General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Testing: what kinds of mods would you want? (list update)

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Testing: what kinds of mods would you want? (list update)

I am putting some serious thought in becoming a site vendor to offer some of you an assortment of custom mods at cheap prices. Alot of it will be unique, some will be based on already available products with a cheaper price. I already have a long list lined up to test market in the next few months once I start building prototypes. I would like to hear what some of you would actually buy for your rides. Again do not simply list mods like intake, exhaust, strut bars. I am not here to sell parts like that. This is more of a specialty area with products like ground wire kits, lighting effects and custom stuff. Things that you thought were neat to have but either you don't know or don't have the time to put together. Any ideas will be appreciated!

This is a very tentative list and some of these may never make it to production but it gives you guys an idea.

-LED taillight retrofit (coupe or sedan)
-Ignition equalizer ground kits
-Factory replacement, direct-fit ground wire kit
-Lexus-style hi intensity white license plate lights
-Interior LED accent kits
-DX indiglo gauges
-DX custom blue LED cluster (after indiglo testing)
-Aluminum polished plug-wire cover
-Hood sound damping pad
-Trunk carpet liner kit w/emergency supplies
-Black overlay gauge faces EX/LX
-aluminum civic door sills
-Hyper Red glow needle kits for 01-02 cluster
-LED parking and signal lights (that actually work)
-Plug and play LED dash lights
-Rear fog light kit and wiring
-cig lighter gauge panel replacement
-steering column gauge pod
-Glove box light kit

I have already ordered alot of supplies so I can start testing and figure out how feasable this will be. Alot of the materials are really expensive so doesn't look like I'll be making much profit. Which is okay, I'm excited about offering some products that other companies don't care about.

Last edited by gearbox; 02-16-2006 at 05:38 PM.
Old 02-15-2006
Smuggling bananas and mexicans all for one low price...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
CF door pillar inserts for the exterior for coupes.

Titanium Radiator cover to replace the plastic one for coupes (ima make it if no one else does lol)

Actual seat rails to fit RSX seats that have all the holes properly drilled, so we don't have to drill our own.

You make me those and I'll buy all three right now lol

Last edited by TheSmuggler; 02-15-2006 at 01:08 PM.
Old 02-15-2006
I need TP for my bunghole

PunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud of
will add more to list, so check back

1. A mid body brace bar that uses the lower seat belt bolts and runs along the floor.

2. Front traction bars

3. Master brake cylinder brace/ strut bar combo or just the Master brake cylinder brace

4. Lx to Ex header swap out of the box with header\cat\and extended 02 sensors.

5. Weld on endlink brakets for the LX, DX models (instead of buying the expensive progress kit.)

6. Lower Front tie bar (spoon is the only one I know of that makes one)

7. Progress style rear lower tie bar

8. Overlay gauges faces in black

9. Lancer Evo style mid harness bars

10. import and sell the indonesian ferio under hood noise and heat thing.

11. Dual fitted gauge pod for the steering column

Last edited by PunkingCivic; 02-15-2006 at 02:53 PM.
Old 02-15-2006
Smuggling bananas and mexicans all for one low price...

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
Oh **** Monbkey bars for the trunk area, like the EM bars lol
Old 02-15-2006
Registered!!

gaugeof12 has a spectacular aura aboutgaugeof12 has a spectacular aura about
How about some custom gauge faces for the DX cluster.
Old 02-15-2006
Registered!!

fiatdale will become famous soon enoughfiatdale will become famous soon enough
How about a nice trunk lid cover of some sort. Doesnt have to house any speakers or anything, just something that looks factory and covers up our unsightly dynamat everywhere. Maybe even store an orange safety triangle like the germans
Old 02-15-2006
Registered!!

familycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to all
i would have to say cf interior panels and also the exterior pillar panels for a sedan.
traction bars as mentioned above
N/A intake mani
Old 02-15-2006
Registered!!

jerseydetailer has a little shameless behaviour in the past
harness bar for the 4door civic similar to the sparco harness bar
instrument cluster that house 2 gauges for the 4door civic
--they make them for 96-00 civics thru autometer
--or even better yet 3 gauges to go where the cig lighter is
lx header(pref ceramic)
true bolt on rear disc for conversion for non abs civics
Old 02-15-2006
Registered!!

HonCivX02 is an unknown quantity at this point
become a k20 distributer lol....thats what i want
Old 02-15-2006
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
guys some of these are excellent ideas, thanks. others are completely not possible for me to do but i will try Keep em coming.
Old 02-15-2006
Wanna see a donkey show?

cg95660 is an unknown quantity at this point
I would like some to make hid(projectors) retros in oem buckets.
Old 02-15-2006
Boobies are the mans tinkertoys

dp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to behold
1. that would be cool, buying retroed OEM housings

2. gauges for automatic that are jsut like OEM ones but doesnt have the gear indicator, the black squares are ugly

Last edited by dp_yz713; 02-15-2006 at 02:14 PM.
Old 02-15-2006
Registered!!

