General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

rsx-s vs. SRT, G35, S2000 - Kills

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2005
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
all of you are overlooking the fact that it was an 05 type S ... the 05 has the type r cams.

hurts: he has i/h/e, which adds about 30 whp + 10 for the cams ... enough to drop the 1/4 mile time by quite a bit. And since they were racing from a roll, that takes away the RWD advantage from some of those cars ... not that they had good launches anyway though ... nevertheless, he still beat them

also, bench racing = ... I'm sure s2000man will argue that those times of 14.2 for the s2000 and 13.9 for the srt4 are highly inaccurate/debatable
Old 04-21-2005
Registered!!

FijiBluePearl is an unknown quantity at this point
quicksilver- what are you basing this on? not dyno sheets, because all the dynos ive seen on rsx's show that it gains like 2 or 3 hp, no where near enough to beat the cars he beat.
Old 04-21-2005
Registered!!

FijiBluePearl is an unknown quantity at this point
maybe the '05 is different from 02-04 in terms of gains, but my point is that he could not beat those cars straight up with only intake exhaust and headers
Old 04-21-2005
Registered!!

watermelonman is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by chocobo15_2000
k series are i-vtec no? i-vtec "supposed" hates bolt ons.
Welcome to Not Knowing What You're Talking About, Population: 1
Old 04-21-2005
Shinier than yours, meatbag

Hurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by aznboysrfr
all of you are overlooking the fact that it was an 05 type S ... the 05 has the type r cams.

hurts: he has i/h/e, which adds about 30 whp + 10 for the cams ... enough to drop the 1/4 mile time by quite a bit. And since they were racing from a roll, that takes away the RWD advantage from some of those cars ... not that they had good launches anyway though ... nevertheless, he still beat them

also, bench racing = ... I'm sure s2000man will argue that those times of 14.2 for the s2000 and 13.9 for the srt4 are highly inaccurate/debatable
As I mentioned in my post I was saying nothing by my post just a page I knew of that had 1/4 mile times for alot of different cars....I am aware it's an o5 with a type r cam but I posted what specs they did have
Old 04-21-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by FijiBluePearl
they probably lost hp with bolt-ons the k20 sucks with bolt ons
Well, make that 2.
Old 04-21-2005

Hurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud of
^^^lol.........BTW thanks alot! now I want watermelon......
Old 04-21-2005
Why is my vagina bleeding?

nindoo has a spectacular aura aboutnindoo has a spectacular aura about

You got a good point about the 05 being extra healthy from the factory. Type R cams, bore throttle body and larger exhaust to begin with. Its dynos really strong even in its stock form. with Intake, headers Exhaust the car probobly is putting more than 200 WHP.
Old 04-22-2005
Registered!!

HorrorSkopes is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation

I would like to thank 2k1civic01 for giving me a negative rep for disagreeing with him, not cool bro...

Old 04-22-2005
The Rizing Sun

Akutenshi is on a distinguished road
someone re-up the video so i can watch it and kno wtf everyone is talkin about! lol. or linkme to the one on clubrsx
Old 04-22-2005
AKA Mr. 60ft. Not to be confused with Civic_Redline

Redline04 is an unknown quantity at this point
I've been actually thinking of selling my car and getting an 05 Type-S. $1200 in mods(I/H/E) and you can push over 200whp. After doing some research I can believe this guy being his car is an 05. A guy here was putting 193whp with I/H/E and reflash. He was running 13.8's pretty consistant. Now he's turboed and runs 12's. But the point I'm trying to make if he can do it with 193whp I think this guy is making over 200whp with just I/H/E thanks to the 05 improvements and capable of running faster times. Now if hondata can find a way to market an 05 ECU upgrade that is cost effective and around the same price the 05 RSX would have a killer dollar to hp mod ratio.
Check this out
http://www.vtec.net/articles/view-ar...&page_number=3
05 Dyno 179.9 Stock
Gained 7hp just by modifying stock airbox
So with a real CAI, header and exhaust that would put this car over 200whp for sure.
Hondata even says "This engine responds better to tuning than the K20A2, probably due to the better cams and the fact that the stock ECU runs so rich at the top end. A race header, with tuning will provide a significant increase in the mid range and top end torque."
http://www.hondata.com/dynok20-05rsx.html
Dynoed 05 RSX with just intake 190 peak whp
Modified 04 ECU with Hondata tuned bumped it up to 208 pkwhp, not to mention the gains elsewhere throughout the RPMs.
So with the quick beep head start and I/H/E I believe him and 13.6 would sound about right to me. Plus there is the Driver factor.
05 RSX sounds really nice right now. Money is burning hole in my pocket. Might just put my car on autotrader and see what happens.

Last edited by Redline04; 04-22-2005 at 08:10 AM.
Old 04-22-2005

Originally Posted by Asahi
someone re-up the video so i can watch it and kno wtf everyone is talkin about! lol. or linkme to the one on clubrsx

http://www.customdc5.com/hosted/05ty...wild_small.wmv
Old 04-22-2005

Not the best vid but here is one

Hondata Type S vs s2000 vs evo 8

http://www.bobaedream.com/board/data...ontent=evo%208

Last edited by nindoo; 04-22-2005 at 08:09 AM.
Old 04-22-2005
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Redline04
Now if hondata can find a way to market an 05 ECU upgrade that is cost effective and around the same price the 05 RSX would have a killer dollar to hp mod ratio.
some people are buying 02-04 ecu's for their 05 and using hondata with that
Old 04-22-2005

Originally Posted by nindoo
Not the best vid but here is one

Hondata Type S vs s2000 vs evo 8

http://www.bobaedream.com/board/data...ontent=evo%208

I know somone (I think you all know who I mean) that won't be too happy about that vid....lol
Old 04-22-2005
Registered!!

some people are buying 02-04 ecu's for their 05 and using hondata with that
Who?

