General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Mazda 6

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
frdeffscrbrd is an unknown quantity at this point
Mazda 6

i'm thinkning about getting a 2006 mazda 6 5-door with black leather and a 6-speed tiptronic tranny

the car will be bright island blue the last pic

what u guys think?

here are a few pics

Old 02-01-2006
Registered!!

fallout is a jewel in the roughfallout is a jewel in the roughfallout is a jewel in the roughfallout is a jewel in the rough
DONT!!! My boy had one for 3 years. Problems popped up on a monthly basis. Then tranny completely crapped out. Remember. It's a Ford!!
Get the new Si instead!!!
Old 02-01-2006
Registered!!

need a four-door and my future wife can;t drive standard and i have problems with my left foot.

please i like this car
Old 02-01-2006
Registered!!

plus baby on the way
Old 02-01-2006
Registered!!

due april 14
Old 02-01-2006
Registered!!

skratch_munkey is an unknown quantity at this point
tsx? or an accord
Old 02-01-2006
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all
i think its a nice car. I think its one of the better looking 4drs on the market. I never owned one so i dont know how well there reliability is. The mazda 3 was rated one of the most reliable cars so i'd imagine the 6 would be decent.

I would get a mazdaspeed 6, you might also wanna look into a wrx, base evo too.
Old 02-01-2006
Registered!!

dre2600 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by fallout
DONT!!! My boy had one for 3 years. Problems popped up on a monthly basis. Then tranny completely crapped out. Remember. It's a Ford!!
Everyone who persists in saying that Mazda is Ford should be banned. You haven't got very many posts, but you should at least research things. Search on this, this perception has been corrected innumerable times.

I've got a Mazda 3, have for a year now, haven't had any problems at all, barring a rattle in my door that I've had fixed under warranty (my Civic had many more than that when I bought it in 2003). So far its proven to be a great car, the 2.3 is nice, very smooth, interior ammenities are nice and price is good. Give it a look.
Old 02-01-2006
Registered!!

JP375 is an unknown quantity at this point
Go for it. Its a great car.
Old 02-01-2006
Registered!!

sil04ver is an unknown quantity at this point
I was just eyeing those up tonight, there were 2 in my work parking lot, a black one and a burgundy one. Looked sweet, and remember, Mazda 6 kicks *** in the speed world challenge series. (scca)
Old 02-01-2006
Registered!!

mrchowmein has a spectacular aura aboutmrchowmein has a spectacular aura aboutmrchowmein has a spectacular aura about

when will ppl stop concluding that Mazda = Ford in terms for design and production. If you search around the net, you will find out that the 6speed auto in the mazda6 is an Aisin tranny. Besides mazda, they also supply transmissions to Toyota, Isuzu, Mitsubishi, and Suzuki. Aisin parts tranny components could also be found in Chevy's and Dodges. As we could see the mazda is not using ford parts.

I would also like to point out that honda hasnt been making the best tranny either. 2 years ago, all the auto trannies that were hooked up to v6s had to be recalled in both the honda and acura line. in the 7th gen civics, the auto tranny kicks and the manual grinds in 2/3 gear.

back on topic, i say get the mazda6. its a nice car to be different in.
Old 02-01-2006
Registered!!

fallout is a jewel in the roughfallout is a jewel in the roughfallout is a jewel in the roughfallout is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by dre2600
Everyone who persists in saying that Mazda is Ford should be banned. You haven't got very many posts, but you should at least research things.
And since when does the number of posts you have has anything to do with your experience with cars???? And i need to be banned for stating my opinion? What world do you live in....
Anywayz my local newpaper did a research about car on the market. Mazda came up as the worse cars with the most number of problems. I'm just going with statistics.
Reconsider to an accord, TSX, or for god's sake, a Camry if you have to.

Last edited by fallout; 02-01-2006 at 10:56 PM.
Old 02-01-2006
Registered!!

steak84ss will become famous soon enoughsteak84ss will become famous soon enough
I've driven both the Mazda6 5-speed 6 cyclinder 5door and just drove the Mazda6 SPEED. Both were very nice rides...HOWEVER....the Speed6 was one of the fastest cars I've driven out of the box. That car was FREAKIN FAST!! 274HP, 280 Torque. That car was mild mannered when she wanted to be and tossed you back in the seat with the slightest touch of the gas. HIGHLY RECOMEND the Speed6. Just depends on what you're looking for in a car.
Old 02-01-2006
Registered!!

Read here for how many problems ppl have with Mazda trannies/engine.
http://bb.carprices.com/Forum25/HTML/000030.html
Old 02-01-2006
Registered!!

