General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Porsche Cayenne S?? UPDATE WITH PICS page 6

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006
im a psychopath...what are you looking at?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
claudeboi is an unknown quantity at this point
...mmmm how bout the new cadillac escalade...
Old 02-08-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

04hemiboy is just really nice04hemiboy is just really nice04hemiboy is just really nice04hemiboy is just really nice
Originally Posted by 2005SE
HAHAHA! No one paid attention to your post because that thing is so DAMN UGLY! Who cares how fast it is? It's a freakin SUV for cryin' out loud. I nearly cried when I heard that Porsche was even making an SUV, it seemed like such a 'sell-out' move on their part, but hey, it looks pretty nice...UNLIKE that JEEP!
The original poster did comment on it.He liked it but wasn't what he is looking for. Isn't the Cayenne a SUV too. For the Cherokee being ugly you need to get your eyes checked. All the Porsche is a dressed up VW TOUREG and even that is nicer looking.
Old 02-08-2006
Premium Member

04hemiboy is just really nice04hemiboy is just really nice04hemiboy is just really nice04hemiboy is just really nice
Originally Posted by claudeboi
...mmmm how bout the new cadillac escalade...
The new 07 one is HOT looking.
Old 02-08-2006
MAVS FAN 4EVER

jknudsen is a jewel in the roughjknudsen is a jewel in the roughjknudsen is a jewel in the roughjknudsen is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by dre2600
Thats okay, I know what its like man, dealing coke can be rough

hahahahha, i almost spit my coffee all over myself tooo funnny!!! +1 rep
Old 02-08-2006
RESIDENT ROTOR HEAD

nookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of light
Okay guys I may end up looking like a huge *** here...

Porsche approved me but not at the promised rate from yesterday. Payments shot up a couple hundred which is not what I was expecting. He says he's still working on it, but honestly from my point of view it doesn't look good...

I don't know...I wouldn't be heartbroken over the whole ordeal I mean it's not like I had my heart set on it. I'd be perfectly fine driving the cars I have now and trying this again at a later date.

We'll see how things unfold throughout the day...

Last edited by nookiemonster; 02-08-2006 at 12:37 PM.
Old 02-08-2006
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
they are trying to **** you. run away
Old 02-08-2006
im a psychopath...what are you looking at?

claudeboi is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by MajinB
they are trying to **** you. run away
...NO!!! dont run away, jus BEND OVER
...jus kidding, hope you get the car though
Old 02-08-2006
Premium Member

Originally Posted by nookiemonster
Okay guys I may end up looking like a huge *** here...

Porsche approved me but not at the promised rate from yesterday. Payments shot up a couple hundred which is not what I was expecting. He says he's still working on it, but honestly from my point of view it doesn't look good...

I don't know...I wouldn't be heartbroken over the whole ordeal I mean it's not like I had my heart set on it. I'd be perfectly fine driving the cars I have now and trying this again at a later date.

We'll see how things unfold throughout the day...
Not that you don't have nice cars to begin with so you wouldn't be missing out. What they are probably trying to do is they're giving you good on your trade so they are playing with interest rates to make up the difference.
Old 02-08-2006
RESIDENT ROTOR HEAD

nookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of light
latest news:

Porsche called me today on my lunch break and got the interest and monthly payment even lower than originally promised...

HOWEVER: They're asking for an additional 1800 down. I dunno...still contemplating...
Old 02-08-2006
Wanna see a donkey show?

cg95660 is an unknown quantity at this point
I liked them when they came out but now I dunno. I really now do not like alot of pricey cars every thing is so very expensive. I remeber a family friend who had a porsche the clutch cost 6g's to have changed. At what point do some of us say we can buy a cheaper car and make it better or buy an expensive car and struggle to keep it on the road. Btw I ma not saying you can not afford it....by any means if you qualify for a loan for one you are golden but imo its just impractical. Besides suv's eat gas are heavy and handle like boats you would prolly hate it after a while especially going from a handle machine.

Last edited by cg95660; 02-08-2006 at 04:17 PM.
Old 02-08-2006
RESIDENT ROTOR HEAD

Good point, but the dealer is giving me a 6 year 100K warranty
Old 02-08-2006
Wanna see a donkey show?