DUDEitsMATTx has a spectacular aura aboutDUDEitsMATTx has a spectacular aura aboutDUDEitsMATTx has a spectacular aura about
figure out how to get msd ignition or the msd blaster coil for a 03 civic ex... i like the turnk inside cover thing i would buy that and the 3 gauges for boost or w/e by the cig lighter thing. i want a cf roof, but thats proably not possable.. lol
Old 02-15-2006
Registered!!

nick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to behold
Deck relocation kit. You know the modded lower dash piece for a single din. I would understand if it was a pre-paid thing.

Hood lights. I can figure it out but I am sure folks would buy it. My F-150 had one and I loved it. This way if you pop your hood at night you dont need to look for a flashlight.

Last edited by nick95673; 02-15-2006 at 02:26 PM.
Old 02-15-2006
Registered!!

Hayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by PunkingCivic
will add more to list, so check back

1. A mid body brace bar that uses the lower seat belt bolts and runs along the floor.

2. Front traction bars

3. Master brake cylinder brace/ strut bar combo or just the Master brake cylinder brace

5. Weld on endlink brakets for the LX, DX models (instead of buying the expensive progress kit.)

6. Lower Front tie bar (spoon is the only one I know of that makes one)

10. import and sell the indonesian ferio under hood noise and heat thing.
I like these
Old 02-15-2006
Premium Member

runner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to all
i agree on the extended 02 sensors for the lx so we can swap a header cat and exhaust in, same with true bolt on rear disc for conversion for non abs civics (but this maybe a little much for you) , replicas of your door sills that you had imported, hids in oem lights or blacked out oem headlights, ground wire kit, sidemarkers template or something to help install them
Old 02-15-2006
Registered!!

DUDEitsMATTx has a spectacular aura aboutDUDEitsMATTx has a spectacular aura aboutDUDEitsMATTx has a spectacular aura about
you can get blacked out oem headlight for a pretty good prize on http://www.robearracing.com/cat_lighting7.cfm
oops i had 2 edit this, just the houseings are black they still look cool.
Old 02-15-2006
Registered!!

Thuener will become famous soon enoughThuener will become famous soon enough
i currently have tein SS coilovers, robbear black lights, 17 inch mr-7's, and i/h/e d17... the only mods i want are:

-aluminum dash trim kit

-turbo'd k20a2, (never going to happen), so i could be extremely fast, but without all the hyperflashiness of a body kit.
Old 02-15-2006
7thgens official a$$hole

ajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to behold
maybe guage pods for above the sterio like the cobras have. and a mold of the headlight that allows for air intake for raceing purposes.
Old 02-15-2006
Registered!!

03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light
Front strut bar that will clear TSI turbo intake..(tsi intake pape goes opposite to cai)
Old 02-15-2006
Boobies are the mans tinkertoys

dp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Thuener
i currently have tein SS coilovers, robbear black lights, 17 inch mr-7's, and i/h/e d17... the only mods i want are:

-aluminum dash trim kit

-turbo'd k20a2, (never going to happen), so i could be extremely fast, but without all the hyperflashiness of a body kit.
he said "custom mods" not just the normal stuff you can get anywhere, like thing that he would make
Old 02-15-2006
Premium Member

yea sorry but i dont have the ability to make custom suspension stuff.
Old 02-15-2006
GO LOW or GO HOME

sl0wEM2 has a spectacular aura aboutsl0wEM2 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by cg95660
HID projector retro into OEM headlights
Old 02-15-2006
Registered!!

Civicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of light
1)sedan gauge pod

2)motor parts

3)front bumper clips
Old 02-15-2006
Ride BMX

Mutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enoughMutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by cg95660

^^^^
Old 02-15-2006
Life Begins > 6800rpms

blouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to behold
a functional floor bar. just a 4 ft piece of steel with bolt ends; i may make one soon myself.
Old 02-15-2006
DONT PANIC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
turboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to all
I would like a fiberglass box to put my alpine sub in the spare-tire area, and have a nice false floor. (i dont have the time or patience to make stuff like this)

And also the relocation piece for the head unit.
Old 02-15-2006
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
How about a mount kit so I can drop in a Hemi?

Sweeeeeeeet.
Old 02-15-2006
Registered!!

RedBull is an unknown quantity at this point
i like most of the ones everyone put up already... but i got a few:

1. plug & play light for the glove box... so i don't have to DIY

2. a plug & play replacement for reverse gauges that works great, manual & a/t

3. the sedan guage pod were still waiting on!

4. custom speaker openings replacement or cover

5. black taillights that actually look good

6. custom sedan replacement seat upholstery, not just covers

pretty much any custom or jdm-ish interior stuff... that isn't cheap stuff that breaks right away.
Old 02-15-2006
Premium Member

redem2 has a spectacular aura aboutredem2 has a spectacular aura about
- hid projectors in stock housing
- how about a custom rear lip like the rs 4drs but for the coupe. same style and everything, just better fitment on coupes.

Quick Reply: Testing: what kinds of mods would you want? (list update)