General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

lemon-law or non-Honda?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2005
Nothing works better than a Chris except a Honda.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of light
lemon-law or non-Honda?

I don't know where to put this one so the mods can move it where ever you guys deem it necessary, just send me a note so I can follow up on it. Thanks.

Anyway, here it goes.

I got my car checked for the 90k mile thing. They looked at everything and did an oil change. The car is great now. There were several recommendations. One of the major ones was to check the right front strut next time. It is leaking. My dad already replaced it for $700 a while back. Replacing it costs $476. Should I go aftermarket? Should I ask my dad to help me back it up and I'll cover the difference? Should I ask about the lemon law? I mean, it has been replaced before. I don't know what to do. I just paid $360 for the 90k miles and damn, more issues just pop up. I don't drive aggressively. It isn't squeaking or anything, like the last time that I had it replaced. Do you have any suggestions?

Short: Front strut is leaking. Do I ask about lemon law? Do I go aftermarket? Any help is great.
Old 12-11-2005
Retired suspension supermod.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
You can't go lemon law one strut. Struts are wearable parts and you live in baltimore. I just replaced Abstract's shocks and they were shot to **** from shitty baltimore roads. Get some tokico blues and call it a day.

Last edited by robbclark1; 12-11-2005 at 02:12 PM.
Old 12-11-2005
The Beez Kneez

acidbaby will become famous soon enoughacidbaby will become famous soon enough
aftermarket!!>
Old 12-11-2005
4 cyclinders down, 4 to go.....

acjones21 is an unknown quantity at this point
If you ask Honda about a 90K lemon they will laugh at you.
Old 12-11-2005

CivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of light
ahhh, I guess you guys are right. I mean, I already tried it the "Honda" way. I've got to save up a ton of money to get the new Tokico's then.
Old 12-11-2005
Prince of Persia

Yoshiemaster will become famous soon enough
sure you're not being owned by the guys at the shop?
Old 12-11-2005

I'm pretty sure my car has issues, and has always had issues. My dad's car, the 03, has never had issues except those which were human error.

I also trust the guys that work on my car at the stealership. I don't trust the salesmen that sell them, but I trust the mechanics becuase they've seen more Civic's and know more about them than I do.
Old 12-11-2005
Prince of Persia

Yoshiemaster will become famous soon enough
just wanted to make sure.
Old 12-11-2005
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
100k warranty? if you have it and your car is under 100k then they should have replaced it for free.
Old 12-11-2005

I wish... My dad did it backwards for some reason, he got an extended warranty for the new car, but not the old one because he thought it would have similar issues. The silver car has never had any problems...