General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

so i saw this cool car on the road the other day... (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2005
I spent 1425 points to do this.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SOHC is an unknown quantity at this point
so i saw this cool car on the road the other day... (pics)

i had no idea what it was- looked like an older car- 80s ish. it said "conquest" on the back. it looked almost ferrari like..

went online, did some searching..

i was shocked to find that it was an american car- chrysler makes it. the chrsyler conquest. then i found that its also known as a mitsubishi starion. some kid at school told me the dodge daytona is the same too. hmmph

whatever it is, i want one. 4 cyl turbo rwd almost 200hp i think. anyone know anything about these cars?

Last edited by SOHC; 11-16-2005 at 12:22 AM.
Old 11-15-2005
The Woman Who Gave Birth to Rabbits. As seen on TV by QBoi.

Kadenx is a jewel in the roughKadenx is a jewel in the roughKadenx is a jewel in the rough
When I lived out in phoenix, my buddies dad had a modded conquest.....that thing was sickly fast!
Old 11-15-2005

ncirom2003 will become famous soon enough
my friend has one, a dodge datona shelby, yes thats right a carrol shelby daytona. its a turbo 2.2l and my friend has it all done up running 20psi on it.

very nice cars actually but ferrari looking......i donno about that.
Old 11-15-2005
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light
I thought that was one of the MGA/Mitsubishi built models, Could be wrong though.
Old 11-15-2005
2001 Rallye Red EX

digitaldemigod is a glorious beacon of lightdigitaldemigod is a glorious beacon of lightdigitaldemigod is a glorious beacon of lightdigitaldemigod is a glorious beacon of lightdigitaldemigod is a glorious beacon of lightdigitaldemigod is a glorious beacon of light
That does look a lot like a daytona.

I had a 1988 Dodge Daytona Pacific fully loaded. That thing rocked... except it ALWAYS broke down. It was a great looking car though. I'm still in love with the body and styling of that car. It looked so mean with the Pirelli HPs I had on it.
Old 11-15-2005
Nothing works better than a Chris except a Honda.

CivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of light
I immediately thought Dodge Daytona. There is a funny story behind the Mitsubishi Starion name. Some say since it was supposed to compete with the Mustang, it too was supposed to have a horse sounding name. During the time, there were cars like Lancer (not available here) and Colt which both had something to do with horses. However, during the translation, becuase the Japanese don't have an "L" what was supposed to be "Stallion" became "Starion". It is just a story though.

Anyway, those cars were great. predecessors to the famous Eclipse and all the brothers.

I would like one... if I found one that wasn't beat on.
Old 11-15-2005
Registered!!

civicowners is an unknown quantity at this point
the back of the car looks like old toyota
Old 11-15-2005
2001 Rallye Red EX

digitaldemigod is a glorious beacon of lightdigitaldemigod is a glorious beacon of lightdigitaldemigod is a glorious beacon of lightdigitaldemigod is a glorious beacon of lightdigitaldemigod is a glorious beacon of lightdigitaldemigod is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by CivicsRdBest
I immediately thought Dodge Daytona. There is a funny story behind the Mitsubishi Starion name. Some say since it was supposed to compete with the Mustang, it too was supposed to have a horse sounding name. During the time, there were cars like Lancer (not available here) and Colt which both had something to do with horses. However, during the translation, becuase the Japanese don't have an "L" what was supposed to be "Stallion" became "Starion". It is just a story though.

Anyway, those cars were great. predecessors to the famous Eclipse and all the brothers.

I would like one... if I found one that wasn't beat on.
LOL That's funny

Yep I can see that happening. Reminds me of I think it was revenge of the nerds where the japanes nerd says "robster craw?" and the other guy's like "what the f**K is robster craw?"

