General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Trouble with 20's on vic

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
White05EXSE is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by kronickz
wow geez... i didn't know so many people were going to post bad comments about 20's on a civic. Sorry if i affended the 7thgencivic community. i won't post here anymore. sorry for wasting your time. and thank you hustlelikemofo for some of the help.
it really doesn't matter what you say, people are gonna hate on you here.
Old 07-20-2005
I spent 1425 points to do this.

SOHC is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah the civic community here has a strong perception about what a "good looking" civic should be. typically it must be "clean," lowered, and generally- rather plain. i share this opinion, but am open to other tastes as well.

many people on this site dont want to be lumped into the "ricer" label that seems to follow them. but its unavoidable, the general public doesnt know enough (usually dont care to know enough) about import car tuning to be able to distinguish between rice and non-rice. so you see, this is why everyone is so quick to flame what they consider "ricey"; their image is at stake. its not easy to modify your honda civic and not be thought of as a ricer. our reputation is shot. damn apc
Old 07-20-2005
The Legend

blackbullet will become famous soon enoughblackbullet will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Mustang5.0HO
20"s dont belong a civic...doesnt matter what the civic looks like or is used for...

They're on mine and I could care less what anyone else says. I'm done.
Old 07-20-2005
My rectum hurts........

Mustang5.0HO is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by blackbullet
They're on mine and I could care less what anyone else says. I'm done.
this is the guy people blame when their called a ricer.......
Old 07-20-2005
Registered!!

JesPu4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Well then ponyrider.......you are the guy that people should blame when their called a f&g
Old 07-20-2005
Registered!!

Valdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to all
20's are a waste of money unless you have a truck or an SUV. But if it rides nice more power to you.
Old 07-20-2005
Registered!!

Robb989 is an unknown quantity at this point
HAHAHA Pony Riders suck
Old 07-20-2005
Registered!!

dvsdara is an unknown quantity at this point
WTF...look at all these people posting and hating on this guy...you're all noobs too. don't just come onto a forum and just jump on the bandwagon. let the kid do watever the fVck he wants to do with his vic. if you guys don't have anything helpful to say then just don't say anything at all.
Old 07-20-2005
omgwtfbbq mod.

spoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to all
I personally think 20's are useless on a civic......HOWEVER, if they want to spend their money on it, who gives of ****. Alot of times, people buy some dumb clear tails or alot of other useless **** that doesnt even look cool. As far as Blackbullet's car goes, you cant mention his name and rice in the same sentence. He pulled off the impossible, he is the only civic that I have seen that managed to throw on some 20s and make it still look good. NOt only that, but hes tucking em. props for that. Its not exactly my style, but i think it looks siiiiick. When he was rocking the 19s from his sig, it was prolly one of my favorite cars on here. Just goes to show you can rock big wheels and still look clean. Sure, 20s on a civic are useless but alot of times its just for show. I think we should all be giving him props for being different. If you dont like it, then just move on to the next thread. Its pointless hating on people who want to rock 20s. Its not like they arent going to do it just because some internet forum says they shouldnt.
Old 07-20-2005
omgwtfbbq mod.

spoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to all
besides, who comes on here with a mustang name and sig? THATS lame. You have no room to hate when you should be on some mustang site anyways.....go waste youre time bitching to them.
Old 07-20-2005
Ultimate Member

Cjddrum1 has a spectacular aura aboutCjddrum1 has a spectacular aura aboutCjddrum1 has a spectacular aura about
this is the guy people blame when their called a ricer.......
And youre the guy people blame when their called hicks
Old 07-20-2005
Vic On Dubs

midvis is an unknown quantity at this point
Dude who the **** cares what other people think. I just got my 20's on my vic and all the people around here love it. Im running with a goldline drop. Had to roll the fenders in the rear for them to fit and forget putting the camber kit on them. I suggest do like I did and get another set of wheels for daily driving and put the 20's on for special occasions ie: Car shows, trips to the beach, etc.

