General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

How Do You Stop Cold Air Coming From Vent When It's Cold?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2002
All Show No Go Sedan

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Aznnp77 will become famous soon enoughAznnp77 will become famous soon enough
How Do You Stop Cold Air Coming From Vent When It's Cold?

Oh sorry guys, it was the maintenance required light, and yes it is fixed now thanks to your advice . Well I still have that cold air problem. There is a **** next to the CD player, it is black, if I leave it on the first setting, then cold air will come in while I'm driving. I usually just turn it it to the bottom one with the vent picture I think it and it goes away. It is kinda annoying when I have to switch to heat all the time cuz its so cold nowadays cuz I have to turn off the AC every time. Oh yea, I have a problem with my gauges. I've had it since I installed my indiglo guages. I guess I messed with the needles or something? Whenever I get a full tank it shoots up from E to about 2 lines from the top. Sometimes when I turn it off it will go a lil past empty, at empty, or sometimes a lil below the middle. At first after a while it wouldn't even move for a couple of tanks. I suppose I should go to the dealer, but no time to drop it off really. It's my fault right? Does anyone have an idea of wut could be wrong?
Old 01-06-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
crazydragon is an unknown quantity at this point
push the bottem left button closet to your fan controll ****
Old 01-06-2002
Registered!!

antidote11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Your car is Fu*ked......I'm kidding, but no really the check engine light shouldn't do that unless something is wrong.
And I'm not quite sure what you're saying about the AC.....can you clarify that a little. And it's not burning any fuel....
I know the heater uses a little fuel, but the AC only uses fuel when it's running and you're driving you car simply because
the engine is straining a little more with the compressor and everything running.
Old 01-06-2002
Registered!!

NeoMagus is an unknown quantity at this point
push the recirc button be careful tho your windows might fog
Old 01-06-2002
Registered!!

Belle is an unknown quantity at this point
the check engine light is easy. put the key in and turn it to the first click. hold the odometer reset button in while you turn it to the second click. hold the button in for about ten seconds. there's a DIY on this question. for the cold air question you need to give a little more description.
Old 01-06-2002
Registered!!

DHOWPB is an unknown quantity at this point
As far as the engine light coming on, it starts flashing like that around 7000 miles (i think) and then eventually it will stay on after a few hundred more miles. I think it is programmed to do that just so you have to take in into honda to have it turned off. Mine did it at 7000, and 17000 miles. Just a coincidence? I don't think so. [IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG] [IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-06-2002
Registered!!

bobbyd is an unknown quantity at this point
you can always just turn your heat control to hotter and then the air won't be so cold. my gmc was the same way but it let a lot more air in.
Old 01-06-2002
Registered!!

01civicboi is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah what bobbyd said
Old 01-06-2002
Registered!!

antidote11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Are you sure you can do that with the "Check Engine" light ?? I thought that worked only with the "Maintenence Required" light ???
Hmmmm....anyways, about that light, unhook your glove box and drop it down. There in front of you is the ECU. Unplu the TOP
plug and let it sit for a few minutes. Then plug it back in and start your car and let it idle till it warms completely. That will reset your ECU and that might help that Check Engine Light. Some exhaust systems will freak the ECU emission controls out and rebooting your ECU will fix that most of the time.
Old 01-06-2002
All Show No Go Sedan

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Aznnp77 will become famous soon enoughAznnp77 will become famous soon enough
Oh sorry guys, it was the maintenance required light, and yes it is fixed now thanks to your advice [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]. Well I still have that cold air problem. There is a **** next to the CD player, it is black, if I leave it on the first setting, then cold air will come in while I'm driving. I usually just turn it it to the bottom one with the vent picture I think it and it goes away. It is kinda annoying when I have to switch to heat all the time cuz its so cold nowadays cuz I have to turn off the AC every time. Oh yea, I have a problem with my gauges. I've had it since I installed my indiglo guages. I guess I messed with the needles or something? Whenever I get a full tank it shoots up from E to about 2 lines from the top. Sometimes when I turn it off it will go a lil past empty, at empty, or sometimes a lil below the middle. At first after a while it wouldn't even move for a couple of tanks. I suppose I should go to the dealer, but no time to drop it off really. It's my fault right? Does anyone have an idea of wut could be wrong?
Old 01-06-2002
Registered!!

02Si is an unknown quantity at this point
To stop the cold air from entering, turn off the fan and select the recirc button.