Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   General Automotive Discussion (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3-general-automotive-discussion)
-   -   Porsche Cayenne S?? UPDATE WITH PICS page 6 (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3-general-automotive-discussion/245787-porsche-cayenne-s-update-pics-page-6-a.html)

nookiemonster 02-04-2006 12:36 AM

Porsche Cayenne S?? UPDATE WITH PICS page 6

Let's say you were someone who needed a car that could comfortably accomodate clients and needed some utility for a large dog and the fact that you are a home owner.

Would you trade a certain sports car in for one? What if you found an 04 Cayenne S with 8000 miles for 51K? One that normally goes for 77K since it has all the bells and whistles?

Discuss.

CiViCPrAnInG2k1 02-04-2006 12:38 AM

YES..... for crying out loud YES!

trade the rx8 and keep the s2000

kimchi29 02-04-2006 12:45 AM

Do It!

nookiemonster 02-04-2006 12:49 AM

I'm considering it very heavily. I won't divulge into which car I'm considering trading, but you can probably guess.

I test drove the sucker today and that thing moves for an SUV. It handles almost as well as a sport sedan.

CiViCPrAnInG2k1 02-04-2006 01:02 AM

since u are mazda junkie, are u saying ur gonna trade the s2000??

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

white2K2EX 02-04-2006 01:14 AM

If you need the room and want to go for something that size, you can't make a better choice than the Cayanne.

Al Gore FTW 02-04-2006 01:19 AM

I personally wouldn't do it, because of maintenance costs and such. But you have money, so DO IT!

thegent 02-04-2006 01:19 AM

My personal advice, nookiemonster, is that you take a very good look at the Infiniti FX35 and FX45 before venturing into a used porsche...

Nick 02-04-2006 01:21 AM

My friend has sold a few of them, and all his customers have to take them to the shop.

tripledoublegs 02-04-2006 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by thegent
My personal advice, nookiemonster, is that you take a very good look at the Infiniti FX35 and FX45 before venturing into a used porsche...

I would have to disagree. I say go for the Porsche. God, please go for the Porsche. that car is fawkin awesome.

CiViCPrAnInG2k1 02-04-2006 02:04 AM

Porsche > Infiniti/Nissan

TSSCivic 02-04-2006 02:48 AM

I'm sure the Cayenne is an awesome car but I personally don't really like the Cayenne. It looks weird, in my opinion.

R1Style 02-04-2006 09:46 AM

buy it.

blackdragon 02-04-2006 10:01 AM

cayenne is the same as a whad da ya call those VWs again... but its still bad-ass. My coworker has one and I noticed hes always dropping that ish off at the dealer.. dunno why tho I 'll keep ya posted

Cptn. Slow 02-04-2006 10:04 AM

^the toureg. I say go japanese. preferably infiniti

diskreet 02-04-2006 10:39 AM

I would feel more comfortable driving people around in an RX8 because its much better on gas and frankly the Cayenne does not have the presence of a porsche car, which is alot of why most people get them. they just look like an upgraded bmw x5 or something. I think they are bland, and the whole super-fast-suv thing is stupid. get a slow SUV and a fast sports car for the same $51.

efil on evol on has a good point too. a new FX45 would be alot nicer (to me at least). The FX45 is $50K new with a 320hp V8 and alot of luxury. The FX35 is only $38K new and has 280hp. So yeah those are much nicer choices and brand new. And you get good reliability.

nookiemonster 02-04-2006 11:36 AM

Hmmm thanks for the tips. I was actually planning on looking at the infiniti FX45 or whatever as well. The thing is that I was going more for style with the SUV. I'm gonna miss having 2 sports cars, but I'm looking at this is a move to improve my business and sometimes that just HAS to take priority. I'll keep you all posted as to what I do. I may end up not doing anything at all...

MajinB 02-04-2006 11:42 AM

tt is nice though. maintenance will kill you unless you can somehow do it yourself. have you considered the BMW x5(i think) or the MDX?