You can't get reasonable speedometer readings that way. It shows 120mph half way to redline in second gear.
Old 04-22-2005
The Rizing Sun

Akutenshi is on a distinguished road

heh thanks man. repped ya
Old 04-22-2005
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

Originally Posted by watermelonman
Who?

You can't get reasonable speedometer readings that way. It shows 120mph half way to redline in second gear.
a couple people on crsx did it. hondata did it.

don't ask me to justify what they did, I'm telling you what I've seen
Old 04-22-2005
Registered!!

silver02coupe is an unknown quantity at this point
link doesnt work...
Old 04-22-2005
Registered!!

a couple people on crsx did it. hondata did it.

don't ask me to justify what they did, I'm telling you what I've seen
I don't think anyone has done it outside of Hondata a few people that I know but that was strictly for testing. People on Club RSX are probably just talking about that.

It won't do you much good in a street car.
Old 04-22-2005
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

It won't do you much good in a street car.
it'll do you about as much good as any reflash or kpro program
Old 04-22-2005
Registered!!

it'll do you about as much good as any reflash or kpro program
Perhaps you haven't been reading the messages you've been replying to.

Originally Posted by Hondata
The VTC mechanism is wired differently.
The 02 Heater is wired differently
The Speed sensor is now mounted on a coutershaft and spins much faster. (in first gear we datalogged 155 mph)
The throttle mounted evap bypass solenoid is gone
Most of the ECU plug wires have changed position
The speedometer is wired differently (during our tests it did not function)
You're not driving a car like that on the street.
Old 04-22-2005
Registered!!

fearedfxmichael has a little shameless behaviour in the past
the video isn;t working for me
Old 04-23-2005
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

Perhaps you haven't been reading the messages you've been replying to.

You're not driving a car like that on the street.
all based on opinion ... I really don't give a **** as long as I'm faster on street than the rest as far as those "problems" are concerned.
Old 04-25-2005
Registered!!

all based on opinion ... I really don't give a **** as long as I'm faster on street than the rest as far as those "problems" are concerned.
No, those are facts. They're facts just like the fact that an 02-04 reflash does the driver more good than an 05 hack job.

By the way, Hondata won't even sell you the adaptor harness. It was a one-off built for a dyno run. Going to build it on your own?

Anyway, the point is that no one on Club RSX is driving around an 05 with a Hondata ECU, whether or not you think it makes sense.

Last edited by watermelonman; 04-25-2005 at 07:17 PM.
Old 04-25-2005
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

No, those are facts. They're facts just like the fact that an 02-04 reflash does the driver more good than an 05 hack job.

By the way, Hondata won't even sell you the adaptor harness. It was a one-off built for a dyno run. Going to build it on your own?

Anyway, the point is that no one on Club RSX is driving around an 05 with a Hondata ECU, whether or not you think it makes sense.
whether or not you drive an 05 rsx w/ an 02-04 ecu is opinion, not fact. some people don't care and some would use it on the track.

you don't need hondata to make you an adaptor harness, only wiring diagrams.
Old 04-25-2005
Registered!!

whether or not you drive an 05 rsx w/ an 02-04 ecu is opinion, not fact.
The fact that vital subsystems of the ECU will not function is, well, fact. The points posted by Hondata are also facts. The fact is that you are wrong in claiming the 05 hack job is just as effective as commercial Hondata products (which is why they aren't selling it, doh).

some would use it on the track.
Funny, I thought that was my point ("It won't do you much good in a street car").

you don't need hondata to make you an adaptor harness, only wiring diagrams.
I could have sworn I was talking about recently too ("Going to build it on your own?").

It sounds like you're in violent agreement, except for the fact that no one on Club RSX is running like this and you seem to think they are.
Old 04-25-2005

cubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of light
video link not working.
Old 04-26-2005
O RLY
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

S2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to behold
from memory, shawn church, who again, owns the dyno shop where hondata does their R&D and pretty much knows more in his pinky finger about hondas than all of us put together, stated something to the effect that the hack job for putting an 02-04 ECU into an 05 RSX would make the car pretty much undriveable in any kind of daily condition. they are currently working on a flash for the 05+ RSX. If memory serves me correctly, he stated this on clubrsx.

and as stated back to regular point. a race header is different than what this dude claims he was running.

and another aside, i've raced against several RSX's putting down even slightly more hp than me to the wheels (210whp) when I was stock (202whp). and I pulled every time. you're forgetting two major factors. powerband, and gearing. both of which the S2000 excels at moreso than the RSX. the cars are about even on weight. (2700lbs.)

So either the S2k was weak and/or the RSX is a factory freak. or the guy is lying about what he has done. (or the S2000 owner was short shifting)
Old 04-26-2005

ncirom2003 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by S2000man01
you're forgetting two major factors. powerband, and gearing. (or the S2000 owner was short shifting)
so true, to many people dont realize that speed can be found most(well maybe not most but pretty easily) easily in gearing.