The back end looks like the Chrysler Laser or 86 and older Daytona and the front end looks like the 87 and up daytona.
Old 11-15-2005
Registered!!

stepchild is an unknown quantity at this point
That was my dream car growing up.There is one around where I live and I've noticed a front mount intercooler.The car sounds awesome.
Old 11-15-2005
7thGen's Loudest Civic...4,000 watts and climbing...

usafcushman is on a distinguished road
that dude's gonna find this site and get a restraining order against you... pics in his driveway, pics at the supermarket... stalker...
Old 11-15-2005

Originally Posted by usafcushman
that dude's gonna find this site and get a restraining order against you... pics in his driveway, pics at the supermarket... stalker...
different plate numbers i think, he probably google image searched it.
Old 11-15-2005
7thGen's Loudest Civic...4,000 watts and climbing...

usafcushman is on a distinguished road
same plate numbers, Texas "Y07-KVZ"

different exhaust tip between the pics, though...
Old 11-15-2005

good call, i thought i read diff. on the first one.
ok, now theres diff fart pipes. so unless he followed this guy over a few days he mustve searched online.
Old 11-15-2005
Touch it... He won't bite, He'll just come at you pretty quick.

Blahman240 is on a distinguished road
It is not the same as the dodge daytona...
Old 11-15-2005
I hope I offend you... Get mad

Slow Gold will become famous soon enoughSlow Gold will become famous soon enough
my best friend has one its a conquest tsi a spinnoff of the starion its turbo and pulls pretty hard out of the box but they all have tranny issues
Old 11-15-2005

Slow Gold will become famous soon enoughSlow Gold will become famous soon enough
chrysler made them
Old 11-15-2005

Originally Posted by Blahman240
It is not the same as the dodge daytona...
care to elaborate on your opinion or is everyone suppose to just go "wow he said so"

Old 11-16-2005
Words on a User Title

ramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ncirom2003
very nice cars actually but ferrari looking......i donno about that.
It's more Porsche looking to me, man...
Old 11-16-2005
I spent 1425 points to do this.

SOHC is an unknown quantity at this point
ur right- it does look like a porsche.. but- u know that old red ferrari on magnum pi?? this looks like it! i guess its mostly cuz of the wheels that i think so. yeah the datona doesnt look nearly as good...

it just doesnt have the edge to it- i love the fender flares on the conquest. headlights look dumb on the daytona too.

ps- yes those conquest pics are from some random site
Old 11-16-2005

why Shelby ever put his name on the side of some daytona's is beyond me
Old 11-16-2005
Words on a User Title

ramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Slow Gold
why Shelby ever put his name on the side of some daytona's is beyond me
Exactly...
Shelby practically lives for Ford...
Old 11-16-2005

poor guy should be locked in a garage with an NSX for a month
Old 11-16-2005
Words on a User Title

Originally Posted by Slow Gold
poor guy should be locked in a garage with an NSX for a month
Naw, man...
He'd die after two days of exposure to import beauty
Old 11-16-2005

lmao true
Old 11-16-2005
Registered!!

pinoyjdmr is an unknown quantity at this point
holly s@#T my dad had that car and it was black jus like that but it had some flakes and the doors were shaved and it had a single turbo with out the inter cooler and a bigger carborator and that to tell you that thing is fast if you open it up on the freeway try ask hit to race one day and see if you can catch up with him......
Old 11-16-2005
"mmmBAHHHH" - vtec y0

mugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond repute
nice cars with the potential to be fast....ill tell you what blew me away....turbo dodge shadows.....BABAM!
Old 11-16-2005
xam
snooty patooty partier

xam has a spectacular aura aboutxam has a spectacular aura aboutxam has a spectacular aura about
are all of u serious....welcome to 1986. god even i remember these when i was hella young. goodluck finding one thats in perfect condition. i almost had one but the seller didnt reply. yeah anyways, u guys must be hlla young bloods.
Old 11-16-2005
skate or die

Tragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to all
The pics of the black car in the market is near my area.
The market is on braker and N lamar. Does this guy live in North Austin? The car looks familiar..
Old 11-16-2005
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all
ah yes....the mitsu starion/conquest......i loved that car when i was coming up....bout the only car i wanted....next to an eg hatch that is (which i am still looking for a nice CLEAN one)
Old 11-16-2005
Formerly 2blu

Nick will become famous soon enoughNick will become famous soon enough
I love the way the starion/conquest look. but i wont own a car that's the same age as me.

Quick Reply: so i saw this cool car on the road the other day... (pics)