General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

06 Evo or 06 STi

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spartacus is an unknown quantity at this point
Id take the sti, but both cars are superb b/c they can take on ur as*hole cameros, mustangs, etc, and beat out ferraris and lambos on the track w/ some simple upgrades, gets the rich old guys pissed!
Old 02-27-2006
Registered!!

DUDEitsMATTx has a spectacular aura aboutDUDEitsMATTx has a spectacular aura aboutDUDEitsMATTx has a spectacular aura about
what are the 1/4 mile times for these cars? is there a site that shows all the1/4 mile times for stock cars?
Old 02-27-2006
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
I think both the Evo MR and Sti have mid to low 13 second 1/4 mile times.
Old 02-27-2006
The blackbeauty ES1.

jhonsok is an unknown quantity at this point
Mitsu's have strong motors. The motor from the EVO III is amazing ! I don't know how the newer Evo's are though...
if it was my choice, and i couldnt get to choose an EVo III, IV or V, then it would be the STi.
I saw a new white one one day..very hot.
Old 02-27-2006
Registered!!

xkimsungminx is an unknown quantity at this point
deeng rich boy alriight upgrading to an evo or an sti at oOoOh 18, haha just like the 80% of high school kids at the high school i went to before i graduated. i went back recently, and i swear the kids have cars that're worth way more than the teachers. there were 2 or 3 sti's, i think 1 or 2 evo VIII's, a few Z's, 1 or 2 G35's etc. if you get what i'm saying. but good luck anyways, BUT if it's money you saved up from working and stuff and you're pitching to buy, all the more props to you man. good luck.
Old 02-27-2006
awd pwnz j00
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

import2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
Ok, heres my $.02.

STi > EVO

I'm also very biased, but here's what I know mainly from experience.

If you're going to get the EVO than get the MR, the tranny in the reg evo sucks doggyshit. If you are looking for a fast track car, then by all means get the EVO. It is easier to get power out of, but be prepared, it will break.... often. This motor has been around a very long time, decades. The motor is proven and can make a lot of power very easily. Looks are negligable, as I don't like the stock lines of the evo and am not a fan of full body kits.

The STi has more power stock and is very fun to drive. Tranny is great and so is the motor. It is harder to get power from the motor compared to the EVO, but you're 18, you really don't need anything more than it has stock. Get stage2 and call it a day. I love my STi and wouldn't change my decision at all. Also, get an 05 STi, the alpha eyes are fugly.

Also, the STi has more potential than the new 06 WRX... just incase you were foolish enough to believe otherwise.
Old 02-28-2006
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by xkimsungminx
deeng rich boy alriight upgrading to an evo or an sti at oOoOh 18, haha just like the 80% of high school kids at the high school i went to before i graduated. i went back recently, and i swear the kids have cars that're worth way more than the teachers. there were 2 or 3 sti's, i think 1 or 2 evo VIII's, a few Z's, 1 or 2 G35's etc. if you get what i'm saying. but good luck anyways, BUT if it's money you saved up from working and stuff and you're pitching to buy, all the more props to you man. good luck.

Yeah i know what your talking about. When i was going to high school, some of my friends had slk's, 3 series and my best friend had a jaguar xk8 convertible. I remember the vice principle and the proctor would check out his car during lunch time.
Old 02-28-2006
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
anyone who plans their mods only by referring to them in stages, should not be modifing the car's engine.
Old 02-28-2006
Registered!!

STI
http://www.jtuned.com/content/templa...d=332&zoneid=1

EVO
http://www.jtuned.com/content/templa...d=285&zoneid=1

STI
http://www.jtuned.com/content/templa...id=46&zoneid=1

EVO
http://www.jtuned.com/content/templa...eid=7&zoneid=1

check those out if you want.
Old 02-28-2006
Registered!!

Old 02-28-2006
Registered!!

RangerMan is a jewel in the roughRangerMan is a jewel in the roughRangerMan is a jewel in the rough
Honestly I think the STI gets more respect compared to Evo, the Evo just reminds me of another lancer. Case n Point. Subaru has become the most reliable vehicle to buy btw.
Old 02-28-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by RangerMan
Honestly I think the STI gets more respect compared to Evo, the Evo just reminds me of another lancer. Case n Point. Subaru has become the most reliable vehicle to buy btw.
yup for sure, i'd take an STi over an EVO. but i was just showing pictures i had, didn't have any pics of STi's so i just linked those for him to look at, and posted pics of the EVO for him to compare too if he wanted.
Old 02-28-2006
awd pwnz j00

Originally Posted by diskreet
anyone who plans their mods only by referring to them in stages, should not be modifing the car's engine.
Weeeell, in the subie community stage2 refers to a full TBE (turbo-back exhaust) along with one of the EM's.
Old 02-28-2006

diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by import2nr
Weeeell, in the subie community stage2 refers to a full TBE (turbo-back exhaust) along with one of the EM's.
I understand the concept of 'stage' upgrades. But I have found that most people who refer to stage upgrades couldnt identify what a turbo was under the hood of a turboed car. They have no idea what an ECU, dyno, or turbo timer is. Those people shouldnt be boosting.
Old 02-28-2006
Registered!!

