Registered!!

dacivic is an unknown quantity at this point
www.s2ki.com
Old 07-04-2006
Registered!!

Eeeeeeh is an unknown quantity at this point
Based on your lifestyle and your weather and climate. I had one for a daily driver for the past 8 months. I loved the car and was very satisfied in how it performed. The car glues to the road, body roll is non exsistent, and I was taking out V8s and EVOs on the freeway.

The things I didn't like about it were that I would barely get over 300 miles on a full tank, it would take $35-40 to fill up with only premium, and the ride was very jagged and jittery. If your in the market for a two seater, please drive a s2k and Z. Make your own decision. I never drove a Z before and after I had the Z. I got to sit in one, and it was a lot more roomy. I'm 5'10 and mostly legs and I always kept the seat pushed furthest back. On long road trips my left hip and lower back would ache. The car started to become a pain being my daily driver. I loved hitting the freeway with the top down, windows up blowing blunts and listening to my favorite songs.

It all boils down to what you really want. If you want a 2 seater, go for it. But please drive the both the S and the Z and make your decision. I think the Z roadster looks like complete *** so I wouldn't bother with it. Z has a few more luxury items, weighs over 3000lbs. so the ride will be fairly comfortable and it won't give up much to bumps and grooves, and will be easier around town to drive with the torque. The s2k gains speed from the gearing and being light. The car is light and will drive that way, so aside from being able to juke and twist and turn on a dime, you will get poor ride quality and the car will shift on bumpy roads.

I decided last month that I wanted a STi. Well, in 8 months I put 17k on the s2k, and the value was dropped to $23k from the $32k brand spankin new. 04-05 STi are very hard to come by and a brand new STi costs $34k, so I leased a 2.5RS and decided to build credit towards the STi. The Subaru is a helluva lot faster around town and more comfortable. Not nearly as fun to drive but it gets me there.

Now if you decide on the s2k, I wouldn't get a 06. Only if you really want the Laguna Seca color, which is a beautiful color I might add. But the 06 aren't as raw as the previous gens. Traction control, new seats, and speakers behind the seats. Might weigh a little more too. The previous models came with Recaros stock. 99-03 are the AP1s. They have the 9k redline, 2.0, 16'' rims, different tails and headlights. The suspension is a little more raw then the AP2s, so I heard it is easier to snap out the rear. 04 and up are the AP2s. 8k redline, 2.2 liter, new 4.10 gearing, and 17'' wheels with a refined suspension. They are said to be slightly easier to drive around town with the broader powerband. They also have tweeters which the AP1s did not. The "s2000" radio door is also exclusive to the 04-05.

Good luck and happy hunting

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 07-04-2006

Bionikbreaks is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks for the information it will most definitly guide me towards the right direction.