General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

FF Drifting (with videos).

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
aZnVoYCe has a spectacular aura aboutaZnVoYCe has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by S2000man01
Well, as I had pointed out the definition of drifting vs powerslide is different. And a FWD car can't drift, it can only powerslide.

But since it appears that the definitions are being changed to incorporate powersliding as drifting, what else can I say?

To many, myself included, drifting will always be what the current/previous definition of drifting is/was.
Things change... I think both you and I can agree on that. Heheh.
Old 03-10-2005
Registered!!

Leets is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Zzyzx
You guys realize that the whole basis of this argument is simply what is the Definition of a Drift (as defined in the import world)
Exactly, we're all arguing opinions. The definition is not one that is an English language rule... it's merely a word commonly accepted to describe a certain event.

Let us not forget there was once a time when FWD 4-cylinder cars could not "by definition" drag race.
Old 03-10-2005
Autocross Junky
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
To many, myself included, drifting will always be what the current/previous definition of drifting is/was.

and thats perfectly acceptible.

To me, The definition of Drifting is to simply find the slowest way around a track. and I dont want to go slower around a track
Old 03-10-2005
Registered!!

Leets is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Zzyzx
and thats perfectly acceptible.

To me, The definition of Drifting is to simply find the slowest way around a track. and I dont want to go slower around a track
but don't you want to do what all the kids think is cool?
Old 03-10-2005
Autocross Junky
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
If I wanted to do what all the kids think is cool... I wouldnt be driving a civic.
Old 03-10-2005
Why is my vagina bleeding?

nindoo has a spectacular aura aboutnindoo has a spectacular aura about
^^right but what you did was for a very short time, hardly enough time at all. if a FWD car goes into oversteer by simply cornering too fast, and nothing is done to control that oversteer with the e-brake, or correct it, then you will spin out.

Yeah It was definately not like the powerslides that the rear wheel drive cars do I wasn't looking to "DRIFT" and get sideways. But Nookiemonster mentioned that you could not oversteer a FWD car, which isn't the case. There is throttle lift oversteer, then if you throttle your car it will straighten out, atleast thats what I have tried in wet weather with 22mm rear anti roll bar. I have oversteered a few times and I had no trouble correcting the car . I mean I aint gonna get my car sideways but It doesn't mean the tail end of my car doesn't loose traction and want to come around. FWD drive cars just oversteer for diff reasons I guess.

Last edited by nindoo; 03-10-2005 at 02:48 PM.