General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

WTF? is it just me...

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ricerocket is an unknown quantity at this point
WTF? is it just me...

WTF? is it just me or a lot more ppl these days are "hookin" up there cars...everyone has a loud @ss exhaust in the new york area. wuts the point makin a lot of noise doesn't mean u go fast. i usually drive my 2k1 civic mon-fri (my daily driver) these "ricers" always pump there gas next to me at a light ...why? on the weekends when i drive my eclipse and some ricer tries to taunts me i'll just smoke them....in reverse... why do ppl think that loaud exhaust = fast car? i am very happy with my 2k1 civic but i won't throw on a exhuast and go taunting other ppl to race with me on the streets. i mean an exhaust won't add much hp's to a N/A car
without any forced induced modifications i dun care what u do to a N/A car its not gonna add more than 15hps max...thats all i can say.... [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]

Old 02-01-2002
Registered!!

bambuski is an unknown quantity at this point
I think it has alot to do with "The Fast and The Furious". Actually, i think it has everyting to do with it. I have a friend that works at a local performance shop and sense that movie came out in June there sales have more than tripled.
Old 02-01-2002
Registered!!

QCKSILVR is an unknown quantity at this point
Ricerocket--I'm a cop in Nassau County and see tons of people with what cops around here call "cherrybomb exhausts." It doesn't really bother me at all, I could care less about what what people do to their cars, so I never write tickets for mods or anything...but I see what you mean about how it can get annoying..they are very, very loud.
Old 02-01-2002
Registered!!

Matrix is an unknown quantity at this point
I agree I see more people these days souping up cars the right way. Which is cool, don't see alot of ricers around here and when you do there cruisin, not trying to start a race.
Old 02-01-2002
Registered!!

ricerocket is an unknown quantity at this point
QCKSILVR
i know what you mean but if u get an exhaust might as well get one that sounds good...its those damn ppl with universal mufflers on there geo metro's [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-01-2002
Registered!!

QCKSILVR is an unknown quantity at this point
Exactly...if I think someones mod(s) on their car is interfering with traffic or the usage of the roadway, I'll speak to that driver, but other than the noise and it being really nasty, I couldn't be bothered with it.
Old 02-01-2002
Mex
Registered!!

Mex is a jewel in the roughMex is a jewel in the roughMex is a jewel in the rough
there are times I'm driving home frm work late and I see a group of like 5 or 6 modded cars travelling together. Probably going to the Metro or something
Old 02-01-2002
Registered!!

NeoMagus is an unknown quantity at this point
yup...where we hang out in this strip mall EVERYONE has an exhaust...if its in the parking lot its got a loud @ss can on it
Old 02-01-2002
AJ
Registered!!

AJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah I hate it when people do that I get pissed off
Old 02-01-2002
Registered!!

NBlarson is an unknown quantity at this point
Performance cat-back I can understand, bolt on "performance mufflers" are a different story. If you buy some giant coffee can off ebay so you can sound cool, definitely a step in the wrong direction. Some exhausts are louder cuz of larger piping and less restrictive design for better flow, often seen in turbo setups, but u definitely get the rice tag for welding on a sewer pipe section to your car.
Old 02-01-2002
Registered!!

dablueXcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
ever seen that f&f movie come out, every night after work, i see people with accord, old *** civic try to race me at the red light. it really pisses me off!(yes i ingore them, my friends were killed cuz they were racing each other straight way at a stop light, very sad). all those ricers have the identical rice mufflers, stickers and altezza tail lights they really think they are pro racers or something with those craps on their cars
Old 02-01-2002
Registered!!

pounds is an unknown quantity at this point
if people think they are fast then just prove em wrong.....i just hate these people who come up to a light and i guess have the intention of racing but dont rev to let you know....insted they just take off...what bitches....just gotta take off and whip their @ss!!
Old 02-02-2002
Registered!!

ecliptiCz is an unknown quantity at this point
Lot more peeps interested in cars than a while back. Tough to make yourself unique now.
Old 02-02-2002
Registered!!

GTekCiViC is an unknown quantity at this point
I hate beat up cars that aren't fast and have super loud exhaust........

They make sleepers look bad [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-02-2002
All Show No Go Sedan

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Aznnp77 will become famous soon enoughAznnp77 will become famous soon enough
It annoys me like hell that all my friends enjoy the rice boy style more than anything. They think anything that is indiglo is soo coool. I have a couple of indiglo things, like guages and 2 lighting tubes, but I don't make everything gow . But what do they enjoy the most? The loud exhaust. The larger the tip the better, the louder the better. "You can fit 2 whole hands in his exhaust!" "It's soooo loud!" Ummm I personally don't want to get a ticket, so that's ok to me. What is with people and tip size?
Old 02-02-2002
Registered!!

robrja24 is an unknown quantity at this point
That's one of my pet peeves, I'd rather mod my car faster then louder. Silent but deadly. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-04-2002
Registered!!

speed werx is an unknown quantity at this point
as far as sound goes, harleys and crotch rockets make our tuned civic s sound like a fart in the wind....... but people do get crazy with the race thing. gotta know when the right time is
Old 02-04-2002
Registered!!

SoNiCcIvIc is an unknown quantity at this point
Forget the exhaust... I mean, it looks good sometimes and it can surely heat up your hands quick in the color mornings instead of having to wait for the air to get warm in the car... :: grins :: Anyways, it's a funny yet pitiful pop culture. I go to a college around Chinatown and there ARE nice cars there... and then, there are some that just have an exhaust. It doesn't make a bad first mod for the engine if you plan on really soupin' it up but it's like... why just that? If you want the car to be noticable, at least make it LOOK noticable instead of just sounding that way.