General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

EL Sighting!

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2005
StAyInG StOcK aNd MarRiEd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ES2Guy is an unknown quantity at this point
EL Sighting!

Hey guys and Gals,
Today I was in the San Marcos area at the mall there and I saw my first Acura EL. It was damn beautiful. I had to turn around and take a second look at it, because as I was driving up I noticed a car that looked so much like a civic but it was sporting acura rims and the headlights were a little different from the Civic headlights. Holy Jesus! This car was just amazing.
ES2Guy
Old 01-23-2005
my civic has no boost

hotrodcivic2004 should not be trusted
its just a canadian 'luxury' vic with acura elmblems plastered on it. same engine as us.
Old 01-23-2005
Registered!!

AlienX will become famous soon enough
El only comes in EX canadian Si.
+ it comes with leather, trunk pop, all these other little *****. Poors mans acura
Old 01-23-2005
sleekest 7th gen on the right coast

NightRider02 is an unknown quantity at this point
those EL's are dumb as hell. theyre the EXACT same thing as a civic sedan. go figure its a canadian car
Old 01-23-2005

I know that the they are supposed to be a "luxury" civic, I just like the way that she looked. Just thought I would inform the peeps of SoCal that there is a nice EL rolling around.
Old 01-23-2005
Yes, it's an Acura EL

TeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to all
Originally Posted by NightRider02
those EL's are dumb as hell. theyre the EXACT same thing as a civic sedan. go figure its a canadian car
Yeah until 04/05 Canadians didn't have a VTEC motor option in their Civic sedans. Marketing ploy by Acura to get Canadians onto Acura showroom floors. No need to get nasty.
Old 01-23-2005
Registered!!

well, vic sedans were not offered with the EX engine by honda b4, thats why the EL came out, and some people dont want to spend that much money for something like a accord but have the same features.

Its not dumb, you just need to think about some people's money situations and their style for tastes.

just a little FYI on the dumb canadian comment, US and CAN share almost 100% of the same cars, models and ect. Its smart to have a car like this in canada because then you can take EL parts ( trunk popper, leather seats ) and just drop them in a vic PnP.
Old 01-23-2005
Registered!!

kornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the rough
your a fuking moron. STFU if all you want to do is **** canadians off. me and telly will hunt you down and beat your ***.
Old 01-23-2005
Nothing works better than a Chris except a Honda.

CivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of light
I like EL's.
Old 01-23-2005

Me too, They aren't bad looking cars at all.
Old 01-23-2005

CivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of light
The fact that they've got leather and a ton of other things standard is awesome. Honda should offer an American version.
Old 01-23-2005
..w0rrrrrrd..

ThaitaniumGK is a jewel in the roughThaitaniumGK is a jewel in the roughThaitaniumGK is a jewel in the roughThaitaniumGK is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by CivicsRdBest
The fact that they've got leather and a ton of other things standard is awesome. Honda should offer an American version.
not to mention the badass gas mileage u get with it too.. i think they should offer it here also
Old 01-23-2005
Registered!!

bobbio is an unknown quantity at this point
I think the EL looks a little better than the Civic. It's subtle but the headlights on the EL are slightly different than the Civic...looks a bit more aggressive.
Old 01-23-2005

But the tail looks ugly...
Old 01-23-2005
sleekest 7th gen on the right coast

NightRider02 is an unknown quantity at this point
all i was saying is that you can pay 19k for a civic sedan, or you can pay 23k on an el which is basically the exact same thing. only difference is youre paying 4k extra for that acura emblem
Originally Posted by kornsined
your a fuking moron. STFU if all you want to do is **** canadians off. me and telly will hunt you down and beat your ***.
chill dude, learn to take a joke...no need to act like a hard ***.

Last edited by NightRider02; 01-23-2005 at 11:22 PM.
Old 01-23-2005
Registered!!

dre2600 is an unknown quantity at this point
Leather, 4 wheel discs, more attractive body, I don't see the problem with it?
Old 01-23-2005
Yes, it's an Acura EL

TeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to all
all i was saying is that you can pay 19k for a civic sedan, or you can pay 23k on an el which is basically the exact same thing. only difference is youre paying 4k extra for that acura emblem

LOL no I can pay 19K for a Civic sedan or 23K for an Acura EL. You can't.