Da1lyDr1ver has a spectacular aura aboutDa1lyDr1ver has a spectacular aura about
Well, fallout actually has a friend that had the car so its not like he's pulling **** outta his ***, geeze.
Old 02-01-2006
I spend way too much time on this website

LowSky is an unknown quantity at this point
Read here for how many problems ppl have with Mazda trannies/engine.
http://bb.carprices.com/Forum25/HTML/000030.html

I love people who say they know someone who had a problem or find a website that states that a certain part is bad, because half the people who have had problems caused them themselves and the other half are over the warrenty plan. It is so sad IMO. Unless you know 100 people with the same product and over 20% have the same problem, it shouldn't be an issue.

you got to remember that the first two years are always the worst for car reliability (look on this site to see how many problems people had with 01s and 02s)

i'd say get the mazda6... its a sweet car
Old 02-01-2006
Euro-Spec

tripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nice
Get it. Awesome looking car. If you have the extra cash to toss, get the extended warranty mazda offers, just to be sure.
Old 02-01-2006
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
dude idk. for those who say its not a ford, it is and isn't at the same time. please let me explain
its the same 2.3 block made by ford . BUT its different head, pistons and rods.
same chassis as the focus i believe.
the V6 has the same 3.0 block and again different head, pistons, and rods.
anyway, its the same platform as the fusion, zepher, and milan. or they are the same platform as the 6. anyway, the car is a good car. but it IS linked with ford. if you like it enough, then get it. but go do some research yourself
Old 02-01-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
looks dumb
Old 02-01-2006

Si2NV is just really niceSi2NV is just really niceSi2NV is just really niceSi2NV is just really nice
good car...My dad owned a silver one right when they came out on the market and it was pretty peppy. We ended up selling it because of all the recalls though...I don't see why this should be a problem now seeing as the model has been out for a while.

As for the link given by Fallout, just because 16 people out of a million mazda owners say they had bad experiences doesn't mean that all Mazdas are crap. I know many people on this site that have had problems with their 7thgens (wether it's the tranny, motor, electrical). Instead I would recommend a site like www.edmunds.com
Old 02-01-2006
Registered!!

dre2600 is an unknown quantity at this point
And since when does the number of posts you have has anything to do with your experience with cars???? And i need to be banned for stating my opinion? What world do you live in....
Anywayz my local newpaper did a research about car on the market. Mazda came up as the worse cars with the most number of problems. I'm just going with statistics.
Reconsider to an accord, TSX, or for god's sake, a Camry if you have to.
Can you read anything I said. I insinuated that you didn't know that it had been previously covered ad naseum because you don't have many posts: ie: you haven't -read- the posts dealing with it because you're a new user and you obviously haven't searched for them.

How is that an opinion? How is "Mazda is Ford" an opinion? Thats called a factual statement. What your personal opinion is on whether Mazda=Ford or not does not change the way things are in reality.

Ford has a stake in Mazda, but has no real design influence over it. If you want to say Ford = Mazda, then you could have said (prev anyways, before they sold it) that Subaru = GM.

The choice of car, naturally is the person's choice, but he should be informed of proper facts.

Originally Posted by MajinB
dude idk. for those who say its not a ford, it is and isn't at the same time. please let me explain
its the same 2.3 block made by ford . BUT its different head, pistons and rods.
same chassis as the focus i believe.
the V6 has the same 3.0 block and again different head, pistons, and rods.
anyway, its the same platform as the fusion, zepher, and milan. or they are the same platform as the 6. anyway, the car is a good car. but it IS linked with ford. if you like it enough, then get it. but go do some research yourself
Thats more or less true. But the chasis was originally all Mazda, Ford -will- be using it for their next gen. Focus which will not be in the US for a while. Its a pretty impressive platform, and obviously, decently versatile, and it was designed 100% by Mazda w. minimal interference by Ford.

The 2.3 -block- is Ford, but I have yet to ever heard of a Focus having problems with the actual block itself, everything else may blow, but at least Ford seems to be able to make a large hunk of metal reasonably well..

As for everyone's claimed transmission issues, I can only vouch again for my year in the 3, but the transmission has performed flawlessly.
Old 02-02-2006
Banned

CiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond repute
mazda aint my thing, not at all impressed at their lineup. well speed maybe but more important for me is reliability. if you want something that has "street credibility" get a HONDA or a TOYOTA.
Old 02-02-2006
Registered!!

simplicated1979 will become famous soon enoughsimplicated1979 will become famous soon enough
hmmmmm...the interior is very nice, the exterior is ok. performance is great. Every car has it's share of problems, so I would suggest no matter what u decide to get just make sure and get a good warranty.
Old 02-02-2006
Registered!!

this link that fallout gave had nothing to do with the 6 it all has to do with the 626 and the protege
Old 02-02-2006
Registered!!

for everyone fighting over mazda is a ford go here
http://ford.com
Old 02-02-2006

soonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the rough
I know a few people who have them and have had nothing but great luck with them. You also hear about alot of Honda's and Toyota's out there that have their share of problems, anytime you get that many moving parts it wont be perfect everytime. Everyone will complain about their car on the internet, few people post about how great it is. Go for the Mazda6, its a fun car to drive and I hear nothing but good things about them from the people who actually have one. And Fallout said that his boy had one for 3 years, so if thats the case then he had one of the first models since it began production in 2003. He should know better than to buy a car in the first model year, they always fix the problems on the second year, its that way with ANY new model car.
Old 02-02-2006
Registered!!

mazda is a brand of ford
Old 02-02-2006
Registered!!

i will be modify the car
Old 02-02-2006
EK Hatch

Ser1N is an unknown quantity at this point
^^^^ mazda = part ford Good enuff reason why i wouldnt get one
Old 02-02-2006

soonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the rough
Ford bought Mazda, Ford didnt create Mazda. And actually Mazda has their own research, design, and manufacturing teams(how do you think they got to re-do the Rotary). Remember that the Mazda6 was built by Mazda and Ford took the platform.

Quick Reply: Mazda 6