kasimmmmm has a spectacular aura aboutkasimmmmm has a spectacular aura aboutkasimmmmm has a spectacular aura about
its not always about wuts faster... subaru's are better built so sti.
Old 02-28-2006
7thgens official a$$hole

ajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to behold
Evo Ix
Old 02-28-2006
awd pwnz j00

I understand the concept of 'stage' upgrades. But I have found that most people who refer to stage upgrades couldnt identify what a turbo was under the hood of a turboed car. They have no idea what an ECU, dyno, or turbo timer is. Those people shouldnt be boosting.
I see what you're saying as for most people. But like I said, in the subie community stage2 is common, very common.

Also, 95% of people on nasioc (and probably other subaru forums) refer to their mods as stages. I'm sure they can tell you where the turbo is
Old 02-28-2006
Life Begins > 6800rpms

blouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to behold
sti FTW because its more reliable even though it doesnt look as good.
Old 02-28-2006
Registered!!

DUDEitsMATTx has a spectacular aura aboutDUDEitsMATTx has a spectacular aura aboutDUDEitsMATTx has a spectacular aura about
well i know show u were the turbo is and what an ecu,dyno, and a turbo time are, also i can tell u what a BOV and a boost gauge are.. i know some stuff
Old 02-28-2006
Registered!!

also it does not really matter and more cuz im not gunna be getting a new car unless i make payments and i dont feel like it cuz i dont make enought $. so im gunna keep my vic that payed off and save my $ that i get and spend a little on my car and the rest for a house since here in fl the houses just keep going^^^
Old 02-28-2006
Registered!!

jerseydetailer has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Originally Posted by DUDEitsMATTx
well i know show u were the turbo is and what an ecu,dyno, and a turbo time are, also i can tell u what a BOV and a boost gauge are.. i know some stuff

thats cool..if you dont know much bout cars though start picking up some magazines and reading...you can learn the theoretical aspect and when you begin wrenching on your car/your peeps car you learn the applicational aspect as for the the visual appeal of the car...so i guess you cant make the sti hot ..i mean yeah the evo is hot....imo a lil to much...but to each his own ...if your talking bout which car is better..factoring in price and what your are starting with.the sti wins...you have to compare the evo mr which thousands more..thats mod money right there
Old 02-28-2006
jdmtytedoridori

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by white2K2EX
I wouldn't buy either of them. Mitsubishis are of questionable quality and the new STi looks like dogshit.
disagree, the new wrx/STi design is the best we have had in the US thus far. functional, and looks good at the same time.
Old 02-28-2006
awd pwnz j00

also it does not really matter and more cuz im not gunna be getting a new car unless i make payments and i dont feel like it cuz i dont make enought $. so im gunna keep my vic that payed off and save my $ that i get and spend a little on my car and the rest for a house since here in fl the houses just keep going^^^

Did you know the STi doesn't have a stock BOV ?
Old 02-28-2006
Ride BMX

Mutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enoughMutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enough
sti by far
Old 02-28-2006
Registered!!

yah it does not even come with one.. neather does the wrx
Old 02-28-2006
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
Did you know the STi doesn't have a stock BOV ?

yah it does not even come with one.. neather does the wrx

referring to the stages, not all "stages" are the same, such as Vishnu's stage 2 is not exactly the same as stage 2 Cobb.... also folks that get to Cobb stage 2.5 SHOULD know what turbo they are using, usually VF30.... VF34

Last edited by CuRiOuSfIsH; 02-28-2006 at 04:53 PM.
Old 02-28-2006

I see what you're saying as for most people. But like I said, in the subie community stage2 is common, very common.

Also, 95% of people on nasioc (and probably other subaru forums) refer to their mods as stages. I'm sure they can tell you where the turbo is

Yes but we are on a civic forum. So stage <#> usually means someone played NFSU2 and thinks they are a tuner.
I do agree about the other crowds knowing their stuff. The best example of stage upgrades is on suprastore.com!
Old 02-28-2006
Back From The Banned!

^^^ I may be prejudice about this but folks *ahem kids ahem* that buy the WRX/Sti/Evo and mod but dont know jack about their own car.... usually have parents that are too rich. I have seen many threads about very young WRX drivers that wreck their car in a very short amount of time of owning the car.
Old 02-28-2006

Originally Posted by CuRiOuSfIsH
^^^ I may be prejudice about this but folks *ahem kids ahem* that buy the WRX/Sti/Evo and mod but dont know jack about their own car.... usually have parents that are too rich. I have seen many threads about very young WRX drivers that wreck their car in a very short amount of time of owning the car.
well money doesnt buy maturity, although its just as likely for a rich person to be mature behind the wheel as is a poor person.
Old 02-28-2006

cubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of light
STi period.

Quick Reply: 06 Evo or 06 STi