General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Iridium IX Spark Plugs for 1.7EL

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2004
pho
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pho is an unknown quantity at this point
Iridium IX Spark Plugs for 1.7EL

Hi Fellows,

I recently purchased some Iridium IX Spark Plugs at Canadian Tires and the part # came out to be ZFR5FIX-11 for our 1.7EL Acura. But when I looked up at www.ngksparkplugs.ca the part # came out to be ZFR6FIX-11. I have searched more info on them and found out the difference to be in the heat range of these plugs. Our manual stated to use NGK PZFR6FIX-11. So that said, are we safe to use the plugs from CT or don't use them because they will give off more heat? Feel free to state your comments and opinions. Thanks.
Old 11-28-2004
TeLLy is my daddy

gtracing is an unknown quantity at this point
dunno much about the plugs...but to be on the safe side, i'd say get them exchanged
Old 11-30-2004
Registered!!

vtec_concept is an unknown quantity at this point
Not to be an ***....

But just wondering why did you go with Irridium?

What i have read that its sorta overkill with any Honda Vehicle, and they dont do much at all, if you are looking for any gain or improvement.....

anyways, with the part number you listed, you can still use the plugs, its just only a degree colder than stock which dont hurt the car at all, I use 1 step colder and no problems at all..

I had platinum plugs before, the gap was properly set and all that, proper torque spec and that those plugs felt good at first but as time went by, the car began to feel sluggish and had an irratic idle, put back good ol ordinary no platinum plugs and the car felt much more better than it did with Platinum...
Old 11-30-2004
TeLLy is my daddy

gtracing is an unknown quantity at this point
^serious? i'm using iridium's, never had that problem before....

maybe there's something wrong with ur car more than the plugs...the plugs shouldn't make ur car feel sluggish cause all plugs do the same thing...it just allows the electricity to flow through the arc to ignite the air/fuel....so i really don't see how changing spark plugs from one type of metal to a better metal will make ur car sluggish....
Old 12-02-2004
pho
Registered!!

pho is an unknown quantity at this point
Well, I went with the Iridium IX because my Denso spark plugs on my car was getting rusted and it doesn't seem to ignite the car fast enough. Even when I use my car starter it almost had problems starting. I also went with them because hearing good reviews from other people so I decided to get them. Also the Iridium at Canadian Tires was on sale for $14.00 a pair compare to $20.00 at regular price.

With that said, I installed them last week with no problems and it started right up and much smoother than the Denso. I find that with the Iridium I could feel the difference in acceleration and smoothness. So far it's been a week and no problems.
Old 09-12-2005
Registered!!

7thGen_pikil is an unknown quantity at this point
me too

I also have bought NGK Iridium IX's for my D17A2.... model number ZFR6FIX-11 spark plugs.... im installing them tonite, well see how it goes....