General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

speaking of grandmothers...

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2001
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pazzmore is an unknown quantity at this point
speaking of grandmothers...

saw the funniest thing yesterday that actually made me laugh out loud in the crazy *** holiday traffic:

i'm sitting in the far left lane on one of Tucson's busiest streets (Broadway) when i hear the familiar WHINE of an import being pushed to it limits... only problem is that it was being redlined and not shifting. what do i see? some friggin ANCIENT old lady driving a brand new RSX down the street in FIRST GEAR!! i was like, "WHAAAA!! Shift grandma, SHIFT!" i was so amazed that such an old lady would be rockin not only a brand new RSX, but a stick shift as well. so hilarious. i wonder if it was her son or daughter's car that they let her drive to the mall... "Mother, are you sure you can drive a manual transmission?" "Of course i can. Whaddya think i look like? Gimme the keys dammit!"

oh the comedy. funniest sight of vacation so far. lemme hear everyone's similar sightings.
Old 12-24-2001
Registered!!

2k1BlackBeautyOwner is an unknown quantity at this point
I guess the RSX grandma hasn't accepted her old age yet. [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
I bet she even goes to Limp Bizkit concerts too [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 12-24-2001
Registered!!

0100010 is an unknown quantity at this point
That would be a funny site to see, granny cruising along in an RSX, in first.

OT - So you live in Tucson huh? I was sent out there for business for 2 weeks back in September, I remember Broadway, and 6th Ave. One of the boringest towns I have been sent to in a long time. Just a little place in the middle of the desert. I didn't have time to cruise up to Phoenix either over the weekend I was there.
Old 12-24-2001
Registered!!

bobbyd is an unknown quantity at this point
Well, I have a similar story.....When I worked at a hardware back in High School there was this old couple that came in and the old lady drove a custom hot rod and she used to always laugh and brag about beating "punks in 5.0's" hehehe
Old 12-24-2001
End Bringer

Voiceofid is an unknown quantity at this point
heh, this old lady came into my restaurant the other day to buy takeout, she can barely talk and shakes while she walks, and then when she left, i look out, she had jumped into the driver side of a RED Celica GTS! [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 12-24-2001
Registered!!

SatinSilver2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
lots of old people drive hot imports around here....this up the street from me (he must be about 85) has a red Acura NSX..in the summer when i'm outside washing the car i love hearing him scream buy in that thing...sweet sound...
lots of old peeps drive RSX's and celicas too....i guess it's a cheeper solution to the-end-of-the-life buy a ferarri crisis.. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 12-24-2001
Registered!!

ExRacer is an unknown quantity at this point
hehe the other day i saw a old man who was driving a hooked up integra that was dropped, exhaust, 17" verdicts, and a fast n furious type wing...wow i guess i should of tried and raced him!!!
Old 12-24-2001
Registered!!

eXNBP is an unknown quantity at this point
Theres this one guy that used to race up at Seattle International Raceway. The guy was about 60 years old, drove an EG hatchback hyrbid with a B18C1 turboed with modified internals. The thing could fly i think he hit mid to low 12's before[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/IMG]Pretty cool guy talked to the guy for a while havent seen him around in a few years[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]

GS-R not Type R engine