General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

screw the RSX, Get a TSX

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2004
xam
snooty patooty partier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
xam has a spectacular aura aboutxam has a spectacular aura aboutxam has a spectacular aura about
listen listen. if u wanna be all dumb found and wanna hear the best set up i will tell u what i am planning and started saving up for:
k20a tranny= LSD and tight gear ratios
k20a block
k24a head= longer stroke and still has 2.4 liters and runs smoother with the whole set up.
Old 12-03-2004
Why is my vagina bleeding?

nindoo has a spectacular aura aboutnindoo has a spectacular aura about
Somebody was comparing the k24 to the s2000 engine in terms of quality. If thats the case, maybe the pistons and connecting rods are forged. I'm guessing if the engine has better internals it can handle more pressure. Maybe Acura could give us a Type S version.
Old 12-03-2004
Yes, it's an Acura EL

TeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to all
Originally Posted by xam
listen listen. if u wanna be all dumb found and wanna hear the best set up i will tell u what i am planning and started saving up for:
k20a tranny= LSD and tight gear ratios
k20a block
k24a head= longer stroke and still has 2.4 liters and runs smoother with the whole set up.
That's unusual - I usually hear about a K20A head and K24 block. Good luck though, I wanna frankenstein mine too....when I work up the cojones to rob the local bank.....I'm poor.
Old 12-03-2004
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
injencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of light
i would just be happy with either one IMO

Injen
Old 12-03-2004
Registered!!

exclusive_vtec will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by acurastype01
tsx's are tight..just too big
^ yep plus im more into how rsx looks...
Old 12-03-2004
Registered!!

Arith has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Mystic3030
I'll never understand why people buy a luxury or econo car and try to race it....
yeah, stupid M3 and AMG owners out there, they should have bought a race car.

Originally Posted by ArtIntown11
People really have to Hop off the STI's ****. Its NOT THAT GOOD OF A CAR! Just because it is all wheel drive doesnt mean the handling is automatically going to be perfect. I have many friends who own Sti's and i have friends who have type s's with MILD suspension work and they WILL outhandle the sti's. The quality of their parts arent that good either. Bottom line is just because your buying a Japanese car doesnt mean automatically your buying a quality car, i wouldnt buy any other cars except a honda toyota and some nissans. 35K i would get a used rsx S build internals like crazy and boost and still have enough left for coilovers and good rims, i guarantee you ill be running mid to high 12's....have faith in Honda!
wow, im callin on that one. Even clubrsx guys will tell you mild suspension work on a type-s isnt gonna outhandle a stock sTI, get ya facts straight fanboy. Why do people say, for much lesser i can buy this and do this and run faster than those cars? You sound like an srt4 owner when they complain about the evo. Hell a crx can do the same and run 11's hell, even 10's possible, but that's not the point. Also that car comes factory turbo, awd, 300 hp and trq and has a warranty, can't say that about the boosted and holy modified type-s. If the engine breaks down, you have 5-8k lying around to buy a new one because you boosted to high? ****in fanboy. Have faith in honda... ?, you are the reason car fanboys exist.
Old 12-03-2004
The Original F*ckin Angry Armenian

ArtIntown11 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
ugh ::rolls eyes:: did it take you all day to come up with those responses? ^^^^ this is fanboy over and out

Last edited by ArtIntown11; 12-03-2004 at 01:54 PM.
Old 12-03-2004
I sure wish my car was newer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
white2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of light
This thread is f'cking idiotic and I'll tell you why - there is a $4,000-6,000 difference in the price of the 2005 RSX-S and the 2005 6-speed TSX. Money is an issue for most people, and if you want to make statements explaining why a car is better, you must take price into account, too. If not, then just go to the top and say "Screw all these cars - get a Lamborghini or Ferrari. Their transmissions are better, they handle better, their engines have more hp/tq, etc. Or better yet, get both."
Old 12-03-2004
Nothing works better than a Chris except a Honda.

CivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of light
I thought the main reason Realtime went TSX was the suspension was less complicated than on the RSX.

Anyway, I love the TSX and I'll get one someday... or if Scion ever makes a sedan version of the Tc. I need four doors. If I could, I'd go all the way and get an RL...
Old 12-03-2004
Retired suspension supermod.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
http://www.speedvisionwc.com/news/04press94.html

The sedan classes rules. They have high horsepower and are great machines. The TSX has double wishbones which are better for handling the RSX's crappy macphersons.
Old 12-03-2004
Premium Boosted Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

MadWheel will become famous soon enoughMadWheel will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by CivicsRdBest
I thought the main reason Realtime went TSX was the suspension was less complicated than on the RSX.

Anyway, I love the TSX and I'll get one someday... or if Scion ever makes a sedan version of the Tc. I need four doors. If I could, I'd go all the way and get an RL...

Scion is coming out with a four door soon called the dL. It's all hyped up right now, it'll probably be released mid-late next year.
Old 12-04-2004
Registered!!

MrDibbs19 is an unknown quantity at this point
i must disagree with that statement, i really like the rsx-s and some day hope to buy one... drivin one and they are much fun, more power than the D17 we have, the k20a2 is just a great engine with the i-vtec... and there is so much you can do with the engine, the tsx seems to be more of a family/luxury car with a aggressive look, people would think your kidding tryin to race a tsx