What is an Acura EL anyway
Old 01-24-2005
Registered!!

^ all of above
ppssshhh, trying to put down canadians !
Oh and telly, ive seen ur ride on the street, looking nice bro !
I was thinking of doing a El front conversion but i'm seeing it might be tons of problems
Old 01-24-2005
Registered!!

kornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the rough

my bad but it still was in poor taste. it may not be worth the 4k extra but they do have extras in there which are worth while to some. to the average joe blow it looks like it's got more class then a civic.

Last edited by kornsined; 01-24-2005 at 01:39 AM.
Old 01-24-2005
Registered!!

jericho73 is an unknown quantity at this point
What is the price difference in Canada between the EL and the Canadian RSX base model <the one w/ 15" steelies, no sunroof, no leather etc>? Interesting that Canada has two Acura models we don't get in the states...
Old 01-24-2005
Yes, it's an Acura EL

Originally Posted by AlienX
^ all of above
ppssshhh, trying to put down canadians !
Oh and telly, ive seen ur ride on the street, looking nice bro !
I was thinking of doing a El front conversion but i'm seeing it might be tons of problems
Thanks bro!

To do an EL conversion isn't hard at all, just a little pricy unless you can find a rear-totalled EL in the junker. You need:

- EL fenders
- EL headlights
- EL front bumper cover and reinforcement
- EL bumper lights
- EL grille

Mounting points and even bulb sizes are the same for the headlights. For the bumper lights you'd have to extend the wiring so you can run the harnesses into the bumper lights. Otherwise pretty straightforward.
Old 01-24-2005
Registered!!

EL-Sport is an unknown quantity at this point
Maybe you should learn a little more about what features the EL has over the Civic sedan before you start talking out of your ***. In spite of what you seem to think its more than just a different badge.
Old 01-24-2005
Registered!!

EL-Sport is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by jericho73
What is the price difference in Canada between the EL and the Canadian RSX base model <the one w/ 15" steelies, no sunroof, no leather etc>? Interesting that Canada has two Acura models we don't get in the states...
Currently, the base model RSX ($25,900) is about $1,000 more than the base model EL ($24,900) based on current MSRP prices from acura.ca
Old 01-24-2005
fuk tha man!

djspot is an unknown quantity at this point
I was at Wasaga Beach last year...and I saw Civic with an EL front end...and honestly it has to be the nicest body mod you can do to a 7th gen...

the pointed front end goes so well with the rest of the sharp lines u find on the civic...I thought it looked amazing...if I ever have the bad luck of getting into an accident and fuking up my front end...Im doing the conversion...

oh and TELLY
"LOL no I can pay 19K for a Civic sedan or 23K for an Acura EL. You can't." That was great! lol
Old 01-24-2005
Yes, it's an Acura EL

WHAT! Someone did a 1.7 front end swap?!?!? You're kidding, I would have thought someone would have told me about it last year! What colour?!?! Ontario plates?!?!? Come on man, give me details, I gotta see it!
Old 01-24-2005
Why is my vagina bleeding?

nindoo has a spectacular aura aboutnindoo has a spectacular aura about
I wonder what a 7th gen coupe with EL front would look like with an 04-05 rear coupe bumper.
Old 01-24-2005
Yes, it's an Acura EL

Hot. That's all you would need to know. It would be even hotter with an 04EL front end (fogs and bigmouth lower grille) to match that 04 rear bumper.
Old 01-24-2005
Registered!!

ZodCivik is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah that would look pretty crazy, Also dont u need the EL hood too? The el tail lights are way better than civics... and that leather is so sexy.
Old 01-24-2005
Yes, it's an Acura EL

You'd need the full front end. I posted a list of parts required in my article in the EL section, as well as higher up in this thread.
Old 01-24-2005
Why is my vagina bleeding?

nindoo has a spectacular aura aboutnindoo has a spectacular aura about
Are the front lights of the EL the same shape as the previous 7thgen coupe lights 2001-2003?

Quick Reply: EL Sighting!