General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

why are car salesmen morons?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to all
why are car salesmen morons?

i was at a mitsubishi dealership the other day and was looking at the new lancer ralliart and a salesman approached me. i knew he was full of **** by just looking at him but decided to have a conversastion with him anyway. by the end of the conversastion he had told me the lancer ralliart was turbocharged and had 250 hp and that the evo was supercharged and had around 320 hp. i mean what the ****. i dont know if he was just a douche bag lying his ***** off or if he was just ignorant, but i do know he shouldnt be working at a dealership what so ever. does this ever happen to anyone else?
Old 09-30-2004
Registered!!

EL-Sport is an unknown quantity at this point
You should have complained to the sales manager, and got the guy in trouble.
Old 09-30-2004
Yes, it's an Acura EL

TeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to all
I would have just told him to pop the hood and ask him to show me these turbos. Then I would have laughed, and kicked him in the nuts, hard enough so that he can't reproduce.
Old 09-30-2004
TUCKIN 19s

2k2EXCOUPE will become famous soon enough
you were at a mitsubishi dealership...what did you expect?

hahaha
Old 09-30-2004
Bone Stock!

dalaw is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by TeLLy
I would have just told him to pop the hood and ask him to show me these turbos. Then I would have laughed, and kicked him in the nuts, hard enough so that he can't reproduce.
Yeah kick him so that he wont have a son that will say the same stupid things to customers.
Old 09-30-2004
Mr. Clean

Changu-San can only hope to improve
mitsubishis are gay!
Old 09-30-2004
Registered!!

jyoung is an unknown quantity at this point
maybe you should of bought it, taking his word, then when you had it dynoed, and the car happened to be lacking any forced induction, you could hold them liable. you'd probably have to have what he said in writing i guess.

Originally Posted by dalaw
Yeah kick him so that he wont have a son that will say the same stupid things to customers.
...or take out his son.
Old 09-30-2004
Registered!!

steak84ss will become famous soon enoughsteak84ss will become famous soon enough
It's pretty pathetic when you know more that the Salesman. My woman was looking at cars and she test drove the TSX and RSX. When she was asking the guy the specs, I was able to answer faster than he could look through his sales brochure. WHAT MONSTER TOOLS!! You should be able to just search the internet for the cheapest price and order the damn thing. In 3 to 5 business days a tracktor trailer with the letters UPS shows up and drops the thing off. HHMM....that could be my new business.
Old 09-30-2004
Registered!!

Majarvis should not be trustedMajarvis should not be trustedMajarvis should not be trustedMajarvis should not be trusted
BAHAHAHAHAHA
Old 09-30-2004
I Wanna Die Like God on the Cover of Time!

incubus7d is an unknown quantity at this point
Thats funny, i went to Honda went i was trading in my 03 for my 04 i got now and i knew more bought the car then he did. I started asking stupid questions i already knew hes like i dunno, im like yeah it is, im like in the end ok i want this car i know what it has i want this and i want it for that, in the end i was happy but i makes me mad how dumb they are. If i was a sales person id be like "Hi, obviously your here cuz u want a car what car... and id be like its got this, this and this i be like if u want it then u do if you dont im not goin to lie and say its cool
Old 09-30-2004
Tighter than a third eye after 1 week in prison.

Caucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the rough
yeah, that kinda stuff has happened to me, but not at the mistu dealer. everywhere else didn't know **** about there cars except for when i checked out the evo8 at mistu. maybe it was due to the fact that i stumbled across the largest evo8 dealer in north america? or so he told me...
Old 09-30-2004
Euro-Spec

tripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nice
honda salesman told me vtec means pistons get bigger in the engine
Old 09-30-2004
Registered!!

4Saris is an unknown quantity at this point
Well, what do you expect, the requirements to be a salesman are very minimal. They get the $100 to sell a car while the GSM's and finance guys are making $500 and up with very little effort. When I was a finance manager, the goal was to keep the salesman ignorant, you make more money that way. However, there are some really professional salesman that have very good product knowledge. You have to be careful though, because those are usually the snakes in the business that make $100k by lying their asses off. Avoid the salesman, go internet direct or fleet.
Old 09-30-2004
Why is my vagina bleeding?

nindoo has a spectacular aura aboutnindoo has a spectacular aura about
Can you buy new cars of the net?
Old 09-30-2004
JX6
Redline Adrenaline VP

JX6 has a spectacular aura aboutJX6 has a spectacular aura about
You'll be surprised how much salesmen actually DON'T know at times.
Old 09-30-2004

This is a little off topic,

but on of my previous co-workers had our car and he thought it was V6.
Old 09-30-2004
JX6
Redline Adrenaline VP

JX6 has a spectacular aura aboutJX6 has a spectacular aura about
^Thats sad.
Well at least he has good gas mileage........
Old 09-30-2004
Registered!!

h01civic is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah every time i go to a dealer i have to with a salesperson just to see how much they know and at the end of the converstation i make them look like idiots
Old 09-30-2004

