General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Skunk2 RSX...HOW?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2005
Se7enCyrus Racing/Motorsports

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SevenCyrus will become famous soon enoughSevenCyrus will become famous soon enough
Haha, wow that Supra vid, Kick ***. I should show to couple of Freinds that say supras are Pigs. Even though skyline will own supra anyday. Here is the link to the RSX http://www.cheesefrog.com/frog/skunk2rsxrun1.mpg.
Old 02-22-2005
Slow Down Im Gonna Spurt!!

JDm7thGen is an unknown quantity at this point
sick
Old 02-22-2005
Powered by Honda...

GuliziaN will become famous soon enoughGuliziaN will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Got Boost???
lightweight, lots of power, high compression,
Exactly...

I'm imagining turbo on top of that... Would be sick! That car sounds great...
Old 02-22-2005
O RLY
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

S2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to behold
i can't even imagine what you'd have to do to turbo a car with 18:1 compression.

god himself might have to hold together the internals on your engine. haha
Old 02-22-2005

SevenCyrus will become famous soon enoughSevenCyrus will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by S2000man01
i can't even imagine what you'd have to do to turbo a car with 18:1 compression.

lol, nice.
Old 02-22-2005
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by ACURAwerx
yes, but i'm just saying that the viper TT might actually pass inspection while running the same boost and stuff that it would at the track which in this case would run 9s
i understand, but they might have to do the same thing with the viper also.
Old 02-22-2005

Anyone else here hate vipers with a passion? I know i do.
Old 02-22-2005

diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by SevenCyrus
Anyone else here hate vipers with a passion? I know i do.
I am so sick of this american car craze crap you have no idea.
Figures from honda's own and dodge's own websites.

Viper:
60.24 hp/L
63.25 ft lb(TQ)/L

Civic's crappy D17 that is amazingly suck at output
67.65 hp/L
64.71 ft lb(TQ)/L

So our engines have a better output efficiency. So for all you "no replacement for displacement" people you better be disappointed with this 8.3L V10.

and this HEMI bullsh*t that everyone is going nuts over. The hemispherical design is what 30 years old. The shape in the inside of our engines is proven to be much more efficient! HEMI=
He has no
Effin idea what this
Means and how stupid he
Is for buying it

And dont everyone negative rep me cause I have a different opinion. I am sick of everyone who feels their opinion is the only one that matters giving everyone else negative rep for stating their opinion.
Old 02-22-2005

Haha, wow that Supra vid, Kick ***. I should show to couple of Freinds that say supras are Pigs. Even though skyline will own supra anyday. Here is the link to the RSX http://www.cheesefrog.com/frog/skunk2rsxrun1.mpg.

um....the supra might not be a "supercar" like the skyline but for the same amount of money thrown at them the skyline really only excells in handling if im not mistaken.
Old 02-22-2005

Originally Posted by diskreet

Viper:
60.24 hp/L
63.25 ft lb(TQ)/L

67.65 hp/L
64.71 ft lb(TQ)/L

So our engines have a better output efficiency. So for all you "no replacement for displacement" people you better be disappointed with this 8.3L V10.

and this HEMI bullsh*t that everyone is going nuts over. The hemispherical design is what 30 years old. The shape in the inside of our engines is proven to be much more efficient! HEMI=
He has no
Effin idea what this
Means and how stupid he
Is for buying it

And dont everyone negative rep me cause I have a different opinion. I am sick of everyone who feels their opinion is the only one that matters giving everyone else negative rep for stating their opinion.

ahahahha dude, your my hero. I feel you.
Old 02-22-2005

ahahahha dude, your my hero. I feel you.

its so true though. The 8.3L V10 is very excessive and basically not very powerful for the size. If honda made an 8.3L even if it was a D83 it would still have over 500hp/525TQ. its an excessive, whasteful motor.
Old 02-22-2005
Registered!!

ACURAwerx is on a distinguished road
any car named after a snake is BEASTLY
Old 02-22-2005

Yea for the price that peeps pay for american super cars, its so retarded. If i ever would buy a car like that i would buy a Ferrari.
Old 02-22-2005

any car named after a snake is BEASTLY

wow
Old 02-22-2005
Registered!!

HorrorSkopes is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation

its so true though. The 8.3L V10 is very excessive and basically not very powerful for the size. If honda made an 8.3L even if it was a D83 it would still have over 500hp/525TQ. its an excessive, whasteful motor.
that much trq? yea right

Viper:
60.24 hp/L
63.25 ft lb(TQ)/L

67.65 hp/L
64.71 ft lb(TQ)/L

actually no, ull be able to pull (turbo or NA) more HP/TRQ from that 8.3L v10 viper, than the 1.7L I4 civic.

So yes, that statment still stands "no replacement for displacement"
Old 02-22-2005

actually no, ull be able to pull (turbo or NA) more HP/TRQ from that 8.3L v10 viper, than the 1.7L I4 civic.
Yea, but ur talkin about NA civic right?? Bc i would belive that a highly modified civic could take a NA viper. Maybe?? Idk, but domestics sucks, imports Own.
Old 02-22-2005
Registered!!