R1Style 02-04-2006 11:46 AM

If you're going for style then I'd definatly look into getting the FX45. I love the look of them... plus they come with 20's from factory :tup:

white2K2EX 02-04-2006 01:39 PM

Just my own .02... I think the FX-series looks like ass. If I was looking at some dude's car as a measure of his/her level of success, I'd be much more impressed with a Porsche than an Infiniti.

thegent 02-04-2006 01:47 PM

Well nookiemonster kinda said he stopped taking input.

The discussion carries on though. The cayenne's interior reminds me of a cramped TRUCK. The X5's is pure sex and its engine is very torquey, however I'll put my money on the FX35 for the fuel consumption, sporty ride, lots of features for cheap and very good quality.

I will be the last one on this earth to buy a Porsche to show others I did well in life.

dre2600 02-04-2006 02:20 PM

I heard that the FX45 has a bit more in the way of issues than the FX35. I'd opt for the X5 as well, the Cayenne is a beautiful machine and has power and handling to spare, but with Porsche power comes the Porsche price when you need parts for any maintenance (*Yoda voice: "with great power comes great responsibility") in this case, that responsiblity is paying potentially more for maintenance and replacement parts which, according to a good number of people in this thread, may be substantial.

shroomster 02-04-2006 02:21 PM

fx35/45 for exaust note....ooooh yeahhhhhh

seriously simple navigation
leather
great safety ratings/features
much , much better maintenance wise
a lot more quality for a lot less money

JP375 02-04-2006 02:42 PM

Porsche......there is no substitute.

shroomster 02-04-2006 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by JP375

^^^^thats why parts cost so much:giggle:

Cptn. Slow 02-04-2006 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by JP375

I'd agree as far as the cars go b/c they are the only company to put the engine behind the rear wheels. But the Cayenne is just another "sporty" (read poor off-road) SUV

thegent 02-04-2006 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by efil on evol on
I'd agree as far as the cars go b/c they are the only company to put the engine behind the rear wheels. But the Cayenne is just another "sporty" (read poor off-road) SUV

-- repped.

Rear-engined cars are quite a handful, thus fun to drive machines. I believe it's the essence of a Porsche and the source of most of the fan-boyism surrouding it.

nookiemonster 02-04-2006 07:01 PM

Hey I'm definitely still taking input.

I have a pretty good friend who's an auto broker who's promising me 40 range for an under 10K black on black Cayenne S. We'll see.

I'd still like to test out the FX45. Maybe the Bimmer too...

As far as reliability I've read the Cayenne S is pretty reliable it's the turbos that are having some issues. Besides, 6 year 100K warranty should cover it (what the salesman says it had, but I need to check on that).

I just want everyone to understand one thing. I'm a simple guy. I love my cars, but the nature of the business that I work in is very shallow. People judge you by the car you drive, the clothes you wear, and the way you carry yourself. You sell yourself primarily and your services secondary. I do fairly well, but I want to do better, thus this trade that I'm considering.

I don't want to be another one in the crowd of bimmers and mercedes. I mean it's apparent given the cars that I drive that I like to be different, that's why I like the Porsche, but I'm willing to consider all the others. Like I said, if I don't get a deal I like I won't do anything.

dre2600 02-04-2006 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by nookiemonster
I just want everyone to understand one thing. I'm a simple guy. I love my cars, but the nature of the business that I work in is very shallow. People judge you by the car you drive, the clothes you wear, and the way you carry yourself. You sell yourself primarily and your services secondary. I do fairly well, but I want to do better, thus this trade that I'm considering.

I don't want to be another one in the crowd of bimmers and mercedes. I mean it's apparent given the cars that I drive that I like to be different, that's why I like the Porsche, but I'm willing to consider all the others. Like I said, if I don't get a deal I like I won't do anything.

Thats okay, I know what its like man, dealing coke can be rough :(

:lol: