General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

New Dodge Challenger!~ Mopar at its finest

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2005
Nothing works better than a Chris except a Honda.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of light
New Dodge Challenger!~ Mopar at its finest

Everyone was a little annoyed by the fact that the Charger was resurected on a four door vehicle like some GM vehicles. People have been hooting and hollering for a 2-door Mopar with a Hemi, not some lame wagon, 4-door, or even SUV! It might come soon.Autoweek's story about the next Challenger! with spy pics

I think they should have made the Magnum/Charger styling more aggressive for a two door instead of just ripping a page straight out from the 70's. Bellbottoms and Afro's here we come again!
Old 11-21-2005

CivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of light

Quick glimpse of the bad boy! I like the paint, but not the fact that it looks exactly like a 30 year old car.
Old 11-21-2005
Superior Evolutionary Element Destined-factor

Xenin is an unknown quantity at this point
bring back the Superbird. its enormous wing would fit right in with todays ricers.
Old 11-21-2005
How many pots have you smoken?
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

manthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of light
that is awesome
Old 11-21-2005
my vtec brings all the girls to the yard

mrDFWmechanic will become famous soon enough
that looks really good 6.1 liter hemi thou thats gonna take a crap load of money to fill up
Old 11-21-2005

I actually think the Superbird will still sell because Nascar is STILL doing well... couple that with the fact that everyone knows big wings are good for cars and that Roadrunner is still recognizeable to many people...
Old 11-21-2005
Registered!!

brent_01civic_e is an unknown quantity at this point
dodge should just quit.
Old 11-21-2005
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Shifty is on a distinguished road
i actually like that one, looks awesome!!!
Old 11-21-2005
Registered!!

BassKadett is a name known to allBassKadett is a name known to allBassKadett is a name known to allBassKadett is a name known to allBassKadett is a name known to allBassKadett is a name known to allBassKadett is a name known to all
now thats how to bring back a legend! I'm a HUGE Mopar fan, but I HATE the new Charger. This looks so badass.
Old 11-21-2005
jdmtytedoridori

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
thats pretty sweet, IMO
Old 11-21-2005
Registered!!

nick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to behold
Mopar did it! they finally did it!!!! an american car that looks like an american car!!!! its not a rip off of some other comapny. wow that thing looks sweet. its the same way the new mustang made me feel. now if chevy would bust out with a real camaro.
Old 11-21-2005
I sure wish my car was newer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
white2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by nick95673
Mopar did it! they finally did it!!!! an american car that looks like an american car!!!! its not a rip off of some other comapny. wow that thing looks sweet. its the same way the new mustang made me feel. now if chevy would bust out with a real camaro.
I totally agree.
Old 11-21-2005
Registered!!

MIVtec is an unknown quantity at this point
I want one, looks like the old Cuda' !!
Old 11-22-2005
Registered!!

BassKadett is a name known to allBassKadett is a name known to allBassKadett is a name known to allBassKadett is a name known to allBassKadett is a name known to allBassKadett is a name known to allBassKadett is a name known to all
^^You mean Challenger right?
Old 11-22-2005
Bobaganoosh!

Pharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by brent_01civic_e
dodge should just quit.
I agree...they're clinging to hopes that people will keep flocking to their unreliable wannabe muscle cars...Just put a Hemi in a damn minivan and be done with it already...they've already got one in just about everything else now.....
Old 11-22-2005
Yes, it's an Acura EL

TeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Pharoh
I agree...they're clinging to hopes that people will keep flocking to their unreliable wannabe muscle cars...Just put a Hemi in a damn minivan and be done with it already...they've already got one in just about everything else now.....
Well they ARE flocking to these cars already, wannabe or not - look how many 300's and Magnums you see on the street, and the Charger is catching up fast as well. I don't think I've gone a day without seeing at least a pair of 300's, and some people in Toronto are starting to mod them too, which looks rather sweet. Myself I have nothing but hate for the SRT4 but the Magnum, Charger, and 300 I'm a huge fan of. A lot of that has to do with my wifey working for Daimler Chrysler, lol. But they're not bad, I've been in the 300 and it feels almost luxurious. My garage will likely soon have a TSX and either a 300 or a Charger....although when I start having kids, I'll have to see if they have a hemi-powered Caravan, lol.
Old 11-22-2005
Words on a User Title

ramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BassKadett
now thats how to bring back a legend! I'm a HUGE Mopar fan, but I HATE the new Charger. This looks so badass.
Damn. You said exactly what I was going to say... you stole my ideas!