HorrorSkopes is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation

but domestics sucks, imports Own.
Old 02-22-2005

Originally Posted by HorrorSkopes
Im talking strictly from the factory. A D17 isnt made to be fast AT ALL. I am just pointing out how ineffiecient the viper motor is.
The thing I see here is an american car bred to be "raced" that has a HUGE engine and a relatively pitiful power output for that engine. Then I see one of the most FUEL efficient cars on the market making more power per volume than this race engine. It shows you that they should have realized 500 horses from something that massive is sad comparing it to an engine that has absolutly no intention of being powerful. All im trying to say is why is everyone so crazy over a viper when its a HUGE waste of gas.
Nothing is better than watching that video of the turbo 1.8L civic hatch run side by side to a viper that cost maybe twice as much in the end. There is replacement for displacement; compression.
Old 02-22-2005

^^^^^^^^^i will restate my comment. Imports ownzzzzzzzz.
Old 02-22-2005
Premium Boosted Member

MadWheel will become famous soon enoughMadWheel will become famous soon enough
Turbo is replacement for displacement haha... Compression is a bonus.

The linginfelter (SP is way off haha) Corvette is fast as hell and still street legal so keep that in mind as well.

But yeah the Supra is insane, and a 3k lb car running 8s is INSANE.
Old 02-22-2005
O RLY

S2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to behold
and this HEMI bullsh*t that everyone is going nuts over. The hemispherical design is what 30 years old. The shape in the inside of our engines is proven to be much more efficient!
yup. exactly. the hemi thing is complete marketing and nothing more. since the inception of the hemi, other manufacturers adapted this type of design, and pretty much every car has it. honda uses what's called a pent roof combustion chamber, which is actually BETTER the the hemi design.
Old 02-22-2005
O RLY

Originally Posted by HorrorSkopes
that much trq? yea right

So yes, that statment still stands "no replacement for displacement"
he's referring to volumetric efficiency. in other words, how efficient an engine is at making power with the displacement it's given.

and IMO he's right. it is sad that a civic is more efficient in making power than the viper. but that's not the american way of thinking.
Old 02-23-2005
Don't drink and post, you will end up hilarious.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Got Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant future
yup. exactly. the hemi thing is complete marketing and nothing more. since the inception of the hemi, other manufacturers adapted this type of design, and pretty much every car has it. honda uses what's called a pent roof combustion chamber, which is actually BETTER the the hemi design.
Don't tell that to the guys on srtforums, they'll be crushed.
Old 02-23-2005
Registered!!

ACURAwerx is on a distinguished road
And now...the list of the Top Ten Deadliest Snakes in the World.

1) Fierce Snake or Inland Taipan
2) Australian Brown Snake
3) Malayan Krait
4) Taipan
5) Tiger Snake
6) Beaked Sea Snake

7) Saw Scaled VIPER

8) Coral Snake
9) Boomslang
10) Death Adder

If you all agree or just like the death adder gimmie rep I need it!!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	vipers.gif
Views:	50
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	48201  

Last edited by ACURAwerx; 02-23-2005 at 07:22 AM.
Old 02-23-2005

If you all agree gimmie rep I need it!!!

3) Malayan Krait
4) Taipan
5) Tiger Snake
6) Beaked Sea Snake
7) Saw Scaled Viper
8) Coral Snake
9) Boomslang
10) Death Adder

^^^^came out of nowhere!
Old 05-09-2005
Registered!!

bradmanuwf will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by snowboreddave
more likely than not, it has a completely redone frame to stand all the twist and torque the engine puts out...

please explain to me how a FWD car would have to worry about frame twisting? it can only twist forward and backward, not side to side which is what that kind of frame is designed for. I belive they just used a tubular frame cause it is lighter, not cause of twisting on the FWD car. frame twisting is an issue with RWD or AWD, not FWD. correct me if I'm wrong though, please
Old 05-09-2005
Registered!!

3) Malayan Krait
4) Taipan
5) Tiger Snake
6) Beaked Sea Snake

7) Saw Scaled VIPER

8) Coral Snake
9) Boomslang
10) Death Adder

If you all agree or just like the death adder gimmie rep I need it!!!

is the Black mamba one of those with a diff. name? if I'm not mistaken, Steve Erwin(crocodile hunter) says the black mamba is the deadiest "land" snake.
Old 05-09-2005
Touch it... He won't bite, He'll just come at you pretty quick.

Blahman240 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by S2000man01

exhaust wrap, zip ties, and duct tape works wonders.
Old 05-09-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Blahman240
exhaust wrap, zip ties, and duct tape works wonders.
duct tape and zip ties own all you can put together anything with them.
Old 05-09-2005

Titleist71 can only hope to improve
CR of about 17:1, race gas, 3.0 lt, tunnel ram air.....endless.....plus it gutted, and made of ultra lightweight moly tubing, carbon fiber body skin thats like 1/32 thick.........endless........

Quick Reply: Skunk2 RSX...HOW?