General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

anyone with a 2002 civic have rattles?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Diznavis is an unknown quantity at this point
anyone with a 2002 civic have rattles?

a lot of people with 2001 civics are complaining about rattles everywhere, and i havent heard a single rattle in my 2002. did honda fix all the rattles for 2002 or am i just lucky?
Old 01-28-2002
Registered!!

BiGDoG is on a distinguished road
I have a 2002 and i hear no rattles either *knocks on wood*, guess im lucky too
Old 01-28-2002
Registered!!

NeoMagus is an unknown quantity at this point
mostly all of the 7th gens rattle.

TURN THE MUSIC UP!! [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-28-2002
Giggity Giggity

Dakker is an unknown quantity at this point
not really, sometimes i do when my facto speakers are on the verge of blowing, but other than that no.
Old 01-28-2002
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

bluelight is an unknown quantity at this point
i have a 2k2 civic, i haven't heard anything rattle in my car
but like the other person said..."knock on wood"
Old 01-28-2002
Registered!!

LexBoy is an unknown quantity at this point
well obviously any car that has 2 12's subwoofer would rattle but the best thing is dynamat that will dampen the rattling of the music and of
the car
Old 01-28-2002
Registered!!

2k2civic should not be trusted2k2civic should not be trusted
Well then you guys must either have no subs or weak *** subs. Everything in my car rattles. There is a metallic kinda rattle from the rear seat and the pillars, glovebox, and rear deck all rattle.
Old 01-28-2002
Life Begins > 6800rpms

blouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to behold
one of the things the 2k2 got was adjustable intermitant wipers, cup holder covers, and better interior sound proofing. i have a 2k1; you guys with the 2k2's, count your blessings[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-28-2002
Tomotor

xHoteKx has a spectacular aura aboutxHoteKx has a spectacular aura about
i get no rattles on my 2k2 EX.. only thing that rattles is my mints in a shoe polish looking tin.. (WARP caffine mints ) and my radar detector.. i got 2 10" subs that pump out 600watts total, so yea.. thats not bad at all..
Old 01-28-2002
Registered!!

2k2civic should not be trusted2k2civic should not be trusted
LOL, I guess my subs are just too much. 800 watts a peice.
Old 01-28-2002
Registered!!

Ronin is an unknown quantity at this point
Take those same rattle-less cars (especially those of you in Callifornia and Florida) , stick them in our sub-zero temperatures up here, and I will guarantee you that some new rattles will magically appear ...

Old 01-28-2002
Mr. Negative

DaveyD is a jewel in the roughDaveyD is a jewel in the roughDaveyD is a jewel in the roughDaveyD is a jewel in the rough

<< Take those same rattle-less cars (especially those of you in Callifornia and Florida) , stick them in our sub-zero temperatures up here, and I will guarantee you that some new rattles will magically appear ... >>

Very very true.
Old 01-28-2002
Registered!!

MyOtherRideIsBritney is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a really annoying one by the center console that pops up when I go over bumpy roads or usually when someone sits in the passenger seat. It bugs me... I know it has to do with something in the center console assembly or something near the seat track rattling, so usually I shove my hand between my seat and the console to stop it or I turn up the radio. That's about it. I am really **** about rattles and squeaks though...

[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-28-2002
Registered!!

mykel115 is an unknown quantity at this point
The only thing I here noise is from my Strut I dont know if I lowered it to much or anyway I gonna change it anyway just saving money for a new Koni
Old 01-29-2002
Registered!!

BamBam is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a 2002 Canadian LX without any monster woofers or other special equipment whatsoever and it rattles like hell: dashboard squeaking all over (depending on temperature), inside of front doors, rear shelf, inside the trunk and what else.

Most annoying is some sort of loose in the suspension that sounds like hard knocking on the frame when I drive on slightly bumpy roards.

It makes me feel that I am riding an old pickup; and it's brand new!
My old 195 000 Km 1993 EX had much less rattles than my new 2002 LX (come to think of it, that Japan built 1993 EX had NO rattles when I sold it...).

A recent visit to my dealer got many rattles fixed, especially in the dashboard; the mechanics seemed to be aware of many of the rattles origins : he had already cut numerous pieces of a sort of self-sticking felt and boy did he know where to stick them !

But many rattles still remain and new ones are appearing, especially a harsh squeakink in the rear shelf ... only when there is a passenger sitting on the rear seat !!!

As for the "loose" suspension, I was told that this apparent "loose" comes from the front and rear (the 2002's have rear ones) stabilizer bars.

Speaking of a poor design, has anyone ever worried about those huge openings in the front wheel wells (that now need to be there because of the direction bars that have been substantially raised in the 7th generation Civics) ?
Never have I had such a dirty engine compartment. There is always mud and water all over the place, especially on the rear of the engine compartment. I once had problems with my throttle cables : they litterally froze overnight when dirty water and mud got splashed on them. I had to use a hair dryer on all the throttle mechanism to get started the next morning !!!

All these design problems obliterate the qualities of my 2002 Civic LX. To my mind, the 2001 Civic was a draft, a sort of "beta" version, full of unfortunate but repairable "bugs". We would be lead to think that the 2002s would have come out with many of these bugs fixed. Well, believe you me, Honda Canada didn't do anything about it, eventhough the rattle problems appeared almost universal in 2001, as a quick search for "rattle" on this site will show abundantly.

BamBam
Old 01-29-2002
Registered!!

Diznavis is an unknown quantity at this point

<< Take those same rattle-less cars (especially those of you in Callifornia and Florida) , stick them in our sub-zero temperatures up here, and I will guarantee you that some new rattles will magically appear ... >>

its been pretty cold here in PA too (not as cold as there, but still cold) and i havent heard anything..

well there is one thing ive heard a couple times, not sure if its from the car or is actually what it sounds like. once in a while it will sound like a rock bounched up and hit the car pretty hard somewhere in the back. it sounds like its coming from the passenger side every time, and theres never any mark as if something hit it, but it definitely sounds like something hitting the side of the car or even the window. i have splash guards so nothing should be able to come up and hit the car like that, so im not sure what it is. i had just figured maybe i wasnt hearing it right and it was a rock hitting the underside of the car.
Old 01-29-2002
Registered!!

fogbow is an unknown quantity at this point
No rattles in mine, except the face on my cd player rattles a little, but I could fix that and that doesn't have anything to do with Honda.
Old 10-19-2011
Registered!!

stoehe is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: anyone with a 2002 civic have rattles?

The engine mounts on my 2002 are bad (maybe when i hit a light pole)...so thats it...and my Kickers make the car go booom.