General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

test drove crv/si/s2000

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2005
im stock now! T.T

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Civic_RedLine will become famous soon enough
test drove crv/si/s2000

My sis and I went to the dealer last night and damn the employees of honda are hella desperate to sell. We came in around 7 and ended up staying til past 10 to finish up the sale. Well, my sis drove the crv right around the corner and I drove it back. She got the 4wd model but in lx. The differences were sunroof,rims,colored door handles and some other little stuff for 2500 more. She didnt need those so I told her to go with the lx but make sure to get 4wd. The engine is same on all models of the crv unlike our vics where they put vtec in one and no vtec in the other so lx/ex doesnt really matter to her although if she had the money I wouldve told her to get the ex. That crv had some power. Vtec seems way better than our vics. THe dealer let me floor it cause he was cool and stuff. Vtec kicks in so hard you can feel it right away. With the vics you can feel it too but not as much. Even though thats a suv type car I like it. Hopefully, in the future she will let me road trip with the 4wd civic.

Does anyone know if 2006 models are going to completely change like the si concept? If it is going to change im going to tell my sis to wait off til the new models come. The dealer still didnt have her color(white) so she has to wait til mon/tues?

forgot to add, I also rode in the s2000 silver exterior and red interior. Hella nice inside but still my vic has more room than the s200 and the trunk release is in the lid instead of below the feet? Played with stick and damn, the gearing is hella short. I dont even need to push and it goes in gear with a little tap. The si was nice too, I want si seats/wheel now cause they are bomb.
the s2000 stereo is also very whack for what your paying you get a standard cd player? with a s200 cover that opens and closes which people wont even steal cus the stock stereo sucks. I did however love the new steering wheel. Its not like the previous models anymore, they got an actual H emblem and the wheel grips tight. They didnt have any hardtop either. If I ever get an s2000, I want the hardtop. Hopefully they still have it

Last edited by Civic_RedLine; 03-13-2005 at 04:06 PM.
Old 03-13-2005
my civic has no boost

hotrodcivic2004 should not be trusted
can a crv take a vic u think?hehe
Old 03-13-2005
im stock now! T.T

Civic_RedLine will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by hotrodcivic2004
hell yeah, if both was bone stock definately. But I wish my sis got a stick. She drives stick too, but she aint used to it so she got an auto. I taught her in my vic a year ago.
Old 03-13-2005
One Slow Civic.... But I can take turns pretty well :-)

Blahman2 should not be trustedBlahman2 should not be trustedBlahman2 should not be trustedBlahman2 should not be trusted
Originally Posted by hotrodcivic2004
No, its can't. Trust me. I give my friends the keys to my parents cars and tell them to race me. LOL!

btw, I'm talking about the crv being a auto and the civic being a manual. If the crv was a manual maybe it would win. Anyway, the 4wd only kicks in when the wheels are slipping, so its not that great.
Old 03-13-2005
The Woman Who Gave Birth to Rabbits. As seen on TV by QBoi.

Kadenx is a jewel in the roughKadenx is a jewel in the roughKadenx is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Blahman2
No, its can't. Trust me. I give my friends the keys to my parents cars and tell them to race me. LOL!

btw, I'm talking about the crv being a auto and the civic being a manual. If the crv was a manual maybe it would win. Anyway, the 4wd only kicks in when the wheels are slipping, so its not that great.
Its not that great till your in the rain...then it kicks ***. My manual element 4wd is great. No complaints whatsoever.....except the occasional grind on the 1-2 hard shift. But then again...its not meant to be driven like a race car so I expect it. I think your sis will be happy with it overall but if she gets the manual, I think shell be even more satisfied
Old 03-13-2005
O RLY
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

S2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Civic_RedLine
forgot to add, I also rode in the s2000 silver exterior and red interior. Hella nice inside but still my vic has more room than the s200 and the trunk release is in the lid instead of below the feet? Played with stick and damn, the gearing is hella short. I dont even need to push and it goes in gear with a little tap.
the s2000 stereo is also very whack for what your paying you get a standard cd player? with a s200 cover that opens and closes which people wont even steal cus the stock stereo sucks. I did however love the new steering wheel. Its not like the previous models anymore, they got an actual H emblem and the wheel grips tight.
-If you're in the market for an S2000, you really dont care if the civic has more room. lol. it's a roadster, not a minivan. lol

-Yes the shifter is short. 20mm from gear to gear. shortest throw of any stock production vehicle. the gearbox is considered the best of any car ever by many, and has been referred to as being as "smooth as the bolt action of God's own rifle".

-All S2000's have the H emblem in the middle of the steering wheel, including the previous years.
Old 03-13-2005
Registered!!

nickm748 is an unknown quantity at this point
just get the mugen hard top
Old 03-13-2005
Abortion Survivor

Michalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of light
the s2000 is sweet no matter how much room it has or hardtop or softtop i would take it anyway they gave it to me
Old 03-13-2005
Nothing works better than a Chris except a Honda.

CivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of light
Awesome. I love the look of the CR-V's. They also have those cool headlamps. I wish we got higher end models though, like leather and stuff. Anyway, why didn't you guys try out the Element? It seems like yall tried out everything else.
Old 03-14-2005
Registered!!

LiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by CivicsRdBest
Awesome. I love the look of the CR-V's. They also have those cool headlamps. I wish we got higher end models though, like leather and stuff. Anyway, why didn't you guys try out the Element? It seems like yall tried out everything else.
Honda has the CRV Special Edition.
It comes with painted bumpers/sides, painted hardshell spare cover, and heated leather seats.

The CRV-SE in Pewter (Gray/Silver) looks so hot