General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

I got into an accident

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2004
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond repute
i don't think your insurance will go up. it wasn't ur fault. its kinda like hit and run sorta thing, or someone hit u on the parking lot w/o u knowing it. ur just gonna have to pay for your deductable, and ur insurance company should cover the rest. i had a hit and run before on the parking lot. i filed a claim ASAP i asked them if my insurance will go up since it wasn't my fault and its a "HIT AND RUN". the fvcker said, no it wouldn't go up, i just have to cover the deductible.

i.e. per se ur deductable is $250

estimate 4000
deductable 250 (what u should pay)
3750 (what insurance SHOULD cover to fix ur car)

now if it wasn't a hit and run and u got information from someone who hit u. then that insurance company of the person guilty should cover the expenses not urs.
Old 10-06-2004
Registered!!

jyoung is an unknown quantity at this point
i'd definately still pursue your option of getting that fella to pay you 4gs, if he has insurance or not. I'm pretty sure he's still liable, how long it'll take to see that money, hard saying, otherwise your just chalking it up.
Old 10-06-2004
The Evil Genius

Quijano187 is on a distinguished road
I just got another estimate from the guy who did my bodykit. He's telling me 2250 for the whole car getting done. It just he doesnt deal with insurances and I dont have the pay for all of it. Im almost positve now that im going threw the insurance.
Old 10-06-2004
Registered!!

winnerpl is an unknown quantity at this point
I'd take to court those 2 fools on the bike. hopfully they do own something valuable.
sorry to ear that though. just u were at the wrong place at the wrong time.
Old 10-06-2004

TurboDreamZ is an unknown quantity at this point
if cops deny that the bike hit your car then you take them to court showing proof of paint matching the bike and the paint on your car.. u dont usually sue for 4gs.. u estimate that fact that its been pain for you ever since and should be reinbursed an amount which should pay your lawyer off and enough to fix your car.. itl take a long time though thru the court process
Old 10-06-2004
Registered!!

AggressiveAdam will become famous soon enoughAggressiveAdam will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Caucasian.Asian
damn, thats sucks man. hope everything works out for you. i would of checked if the biker was ok and if he was, i would of slapped the **** out of him. your insurance won't do anything? take it from the city, say if they didn't chase the biker so aggressively nothing would have been damaged. j/k might work though, just get a good lawyer
acually your not too far off point, police need to end high speed persuits when public safty is seriously endangered.

I got a story too

a few weeks ago my friend was sitting in his car parked when a taxi viciously rear ended him. my buddy chased after the taxi since he didnt stop to swap insurance info, so my buddy persued him and the taxi eventually lost control and wrapped his taxi around a telephone pole. My friend managed to get out his car break the taxi's window and pull the driver from the wreck and saved his life.

Police showed up and said, that the taxi was stolen only an hour before and that police persued the vechile until it reached unsafe speeds and turned off, they charged the drive with theft over and possession of coke.

My buddy made it to the front of the Toronto Star.

From what i Understand most cops wont chase bikes simply because of this reason, they turn fast, there small, there light, and there ofcourse there FAST!

I would talk to a lawyer
file a complaint with the police
write a letter to the mayor
talk to your insurance company
and take pictures pictures pictures!

man it sucks to hear about something like htis.
Old 10-06-2004
Registered!!

CvC-v01 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
that's why they have full coverage
Old 10-07-2004
Proud Protaganistic Propagandist

MisterTinkerTrain should not be trustedMisterTinkerTrain should not be trustedMisterTinkerTrain should not be trustedMisterTinkerTrain should not be trustedMisterTinkerTrain should not be trusted
Originally Posted by ImPulse
you are an idiot

fast food = bad

did u learn your lesson?

That is what I was thinking then I came accross your post.

Call the police department and see what they say, if they deny anything talk to your insurance company, if they say it is not their problem contact a lawyer and see what he/she can do for you...you can go after the cops for pursuing and being wreckless about it...or something along those lines.
Old 10-07-2004
The Evil Genius

Quijano187 is on a distinguished road
Im thinking of getting lawyer now from all the responds i got and from what people been telling me at work. Does any now a good lawyer in New York? PLease sombody has to know!
Old 10-07-2004
Unsalvageable

rEkKaShInObI should not be trustedrEkKaShInObI should not be trustedrEkKaShInObI should not be trustedrEkKaShInObI should not be trusted
hes not n idiot foreatn at mc d's..
Old 10-07-2004
AR
e-married to daydreamer

AR will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Quijano187
I went to the police station and they didnt have a police report yet so i gotta wait untill tommorrow. There was no witnessess and the cops said that they didnt see the bike hit my car. i have no clue what to do.

ok the cops a d!ck first off for saying he didnt see the bike hit the car... they obviously want to have little part in it besides handing over you a police report. things like this i guess can fluctuate under different circumstances depending how nice the cop wants to be. imo.

before the civic i was in a bad wreck. cops didnt see the accident but witnesses told the cops that the nitwit who hit me ran the light and struck my car. that obviously shows the cop was there to give a hand.

deduction. you have red paint from the bike of your car... wth else do you need to see? talk to your insurance and if theyre reputable enough, they should do a fine job of representing you and taking care of things.

hope this helps.

Last edited by AR; 10-07-2004 at 01:55 PM.
Old 10-07-2004
Registered!!

4Saris is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by pon55
Un insuresd motorist= go after your insurance co! NYS has no-fault and un-insured coverage but you don't get it if you don't bitch!
Finally, someone who gets it right. NY is a no fault state and therefore your insurance is required to cover it if your policy was underwritten for motor vehicle use in NY.

My first advice......don't take what people say on this forum as the written word though, educate yourself.
Old 10-07-2004
How many pots have you smoken?
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

manthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of light
Say your neck and back hurt and get yourself a cannibis club card! Duh!! Thats fo real, get one and come to CALI!

DON'T PAY ONE PENNY FROM YOUR POCKET!!!

Last edited by Manthatguysfast; 10-07-2004 at 04:52 PM.
Old 10-07-2004
Registered!!

Keet will become famous soon enough
Yeah, get a lawyer and fight anyone who says you have to pay so much as 1 cent.

This is crap, just cuz you were in the wrong place at the wrong time... if anything you HELPED stop the bastards on the bike and the cost of damages should come out THIER ***.

I get so pissed when the system screws a good person over just cuz they didn't speak up. Do it USA style and give em hell to pay.