General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

the best suspension kit???

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JOEincaEX is an unknown quantity at this point
the best suspension kit???

What the best suspension kit right now? Bascailly from my understanding its Nex race spec one, but anybody hear differnt??? thanks
Joe
Old 01-03-2002
Registered!!

0100010 is an unknown quantity at this point
If you go with the NEX system, your car will handle great, but you will feel every little pebble in the road. Plus it's expensive, about 1200 or so.

I personally am a fan of my suspension(of course I am, I paid for it). I have set of Ground Controls coil overs, 4 wheel Koni adjustable struts, 4 wheel Ingalls camber kits, DC Sports front upper strut bar and lower rear tie bar. I have my new rims/tires on order from Japan, and I am waiting for DC to release their rear upper strut bar, and Eibach to release their anti sway bars.

My car handles like a dream now, silky smooth on the road, and she can corner like she is on rails, that is until the stock tires let go of the road/(happens on a hard right turn, above about 37mph).
Old 01-04-2002
Registered!!

JOEincaEX is an unknown quantity at this point
are those struts from koni real struts or just inserts? becasue if they are just inserts i wouldn't want that. Also i know you might be biased but which has the better handling and i mean which can take a turn at a higher speed, your setup or NEX. Thanks
Joe
Old 01-04-2002
Registered!!

ZITRO is an unknown quantity at this point
Where did you buy the Koni Adjustable struts? How much do they cost? DO they fit well with the GC's or other lowering springs?[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-04-2002
Registered!!

mykel115 is an unknown quantity at this point
Try looking in Banawe along Erodriguez ave. But here in State they are everywhere Every performance shop here has a koni shocks for sale Your looking around $600 convert it to peso almost 25,000 pesos

Old 01-04-2002
Registered!!

artychris is an unknown quantity at this point
I would personally go with a jdm brand like JIC. Intrax has a full suspension kit available at civicsuperstore for $1500.
Old 01-04-2002
Registered!!

NitehawkVTEC is an unknown quantity at this point
how much are JICs going for? I thought it was also around 1500.
Old 01-04-2002
DIY King

Grey has a spectacular aura aboutGrey has a spectacular aura about
0100010: I like your setup. Stylish and smart. I'de go with exactly what you have, but I'm thinking of an air-bag suspension so that I can clear almost anything when I need to. Airbags for springs and aftermarket struts that I don't have to integrate into the stock struts (like the front Koni's). That would be ideal IMO. In addition to your setup I'de want the rear sway bars for my car (it's an LX). You have a 12mm sway bar in back, so you're all set I think. Unless you want to upgrade?
Old 01-04-2002
Registered!!

0100010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Grey - I want to upgrade the stock sway bar, with the Eibach one(s?) when it is released. I think there's will be about 19 or 22mm(rear). Not sure about the front one though. I'm still waiting on the rear upper strut bar from DC as well(their DAC too, but thats another topic).

JOEincaEX - the Koni front's are inserts, rears are full replacements. As far as which one would corner better, it would probably be the NEX, but only after you add all the strut and sway bars as well. But I think the performance would be very close. I'd rather have the adjustability of the Koni's damping, and the quality of the Eibach springs on the Ground Controls, rather than be stuck with whatever the NEX comes with.

ZITRO - Ordered my Koni's from modacar.com, for 559 + shipping. They mount perfectly with my Ground Controls too, just had to get a couple small adaptors from GC, which they sent me for like 11 bucks. Tried to get them cheaper in a couple group buys, but couldn't as they would only take paypal, I had to put them on a credit card(one that paypal dont accept).
Old 01-04-2002
DIY King

Grey has a spectacular aura aboutGrey has a spectacular aura about
The Neuspeed sway bar for the rear is 19mm. They don't have one listed for the front yet. Only polyurethane bushings. Check out the Parts and Products forum for more information (there's a thread ther now about this). I want the rear upper strut bar from DC Sports as well. I have the rear tie bar installed and the front strut bar on the way. Woohoo!
Old 01-04-2002
Registered!!

showoff is an unknown quantity at this point
I have ground controls as well and I also have koni adjustables which i ordered from NUESPEED.COM all im waiting for is the Ground control adaptors which i ordered at the same time. How much did you pay for installation 0100010?