One of my friends purchased a 2004 Mustang GT and the salesman told him he could bring the car back in five years and he would get back the same amount he paid for it. I didn't know you could buy cars like that. I can understand how a Ferrari can appreciate in value but a Mustang?
Old 09-30-2004
www.8thgencivics.com

nikoscivicex is an unknown quantity at this point
^^^^ tactic just to sell a car!
Old 09-30-2004
Registered!!

wrussi is an unknown quantity at this point
they dont know sht about the cars they are selling when i bought my civic the guy didnt even know how how to open the trunk from inside the car it was funny
Old 09-30-2004
I want a TSX!

sevenplaces is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by nindoo
One of my friends purchased a 2004 Mustang GT and the salesman told him he could bring the car back in five years and he would get back the same amount he paid for it. I didn't know you could buy cars like that. I can understand how a Ferrari can appreciate in value but a Mustang?

i would tell him I would buy it if he put that in writing.
Old 09-30-2004
=) Im Bi-Sexual <3

Tojo is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by incubus7d
Thats funny, i went to Honda went i was trading in my 03 for my 04 i got now and i knew more bought the car then he did. I started asking stupid questions i already knew hes like i dunno, im like yeah it is, im like in the end ok i want this car i know what it has i want this and i want it for that, in the end i was happy but i makes me mad how dumb they are. If i was a sales person id be like "Hi, obviously your here cuz u want a car what car... and id be like its got this, this and this i be like if u want it then u do if you dont im not goin to lie and say its cool

y da *** wud u wan to do that
i work at computer store n i hate it when customers do that
WOW jus to prove to urself something? fukin *****!
Old 09-30-2004
Registered!!

Civic_2002 is an unknown quantity at this point
I like salespeople.....I used to be one so I like to BullS**t a lot...But now I just mess with other sales peoples minds, its fun. I want to see how fast and what they can think of. Put them on the spot then correct their butt later after making them believe that I believed him/her....Its fun.
Old 09-30-2004
Registered!!

jyoung is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by wrussi
they dont know sht about the cars they are selling when i bought my civic the guy didnt even know how how to open the trunk from inside the car it was funny
actually, i can't open up my damn trunk. every time i pull the lever it feels locked, even though i switch the lock around from the lock position to the unlock and vice versa, still nothing it's jammed or something. pushing the lever down to pop the gas tank door is fine. anyone else had this issue?
Old 09-30-2004
sometimes i pee when i laugh
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

sivikchik is a splendid one to beholdsivikchik is a splendid one to beholdsivikchik is a splendid one to beholdsivikchik is a splendid one to beholdsivikchik is a splendid one to beholdsivikchik is a splendid one to beholdsivikchik is a splendid one to beholdsivikchik is a splendid one to beholdsivikchik is a splendid one to beholdsivikchik is a splendid one to behold
i should work @ a honda dealership... i can lie. im cute. im funny. everyone ADORES me. hm... what else... i know a **** load about hondas... yea... i think i should do that...

imagine getting pwn3d by some chik honda sales lady. BUAHAUHAUHAUA

Last edited by sivikchik; 09-30-2004 at 11:09 PM.
Old 09-30-2004
Registered!!

Agent9 should not be trusted
ha ha, some salesman are funny. lol not to long ago I was in a mitsu dealer and was pulling the mommy and daddy are loaded thing. let me tell you we test drove one of those r32 golf's. okay this guy supposedly built "race honda's" and he said "yeah...I did autocross for 4 years" well when we came back he didnt know very much about the evo they had inside. I was just chuckling to my self and he was like "sweet right" yeah, a 300hp stage 1 evo, sweet. LOL
Old 09-30-2004
just a troll who likes to laugh at YOU.

varmin will become famous soon enough
i've known some people who sold cars, and they weren't 'car people', to be sure. just regular guys making $$ from BS.

do your own research, don't even bother chatting with the dealer except about the price.
Old 09-30-2004
w00t

acurastype01 is an unknown quantity at this point
i like your avatar
Old 09-30-2004
Registered!!

mrchowmein has a spectacular aura aboutmrchowmein has a spectacular aura aboutmrchowmein has a spectacular aura about
just at toyota dealership last week. salesmen started talking about how their DOHC vvti was better than my SOHC VTEC. then he started talking about how GM pays more to have the Camero in DOHC. Then he started telling me Hondas fall apart because they are plastic (ahem... and their cars are not?). Anyways, just poor salesmenship for dissing the customer and other cars to make a sale. I actually had a great experience when i bought the civic. the salesmen i worked with didnt BS at all (just kept quiet for the most part), the civic sold itself. also he allowed me to test out 3 different ones.

so why are they morons? i guess like all jobs, theres a lot of bone heads.

Last edited by mrchowmein; 09-30-2004 at 04:55 PM.

Quick Reply: why are car salesmen morons?