General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

what kind of paint for interior

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2002
Ben
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ben is an unknown quantity at this point
what kind of paint for interior

ok i know there's a DIY for this so don't bash me right away. but on another link this guy says to go to www.street-beats.com and buy there in-car paint. its like 16 a can. is this stuff special for any reason or just a marked up can of paint. i want to do mine right and i'm scarred of scratches and stuff that will show through to the old color. this stuff says it changes the pigment of the plastic. what kind are you guys using and if you've done your center console does it get beat up or scrathed up alot. i have a 5 yr. old daughter and thats her main traffic area to get to the back so i know even if i tell her not to its gonna get abuse. kids don't listen [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG] any ideas?
Old 02-17-2002
Retired suspension supermod.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
I would say it is the same paint, but I couldn't tell you. I have seen it on streetbeat too. Just make sure to clean off all the armor all before you paint, and clear coat really really really well.
Old 02-17-2002
Ben
Registered!!

Ben is an unknown quantity at this point
what should i use to clean off the armor all?? what else do i need to do to prep them?
Old 02-17-2002
Registered!!

Rebew1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Usually yo can just use rubbing alchohol, but check it on a less noticable area first. I don't believe it melts the plastic. That is all you need to do to prep it. Maybe tape off any thing you don't want to get sprayed. i.e. vents. Any interior dash paint should work. A lot of online stores sell it as well as local auto parts stores. Even check out Summit Racing.