General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

06 Spec Miata pics

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2005
Zoom zoom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jiggerachi will become famous soon enough
06 Spec Miata pics

http://forums.dfwmiata.com/viewtopic.php?t=2630

NEW YORK — On any given weekend, there are more Mazdas on the road-race tracks of America than any other brand of vehicle – and the venerable Mazda MX-5 Miata is the vehicle of choice. In fact, the fastest-growing road-racing class in the United States is the Sports Car Club of America’s (SCCA) Spec Miata class, with more than 1,000 identically prepared Miatas tearing up America’s racetracks.

Mazda North American Operations (MNAO) today unveiled the next generation of Spec Miata at the New York International Auto Show.

"With the all-new 2006 Mazda MX-5 as a starting point, it was easy for us to create the fastest, best-handling and most comprehensively prepared Spec Miata yet," said Steve Sanders, manager, MAZDASPEED Motorsports Development. "The combination of a tuned suspension, a willing engine and consistent braking means Miatas always have made terrific racecars. With more grip, more power and more stopping ability, the new MX-5 is the perfect starting point to be the very best Miata racecar yet."

The Spec Miata series provides an affordable, entry-level nationwide class whereby amateur racing drivers can compete in inexpensive, identically prepared first- and second-generation Miatas. The greatest attraction of the series is that all regions of the country use similar rules and regulations, enabling drivers to compete nationally and always remain competitive. Components for the cars are sold directly through MAZDASPEED Motorsports Development (www.mazdaspeedmotorsports.com), which also supports the program monetarily with contingency awards to successful drivers.

The all-new 2006 MX-5 Miata is powered by a 2.0-liter four-cylinder MZR engine, derived from the powerplant used in the MAZDA and MAZDA . In stock trim, it produces 170-hp at 7000 rpm and a very flat and usable torque curve peaking at 140 lb-ft. at 5000 rpm.

To turn the new MX-5 into a racecar, MAZDASPEED turned to a number of respected suppliers and partners, and the build-sheet reads like a who’s-who of the racing community:

ENGINE

Racing Beat stainless steel header and exhaust system

Idemitsu racing lubricants for engine, transmission and differential

SUSPENSION

Racing Beat swaybars

MAZDASPEED shock absorbers

MAZDASPEED springs

Racing Hart wheels, sized 18 x 7.5 inches

Hankook Ventus DOT-legal racing tires, shaved to racing depth

INTERIOR/SAFETY

AWR custom-designed and fabricated six-point rollcage

AiM Sports MXL Pista custom dash display and data-logger

Sparco racing seat

Sparco steering wheel

Sparco six-point racing harness

Maziora custom-blended paint from Nippon Paint

Mother’s polishes and waxes
MAZDASPEED’s intention is to use this car as the prototype from which they will further develop the package of components that will transform the MX-5 for the 2006 season of a professional Spec Miata series. As testing continues, some of these parts may change as MAZDASPEED hones the car with the perfect combination of cost versus performance.

Often held in conjunction with SCCA professional road-racing events and sanctioned by SCCA Pro Racing, the current MAZDASPEED Miata Cup professional Spec Miata series is absolutely the least expensive way to participate in top-flight road racing in front of professional teams and large crowds.

Last edited by jiggerachi; 03-23-2005 at 02:28 PM.
Old 03-24-2005
Registered!!

619_Cb9 is an unknown quantity at this point
that last picture is sweet...*sigh* i guess im gonna go buy gt4 tomorrow
Old 03-24-2005
Zoom zoom

Heres the entire pic gallery, all the build pics, start to finish...

http://www.awrracing.com/pages/06MX5R/
Old 03-24-2005
Registered!!

CiviCoupe2k2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice! Laguna Seca is only a 10 minute drive from my house.
Old 03-24-2005
Cocky guys kick ass!

Cocky has a spectacular aura aboutCocky has a spectacular aura aboutCocky has a spectacular aura about
wow, a wannabe s2000. i hate miatas..
Old 03-24-2005
Autocross Junky
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
??How can something be a wannabe if it was around Long before the S2000??

Miatas are some bad *** little cars. Cheep, Relitivly Fast, reliable, hanles great even in stock form.... what more do you want from a 2 seater?

I think The S2000 is a bad *** car too, in fact I'd like to have one. But for Racing, I'll take a miata. It may not be as fast, but I wont be nearly as parinoid about ending up upside down next to a tire wall. (Cheep to fix, cheep to race... and fun)
Old 03-24-2005
I need TP for my bunghole

PunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Zzyzx

Miatas are some bad *** little cars. Cheep, Relitivly Fast, reliable, hanles great even in stock form.... what more do you want from a 2 seater?

I think The S2000 is a bad *** car too, in fact I'd like to have one. But for Racing, I'll take a miata. It may not be as fast, but I wont be nearly as parinoid about ending up upside down next to a tire wall. (Cheep to fix, cheep to race... and fun)
AGREED^^^^^^
Old 03-24-2005
Zoom zoom

Originally Posted by Cocky

Originally Posted by Zzyzx
Old 03-24-2005
You boost, I-VTEC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the rough
that might be the funniest and most ignornant thing anyone has ever said on this forum at the same time ....congratulations

oh and its cool how they painted it to look like the 787B, nice touch.
Old 03-24-2005
Registered!!

nickm748 is an unknown quantity at this point
Holy **** thats nice
Old 03-24-2005
I like ruining your threads.

NoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to all
That looks like a pretty comfy race car too! And cocky is an idiot, just one of a long line of posts from him to prove it. SUPRA WOOOOO!!!!!!

But on another note, why does the LCD tach read that it goes to 16k rpm.. Is there something im missing?
Old 03-24-2005
The wheel is turning...but the hamster is dead

ShoelessEX is a name known to allShoelessEX is a name known to allShoelessEX is a name known to allShoelessEX is a name known to allShoelessEX is a name known to allShoelessEX is a name known to allShoelessEX is a name known to allShoelessEX is a name known to all
NICE CAR!!!!

Hey Cocky...ur dumb
Old 03-24-2005
Registered!!

Hayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of light
Very nice
Old 03-24-2005
Registered!!

usafstud will become famous soon enoughusafstud will become famous soon enough
WOW, this coming from a guy with a civic with lambo doors and doesn't race
Old 03-24-2005
Registered!!

Shifty is on a distinguished road
OMG!!! that would be a freakin blast circuit race in!!!.....good find
Old 03-24-2005
I brake for hairy Hawaiian midgets

manahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond repute
miatas are fun little cars. a friend of mine has one, and he let his other friend who has a porsche test it out, and his friend says that it handles just as great! you can check out the road that he tested it on, if you go to Yahoo Maps. It was on Carmel Valley Road, Carmel Valley, CA. there's a lot of twists and turns, and ups and downs.
Old 03-24-2005
Registered!!

CiviCoupe2k2 is an unknown quantity at this point
^^ I think your're talking about Laurels Grade cause I take my car on that road sometimes.. Hella fun, mang!!!
Old 03-25-2005
TAQUITOS!!!!

gh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the rough
goodness...that steering wheel looks nice too