General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Need Excuses??

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2002
Extreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ZSKCivic01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Need Excuses??

Hey everyone. I didn't buy my whole civic, just part of it, and my father bought most of the rest. Well, I have been trying to get him into letting me do some mods to it, but he won't budge. I would really like to put in a SRI, but he thinks that I don't need it. I tell him that it give my car more horsepower, makes it sound better, and increases gas milage. He thinks that I am going to be racing or something, but I won't, or atleast I wouldn't tell him. So anyway, how can I convice him to let me get the SRI? I could probably just buy it secretly and not tell him, because he doesn't look under the hood of my car, but either way, I can't take that risk. Thanks!
Old 01-30-2002
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mohawkboom is an unknown quantity at this point
Ha Ha.. he's like my dad too.. but I bought my car on my own.. Basically you're only option is to do the mod and not tell him [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]....As a valid excuse try telling him that installing it could be a good experiance for you in auto mechanics.. ..

Good Luck to you.

Cheers
Mohawk
Old 01-30-2002
Registered!!

Jandree22 is an unknown quantity at this point
i know this isnt what you wanna hear, but I'd say save ur effort and give up... First of all, there's not a chance that a SRI would increase your gas mileage. The way they function is by allowing more air to flow into your engine... Your ECU will sence more air and pump in more gas to compensate... Even though that will hardly lower your gas mileage, you probably will because of it, simply by reving up all the time to hear it and try that sucker out... In addition, your Civic won't be any ferarri after you bolt it on, with a CAI, dyno results show that only 4.8 hp is gained All in all, if you still wanna go for it, best wishes and def go for it if you can... otherwise, dont stress over it... g'luck buddy
Old 01-30-2002
DIY King

Grey has a spectacular aura aboutGrey has a spectacular aura about
My father is the exact same way, but I payed half for the car and he paid the other half, so he was reluctant at first, but as soon as I started doing mods, he just gave up. He still tries to convince me that they're pointless, but he doesn't tell me not to do any.
Old 01-30-2002
Registered!!

nbpEMCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah my parents dont like all of my mod's...but after the 1st one they were like...well u pay for the car and all so yeah its cool
Old 01-30-2002
Registered!!

NBlarson is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah, parents suck...i've done all my mods behind my dad's back, he doesn't understand at all. All I keep hearing is "It's a brand new car, it doesn't need any work done to it." Yeah, he's just brimming with comprehension of my hobby. If you're driving the car, do whatever you want to it and let him find out later, if you're lucky enough he won't know how to reverse it and its just gonna be "stuck" that way [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]. Good luck man, stealth is key.
Old 01-30-2002
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mohawkboom is an unknown quantity at this point
Listen to the words of greek goddess of Excellence

Nike

Just Do It!!!!

even though yer dad will look at you like this later

When he does.. just asnwer him with a

TO which he'll [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG]

To which you say.. dad can I get you a [IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG]

Then he'll beat you silly..

You will then

But then hey look you'll have an SRI under the hood and you'll be very

See it'll all work out
Old 01-30-2002
Registered!!

Ramen is an unknown quantity at this point
My parents dont care what mod i do to my car, as long as i pay them with my own money. When I first installed the aluminum wing, my mom was like..wtf is this? looks like an airplane wing or something..LOL
Old 01-30-2002
Registered!!

mykel115 is an unknown quantity at this point
Its a good thing that I bought my own car from my own money and no dad to worry about. But 5 years ago my dad gave me a brand new car and he also doesn't want me to Mod it. Well I just waited for a year before I do mod on my car without his knowledge, at the time he discover it, he can't do anything cuz its already install. Anyway I gave that car to my younger Brother and bought my own car.

The Lesson of these story Boys and Girls. If you want your parent to leave you alone buy your own car
Old 01-31-2002
Registered!!

Diznavis is an unknown quantity at this point

<< When I first installed the aluminum wing, my mom was like..wtf is this? looks like an airplane wing or something..LOL >>

if i see your car im gonna say the same thing
Old 01-31-2002
Registered!!

UncleB is an unknown quantity at this point
I bought my car myself so I can do whatever the heck I want to it, whenever I want. I know my mom will probably say something, but I am almost 20 years old and I can make my own decisions now. Can't wait to get some nice wheels and lower her. that will be a good day.
Old 01-31-2002
Registered!!

oblivious9 is an unknown quantity at this point
I think that their main concern is that you won't be able to afford it (if you're paying for it), and/or that it will decrease the resale value.
Old 01-31-2002
Retired - SoCal FI Mod

iamboo is on a distinguished road
just do it... he'll understand later....as long as you don't get caught doing something stoopid....
Old 01-31-2002
Registered!!

ecliptiCz is an unknown quantity at this point
LMAO Mohawkboom, that was great. [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

Oh, ZSKCivic01. Just do it. Is he going to look under the hood? No. If you keep pushing him, he'll start to focus on the car, and once he does that, he'll notice the different sounds if you install it behind his back. I think you should let this topic die for a little, so he'll forget all about it. Then do it.
Old 01-31-2002
Registered!!

avenger is an unknown quantity at this point
i use my dads garage and he says "okay you're gonna buy an intake, lets put it on asap!"

he has a sweet 3.2tl and he needs something else to focus on