PM if you want to seriously talk about installing them without bags like blackbullet has. Also what kind did you get? My one any only question to you is do you hookup your car for everyone else or do you do it because you enjoy it? If its because you enjoy it them who cares what the people on here think. Trust me you WILL BE TURNING HEADS EVERYWHERE..... Plenty of people will like them..
Old 07-20-2005
Vic On Dubs

midvis is an unknown quantity at this point
1 Question...

What gets your attention more and causes you to say daaaamn thats nice?

A) Every 5.0 Mustang that passes by

B) a nicly hooked up civic with big wheels
Old 07-20-2005
omgwtfbbq mod.

Originally Posted by midvis
1 Question...

neither......a hot chick with big tatas. lol

...or a skyline or silvia.
Old 07-20-2005
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
1 Question...

neither. the all-stock-minus-wheels 2nd gen eclipse turbo does as it blows by.
or the RX8, or 350Z, or G35, or Evo, or STi, or the S2000, etc.

there are alot of nice cars out there. but a civic with 20s is kinda pointless. just not my thing thats for sure!
Old 07-21-2005
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
noob starting crap. doubt has money for 20's. if the rims and tires cost more than your ride then your a damn ricer. if you hate then hate. if you are dumb enough to ask a whole community of civic owners who hate ricers about 20's then you should expect to get a little flack. noob. go get a caddy and put 20s on it not a damn civic. i wish to see pics of these 20's. when i do i will apologize for doubting it. till then i call and that
Old 07-21-2005
Registered!!

JesPu4 is an unknown quantity at this point
1 Question...

I would choose B especially if it had some big wheels like 20s. Its always a plus if the driver is hot too. Then I say daaaamn! I think the bigger the better on wheels. Forget a Mustang anyways I would just make them look bad with my bug and 350Z roadster.
Old 07-21-2005
Registered!!

CLOVERVICRACER is an unknown quantity at this point
my friend just put dub's on his 2002 civic, and its tight......and its with the stock height..... oh yeah........."white castle".....vette's are stocked with 18's in the front...19's in the rear.....dumb-***
Old 07-21-2005
My rectum hurts........

Originally Posted by Cjddrum1
And youre the guy people blame when their called hicks
Naa I like my Esacaldes on 24's...I dont know a hick that has one of those.... and like I said.. 20"s on Civics... the rims are gonna look way better than the car itself...lol. I live in Long Beach so I get to see every car imaginable... and seying a Civic on 20"s would probably make everyone and their moma cry...lol. There would be a Lincoln on 20"s then a Jaguar on 20"s and then a Civic right behind them on 20"s..? lol gimme a break. and your gonna finish the whole 20"s look on the Civic with a leather interior and a wood steering wheel?? cuz anything with 20"s or higher has to be on a luxury or a car thats worth having bling on em...cuz last time I checked the interior of the civic isnt very attractive

Last edited by Mustang5.0HO; 07-21-2005 at 04:35 PM.
Old 07-21-2005
omgwtfbbq mod.

and i 5.0 mustang is?! Last time i checked, those cars were just plain ugly...inside and out. I know, i know, "at least its faster" right? Who cares. Youre car is still ugly.
Old 07-21-2005
My rectum hurts........

Originally Posted by spoonEM
and i 5.0 mustang is?! Last time i checked, those cars were just plain ugly...inside and out. I know, i know, "at least its faster" right? Who cares. Youre car is still ugly.
Ugly?? lol. It has white leather interior all around, chrome rims white top and when I put that top down OHH MY GOD...lol Fox Convertibles are so damn sexy... White leather seats+Fast+Loud+Looks good+Rim with 3inch lip on em(Boyd Coddingtons)= MY CAR Fox are so damn good looking cars...all you do is lower them and put rims on them and those cars are so smooth looking...I got the convertible Fox so it looks freaking sweet...specially in the summer with the top down and the chrome spinnin
Old 07-21-2005
My rectum hurts........

