General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

How do I manufacture a lock for the glove box?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vinh is a glorious beacon of lightVinh is a glorious beacon of lightVinh is a glorious beacon of lightVinh is a glorious beacon of lightVinh is a glorious beacon of lightVinh is a glorious beacon of light
How do I manufacture a lock for the glove box?

yeah...its been talked about before but I never really got a straightforward
answer

i want to put my lockbolt/cd/dvds in my glove box but kinda paranoid
about it being stolen

shoot away
Old 02-02-2006
Still in the game...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

scatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to behold
maybe get a similar glove box from another car that has a lock and modify it to fit in ur car instead of hacking apart yours really dont know, this is the first ive heard of someone wanting to do it
Old 02-02-2006
Red Hot Chili Peppers....bitch

RHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond repute
i would like to do it too cause i hate carrying around my ipod with me and i dont think its too safe when i just put it in the compartment below the deck
Old 02-02-2006
I need TP for my bunghole

PunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud of
look for a univeral box lock: http://images.google.com/images?svnu...x+lock&spell=1
Old 02-02-2006
Registered!!

eyegiant is an unknown quantity at this point
i never thought about that till now. Our civic don't come with glove box lock,but we do have truck locks, that's funny.
Old 02-02-2006
Banned

CiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rhcp0801
i would like to do it too cause i hate carrying around my ipod with me and i dont think its too safe when i just put it in the compartment below the deck
store it in your trunk. on the left driver side seat, where you pop the trunk/gas door there should be a lock there for the trunk. once that's locked, no one can open the trunk except using the key.
Old 02-02-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
how easy is it for thieves to break into a locked glove box? very easy. Why didn't honda put a lock on it? because they don't want you putting valuable stuff in there and getting it stolen.
Old 02-02-2006

Vinh is a glorious beacon of lightVinh is a glorious beacon of lightVinh is a glorious beacon of lightVinh is a glorious beacon of lightVinh is a glorious beacon of lightVinh is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by gearbox
how easy is it for thieves to break into a locked glove box? very easy. Why didn't honda put a lock on it? because they don't want you putting valuable stuff in there and getting it stolen.

gearbox...you're always the killjoy

cd's aren't valuable but they got some sentimental value to it

just an idea
Old 02-02-2006
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Vinh
gearbox...you're always the killjoy
to his defense...hes kinda pissed of at his car. and hes just being realistic about it. in a blunt sort of way.

anyway, you could ask for a lock to fit your own car key.
Old 02-02-2006

how so?

other honda's have glove box lock (i.e. oddessey)

Last edited by Vinh; 02-02-2006 at 11:02 PM.
Old 02-02-2006
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Vinh
how so?

other honda's have glove box lock (i.e. oddessey)
well, you could ask honda to make a copy of your lock from your door. install it into your glove box. use your own personal key