General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

pontiac solstice

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant future
Thumbs up pontiac solstice

is it me or is this thing awesome looking? it wasnt this nice looking in the test car version...but this thing is dead sexy i think.

im gonna totally go for a test drive. if this thing handles well and is light miata has some competition i think. not sure what the price is yet, but cant be more than a new miata.

http://www.pontiac.com/apprentice/in...cmp=appeohome2
Old 04-16-2005

soonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the rough
it starts at like 20k
Old 04-16-2005
Registered!!

orion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really nice
mmm, the price is not bad for a car like this, convertible too?
Old 04-16-2005
FIJI-STEVE IS THE OFFICIAL 7THGEN QUEER

Civicster should not be trusted
its just a rebadge of the vauxhall vx/opel speedster

its gonna be gm's craptactular line of of the pontiac solstice,saturn skye, buick something
Old 04-16-2005
Nothing works better than a Chris except a Honda.

CivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of light
they're aiming it smack dab in the middle for b-stock (is that Miata's racing class?!) so yes, they want to take the Miata's throne away from it. Also, it shows Pontiac's new styling improvments and new refound sportiness that has been reintroduced into the company. As far as the looks go, the sides and rear looks hot, but that front end just looks akward. Oh well, just my opinion.
Old 04-16-2005
Registered!!

mrchowmein has a spectacular aura aboutmrchowmein has a spectacular aura aboutmrchowmein has a spectacular aura about
not a bad job for GM then again, Euro GM kinda made this not the US one. not exactally rebadged but the same platform, the solstice is fat compared to the euro counterparts. But anyways, its so like GM to rebadge the car 3-4 ways in the same market.

Last edited by mrchowmein; 04-16-2005 at 06:35 AM.
Old 04-16-2005
Proud to be a civic owner

es2k2 is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah saw it on The Apprentice and it's awefully cheap for a roadster... 20k... what's wrong with the car???
Old 04-16-2005
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AntiLoop will become famous soon enough
its ok... but i hate how all the new pontiacs look like a little pigglet in the front with that ugly grille...
Old 04-16-2005
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
Honmestly people, get a miata. Have you seen the front bumper on the solstice? I highly recommend getting a Miata for about the same cost.
I just dont trust pontiac, every one I've ever been in was a big dump of a car. Even the GTO is a pile.
Hey if you want a real car get $45000 and get a Lotus Elise. I guarantee that car will make you so happy like nothing before!
Old 04-16-2005

ncirom2003 will become famous soon enough
^anyways back to reality where no1 actually poops 45,000 bucks, the solstice is a nice car but people GM has been making nice cars for a while... go to the gm homepage and where all the car companys are scroll or hit more and youll see holden, thats where theyve been selling some great gm cars in australia, and american cars are quality cars the only problem is depreciation, back in the days like early to mid 90's yes alot of domestics where pretty crappy but now with partnerships around the world and more extensive researching and whatnot domestic cars are beginning to perform alot nicer in every aspect. and as for depreciation value i bet hondas and toyotas depreciate the same way over in japan.
Old 04-16-2005
Retired suspension supermod.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...light=solstice