Good point, but the dealer is giving me a 6 year 100K warranty

LOL it kinda sounds like your mind is already made up. If it is then by all means go for it every body should get what they want when it comes to toys.
Old 02-08-2006
Registered!!

genexrocket has a spectacular aura aboutgenexrocket has a spectacular aura about
i hate porsches, i swear i see more of them than civics in this city; imo i'd never get one they're pretty ugly, cept for the carrera gt that i saw the other day at the movie theater
Old 02-08-2006
RESIDENT ROTOR HEAD

Originally Posted by cg95660
LOL it kinda sounds like your mind is already made up. If it is then by all means go for it every body should get what they want when it comes to toys.
Haha you're right, I have made up my mind, but my wallet hasn't made up his yet!
Old 02-11-2006
RESIDENT ROTOR HEAD

The deed is done.

The RX-8 will be sorely missed. I will always be a rotor head, but as mentioned I needed more space and one sports car was enough. I think this will serve me well as both business and sporty SUV...and add to the prestige. Thanks for all your input.
Old 02-11-2006

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
wow i thought you were gonna trade in the s2k. why did you choose the RX8? why not the s2k?
Old 02-11-2006
RESIDENT ROTOR HEAD

well as you all know I love rotary. it's an amazing design. I will always be a rotor head, hell I still have all my 13B manuals lying around. BUT...if I'm going to have a sports car AND an SUV, then I wanted to keep the purest sports car of the two. This way I can have two totally different experiences from each of the vehicles in my stable.

Plus, I've only had the S2K for a few months...had the RX-8 for about two years.
Old 02-11-2006
RESIDENT ROTOR HEAD

*** shot:

sorry the pics suck...oh well
Old 02-11-2006

don't be mad when i say this. green might be the color of money, but it sucks on that suv
Old 02-11-2006
RESIDENT ROTOR HEAD

I'm not mad. it's a love it or hate it, personally I think it's great...you gotta see it in person...looks black from most angles, green up front.

It was nostalgic for me, because i had a british racing green triumph spitfire when I was in highschool.

strangely enough porsche considers sit a special color and charges an additional 895 for it.
Old 02-11-2006
jdmtytedoridori

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
awesome. i never expected you to get rid of the rx-8 though. still a good choice.
Old 02-11-2006
Registered!!

fieryhill is an unknown quantity at this point
Actually I really like that color on the Cayenne, I think it looks really cool. Was following this post to see your decision and I was surprised you stuck with the s2k as well.
Old 02-11-2006
Registered!!

thegent is an unknown quantity at this point
congrats on your choice! Both cars look really good next to each other.
Old 02-11-2006
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
can you take a clear picture of the steering wheel/gauges. I cannot find any and I have to show my girlfriend how ugly the steering wheels is for such a nice expensive vehicle (no offense but its a nasty shape lol) since she doesnt believe me.
Old 02-11-2006
Formerly efil on evol on

Cptn. Slow has a spectacular aura aboutCptn. Slow has a spectacular aura aboutCptn. Slow has a spectacular aura about
^^^come on diskreet. google+cayenne steering wheel, 1st one

I think you made the right decision based on your reasons for buying
Old 02-11-2006

wow that is TOO many buttons! ill want to turn up the radio and accidently eject my passenger or something. dang
Old 02-11-2006
Registered!!

thegent is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by efil on evol on
^^^come on diskreet. google+cayenne steering wheel, 1st one

I think you made the right decision based on your reasons for buying
The 2005 model cayenne S wheel looks like this according to netcarshow.com

Old 02-11-2006
Banned

CiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond repute
the orange steering wheel looks like an aftermarket, it looks weird w/o the logo. the tan/grey one looks a billion times hotter!
Old 02-11-2006
Registered!!

DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light
Hey congrats on getting the Cayenne and not trading the S2k like everyone thought.
Old 02-11-2006
Wanna see a donkey show?

*** shot:

sorry the pics suck...oh well

Nice *** lol jp. Congrats on your purchase!! Keep us posted on you thoughts and how it drives.

Quick Reply: Porsche Cayenne S?? UPDATE WITH PICS page 6