Last edited by ramcosca; 11-22-2005 at 09:40 AM.
Old 11-22-2005
Bobaganoosh!

Pharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by TeLLy
Well they ARE flocking to these cars already, wannabe or not - look how many 300's and Magnums you see on the street, and the Charger is catching up fast as well. I don't think I've gone a day without seeing at least a pair of 300's, and some people in Toronto are starting to mod them too, which looks rather sweet. Myself I have nothing but hate for the SRT4 but the Magnum, Charger, and 300 I'm a huge fan of. A lot of that has to do with my wifey working for Daimler Chrysler, lol. But they're not bad, I've been in the 300 and it feels almost luxurious. My garage will likely soon have a TSX and either a 300 or a Charger....although when I start having kids, I'll have to see if they have a hemi-powered Caravan, lol.
wait and see how many of these things wind up traded in on competitors car lots....the initial owner reviews of the Magnum are far from good.

The 300 will be just like the Intrepid or Concorde...Good for a few years and then traded in only to be snapped up by some trailer trash/alcoholic who wants to pretend they have money.

To me the key to a great car is style, efficiency and longevity....Chrysler might have a few ups on style and power...but efficiency and longevity are not words in their collective vocabulary.
Old 11-22-2005
Crayons taste like purple...

shroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to behold
this 'new' challenger is being built on what platform, the viper or the stratus/intrepid...
Old 11-22-2005
The Wierdest and Funniest Mofo 7th Gen Has Ever Seen As Voted

_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of
Yeah a 2001 Chrysler concord LXI fully equipped whixh sold for about 30 000 canadian can be had for 10 000 bucks in 2005
thats a 20 000 dollar loss in 4 years..

t 60 000 km's Dodges are to be traded in....
Old 11-22-2005
THE LONE STAR STATE

texascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by nick95673
I second that one too! I didn't live in the muscle car era but I wish I did just for that tho. And I would like to see it come back with that kind of design from the 60's / 70's with the 2000 era. And I always wanted to be in the design business of doing cars, always has been a dream. That is why I went in to drafting and design school.

But I will stick with my Honda because of the quality.
Old 11-22-2005
Words on a User Title

ramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Shroomster
this 'new' challenger is being built on what platform, the viper or the stratus/intrepid...
Did you even read the article???

Originally Posted by Bob Gritzinger, AutoWeek correspondist
Built on a shortened Chrysler 300/Dodge Charger chassis (116-inch wheelbase vs. 120 inches)
Old 11-22-2005
Registered!!

RangerMan is a jewel in the roughRangerMan is a jewel in the roughRangerMan is a jewel in the rough
Reminds me of the game Interstate 76...
Old 11-22-2005
Crayons taste like purple...

shroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by ramcosca
Did you even read the article???

It's obvious that I did not good sir!
Old 11-22-2005
Registered!!

swifty2k is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow, what a nice car....Id have that in my driveway right now if it was out!
Old 11-22-2005
small cities make me poop my pants

Draven2 is a jewel in the roughDraven2 is a jewel in the roughDraven2 is a jewel in the rough
Soooo Sexy...
Old 11-22-2005
aki
Registered!!

aki is an unknown quantity at this point
It's distinctly american, and brings back what was good about american design...

But it's waaay too retro. The headlights, fenders, everything... if you told it was a lost concept car from the 1980s I wouldn't doubt it.
Old 11-22-2005
Registered!!

Kyle23 should not be trustedKyle23 should not be trusted
pistol grip shift..... sweet
Old 11-22-2005
Registered!!

PennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nice
Looks alright but i think it looks just alittle too much like it's caught in the past Hemi
Old 11-22-2005
YUL
Registered!!

YUL has a spectacular aura aboutYUL has a spectacular aura about
Expect sales to plummet when gas prices go over $3/gal

Quick Reply: New Dodge Challenger!~ Mopar at its finest