General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Damn Regulations.... Emission Control...

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bradaven760 is an unknown quantity at this point
Damn Regulations.... Emission Control...

Check this story out.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...ouse_emissions

What you think?

When they regulate emissions that means new cars have no potential for modification in order to go faster (legally)
Old 09-24-2004
How many pots have you smoken?
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

manthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of light
smaller engines?! we should all just ride motorized bikes
Old 09-24-2004
Registered!!

slowciv is an unknown quantity at this point
think thats a good idea, dont have to really worry about a vic but those rediculous suv's and trucks should be toned down
Old 09-24-2004
Premium Member

tinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nice
It never ceases to irritate me that cars must meet X amount of standards, but SUV's are far more lax. Yes, those SUV's and Huge trucks should be first on the list.
Old 09-24-2004
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Get rid of all the older crap cars spewing smoke into the air. That's what causes the problem.
Old 09-24-2004
Premium Member

tinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nice
gearbox, while I agree with you on this point, have you noticed that there really aren't that many older crap cars on the roads these days? I am frankly surprised by just how many new cars I see every day. Nooo.... I stick to blaming a large part of the problem on SUV's and huge fords. Think about it, they don't have to meet the same standards, and you cannot tell me that 8, 10, and 12 cylinder engines don't produce 3 to 4 times the pollution JUST IDLING than the average car. But as long as America thinks that "HEMI" and 4" sewer pipe exhausts on their huge A$$ gas guzzlers is "COOL" .....
WE who drive efficient cars continue to be asked to pick up the slack for them.
And that's just NOT fair at all.
Old 09-24-2004
SuperMODrizd

C2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond repute
i just got done reading that, it better not affect the rest of the country, plus what about all the aftermarket turbo people with their carb legal kits and ****, they will have to redo them all to pass
Old 09-24-2004
Registered!!

TMRakip is an unknown quantity at this point
Damn Emissions Regulations, who wants clean air anyway? Personally, I love the effect acid rain has on my paint job...it makes H2 look like they actually gone off-roading.
Old 09-24-2004
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Over here, all I see are old beat up cars with hanging mufflers spewing visible emissions. Cadillacs riding around with their bass and polluting like crazy. That and the stupid trucks. I'm one of the few with a year 2000+ car. Most are pre 1990. I hope they all break down. I can't imagine how they pass smog. They can't there's no way. Tinman you're right about all those stupid suv and trucks with one person driving on a regular road. The only way you deserve an suv is if you actually use it to go camping in the mountains and other stuff like that. Only reason you should have a truck is for a company like construction. But hey, everyone likes a big truck I guess.

On a side note, I think the Honda insight is really a cool little car.
Old 09-25-2004
Yup, i'm an A$$hole.

Mystic3030 has a spectacular aura aboutMystic3030 has a spectacular aura about
So following your theory Gearbox, the only reason people should have ferraris and other sports cars like 350z's, Corvettes, etc. is if they race them on the track? And people should only buy civics if they commute on the highway?
Old 09-25-2004
Registered!!

jfan is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by slowciv
think thats a good idea, dont have to really worry about a vic but those rediculous suv's and trucks should be toned down
Exactly.
Old 09-25-2004
Registered!!

opto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by bradaven760
Check this story out.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...ouse_emissions

What you think?

When they regulate emissions that means new cars have no potential for modification in order to go faster (legally)
I think that by 2016 (which is a **** load of time) that either hybrid or fully electric vehicles will have taken over any ways.

Besides, electric motors have a sheitload more torque than regular car engines any how.....I welcome electric cars!
Old 09-25-2004
Premium Member

Sweet. Maybe my next car will be electric then I'm just saying that the roadways should be for cars. Why get a huge excursion or giant truck just to drive on the road? A car will serve the same purpose. I just don't get it I guess.