Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   General Automotive Discussion (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3-general-automotive-discussion)
-   -   speaking of grandmothers... (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3-general-automotive-discussion/19258-speaking-grandmothers.html)

pazzmore 12-24-2001 08:38 AM

speaking of grandmothers...

saw the funniest thing yesterday that actually made me laugh out loud in the crazy ass holiday traffic:

i'm sitting in the far left lane on one of Tucson's busiest streets (Broadway) when i hear the familiar WHINE of an import being pushed to it limits... only problem is that it was being redlined and not shifting. what do i see? some friggin ANCIENT old lady driving a brand new RSX down the street in FIRST GEAR!! i was like, "WHAAAA!! Shift grandma, SHIFT!" i was so amazed that such an old lady would be rockin not only a brand new RSX, but a stick shift as well. so hilarious. i wonder if it was her son or daughter's car that they let her drive to the mall... "Mother, are you sure you can drive a manual transmission?" "Of course i can. Whaddya think i look like? Gimme the keys dammit!"

oh the comedy. funniest sight of vacation so far. lemme hear everyone's similar sightings.

2k1BlackBeautyOwner 12-24-2001 09:50 AM

I guess the RSX grandma hasn't accepted her old age yet. [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
I bet she even goes to Limp Bizkit concerts too [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

0100010 12-24-2001 09:55 AM

That would be a funny site to see, granny cruising along in an RSX, in first.

OT - So you live in Tucson huh? I was sent out there for business for 2 weeks back in September, I remember Broadway, and 6th Ave. One of the boringest towns I have been sent to in a long time. Just a little place in the middle of the desert. I didn't have time to cruise up to Phoenix either over the weekend I was there.

bobbyd 12-24-2001 10:04 AM

Well, I have a similar story.....When I worked at a hardware back in High School there was this old couple that came in and the old lady drove a custom hot rod and she used to always laugh and brag about beating "punks in 5.0's" hehehe

Voiceofid 12-24-2001 11:02 AM

heh, this old lady came into my restaurant the other day to buy takeout, she can barely talk and shakes while she walks, and then when she left, i look out, she had jumped into the driver side of a RED Celica GTS! [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

SatinSilver2k1 12-24-2001 11:23 AM

lots of old people drive hot imports around here....this up the street from me (he must be about 85) has a red Acura NSX..in the summer when i'm outside washing the car i love hearing him scream buy in that thing...sweet sound...
lots of old peeps drive RSX's and celicas too....i guess it's a cheeper solution to the-end-of-the-life buy a ferarri crisis.. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

ExRacer 12-24-2001 01:31 PM

hehe the other day i saw a old man who was driving a hooked up integra that was dropped, exhaust, 17" verdicts, and a fast n furious type wing...wow i guess i should of tried and raced him!!!

eXNBP 12-24-2001 07:39 PM

Theres this one guy that used to race up at Seattle International Raceway. The guy was about 60 years old, drove an EG hatchback hyrbid with a B18C1 turboed with modified internals. The thing could fly i think he hit mid to low 12's before[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/IMG]Pretty cool guy talked to the guy for a while havent seen him around in a few years[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]

GS-R not Type R engine:)