18"s still look good on a car
Old 07-21-2005
Me fail English? That's unpossible.

littlePman will become famous soon enoughlittlePman will become famous soon enough
^^that car sucks.

I'm not a big fan of 20's on a Vic, but it can be done, but I wouldn't advise it for everyday driving. Whatever floats your boat though.
Old 07-21-2005
omgwtfbbq mod.

lol, you can justify it all you want.....fox bodys are by far the ugliest mustangs ever made, besides the ugly years in the 70s, but theyre close. ...and its a convertible?! even uglier! I want to throw up everytime i see one. It cracks me up how youre making fun of this guy by saying "and your gonna finish the whole 20"s look on the Civic with a leather interior..." yet you have a white leather interior? Isnt that an oxymoron? Someone making fun of someone for having/wanting a leather interior when they themselves have it. Thats good stuff.
Old 07-21-2005
Registered!!

civic2nr819 is an unknown quantity at this point
I am pretty sure a set of decent 20s are more than the book value on a fox 5 liter.
Old 07-21-2005
ALGARETE

PICHY is a glorious beacon of lightPICHY is a glorious beacon of lightPICHY is a glorious beacon of lightPICHY is a glorious beacon of lightPICHY is a glorious beacon of lightPICHY is a glorious beacon of light
22s on the magnum...oooooooooofffffffffff!
sorry to take it off topic for a sec... i took these pics five mins ago
we going to the FMF carshow next week

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	oscar2.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	57314   Click image for larger version

Name:	oscar.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	57315  
Old 07-21-2005
ALGARETE

PICHY is a glorious beacon of lightPICHY is a glorious beacon of lightPICHY is a glorious beacon of lightPICHY is a glorious beacon of lightPICHY is a glorious beacon of lightPICHY is a glorious beacon of light
18"s still look good on a car

i dont like the "LOOK" of that generation.. but all i know that its fast...
but that one looks like its in good shape compared to the ones ive seen around....
Old 07-21-2005
My rectum hurts........

Originally Posted by spoonEM
lol, you can justify it all you want.....fox bodys are by far the ugliest mustangs ever made, besides the ugly years in the 70s, but theyre close. ...and its a convertible?! even uglier! I want to throw up everytime i see one. It cracks me up how youre making fun of this guy by saying "and your gonna finish the whole 20"s look on the Civic with a leather interior..." yet you have a white leather interior? Isnt that an oxymoron? Someone making fun of someone for having/wanting a leather interior when they themselves have it. Thats good stuff.
What I said is if you have 20"s you HAVE TO HAVE leather interior...Its HAVE TO!!!!.. thats all im saying and Fox Mustangs are freakin hot!!! and my Boyd Coddington's cost me 1,700 dollars and my car was 3,500 so that might be true about 20"s costing more than a 5.0 stang....thus the reason big rims = LUXURY CARS....
White leather seats+Fast+Loud+Looks good+Rim with 3inch lip on em(Boyd Coddingtons)= MY CAR ohh and that red 5.0 sold for 17,000 dollars....cheap huh

Last edited by Mustang5.0HO; 07-21-2005 at 07:31 PM.
Old 07-21-2005
I log in from time to time
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
What I said is if you have 20"s you HAVE TO HAVE leather interior...Its HAVE TO!!!!.. thats all im saying and Fox Mustangs are freakin hot!!! and my Boyd Coddington's cost me 1,700 dollars and my car was 3,500 so that might be true about 20"s costing more than a 5.0 stang....thus the reason big rims = LUXURY CARS....
White leather seats+Fast+Loud+Looks good+Rim with 3inch lip on em(Boyd Coddingtons)= MY CAR ohh and that red 5.0 sold for 17,000 dollars....cheap huh
i hate you.

this thread has gone to ****.

people are arguing over opinions. this thread is OVER.