I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

SHAVED DOOR HANDLE

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kemumaki is an unknown quantity at this point
SHAVED DOOR HANDLE

excuse me for being a newb on this...what's shaved door handle? I've seen pics of cars without the door handle...maybe that's call shaved ....but how do you open the door then? My car was broken into last night....last my amp and sub. It looked like he used just a screw driver...broke my door lock..my trunk lock..my trunk release lock.....so if I shave them...will I be protected?
Old 12-31-2002
Registered!!

Cyko is an unknown quantity at this point
Shaving is removing the door handles, yes.
You open the door with a remote control popper.
No you will not be protected; it is very easy to break
a window open. It's just to make the car look better.
Old 12-31-2002
ThE CoRRupToR

dru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nice
Your car is never safe. Anyone could steal any car if they really want it no matter what alarm you got.
Old 01-01-2003
Registered!!

Cyko is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah very true
Old 01-02-2003
Registered!!

HShadow is an unknown quantity at this point
I think it may be in your best interest to invest in a good alarm and add extras to it. I have the viper 550 alarm and installed motion sensor, backup siren, and tilt switch. You can do more to protect your car but honestly like Dru said, If they want the car, they will take it. I believe though, If they are going to take my car, they better have a tow truck to take it. No thief in their right mind will sit in a car trying to figure out how they are going to stop the alarm from going off. If my car is ever stolen, they worked for it.
Old 01-02-2003
www.ImportFactor.Com

WhosYoDadday85 should not be trustedWhosYoDadday85 should not be trusted
In the worst case, if your car is stolen you want to know WHERE IT IS. Look into vehicle tracking systems and such...

Also if the area that a live in is kinda shady, you might want to look into kill switches and stuff...

Bottom line like its been stated here, if someone really wants somethign they'll get it.....doesnt matter waht kind of alarm you have... so the next reasonable thing to do if your car is ever stolen and taken somewhere is to find out where they took it to, and then let the cops handle it :]
Old 01-02-2003
Registered!!

HShadow is an unknown quantity at this point
Only problem is tracking systems (Lo Jack) as an example, do not work in certin places. I know they have problems here in my city with that system. My father has Lo Jack on his S-10. When it got stolen we reported it and the police dept told us the city, because of its location, does not respond well to the system. Most alarm systems now in days do come equiped with kill switch though.
Old 01-03-2003
Registered!!

WhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of light
im really sorry to say this, but im not mecp certified, ive only worked on a couple dozen cars, ive blown countless (i mean countless) fuses, a couple circuit breakers, even the 80 amp alternator fuse in my own 2001 civic. but in our cars, give me a pair of pliers or a knife, and i can have the thing hotwired in 2 minutes with or without a kill switch. thats with no real experience only a knowledge of where teh ignition wire is and how to get at it.

so if a pro wanted yoru car, im sorry to say, its his no matter what. no matter what. the car alarm is to deter punks. how often does a pro steal a civic? [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-10-2003
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all
two words:

flame throwers...