So what IS an Acura EL anyway? - Page 3 - Honda Civic Forum

General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

So what IS an Acura EL anyway?

Old 07-17-2010
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of
Re: So what IS an Acura EL anyway?

reviving old threads is poor forum etique.
Old 07-17-2014
Lik
Registered!!

Lik is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, thanks for the info shared. It helped me figure out some things. I have a 2003 EL with all seasons on stock alloy rims and winters mounted on steels.

Now, I want to mount winters on alloys, as well, but can't find another stock set, so I was wondering if I can use rims like these to mount my 185 / 60 / 15 winters.

Here's an example pic: http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NjcyWDM4MA...Tn1dN/$_20.JPG

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/ODAwWDU5OA...Twp~Y/$_20.JPG

And also - can I use any Civic driver door to replace my EL's? ...and if you know if 2003 EL's blue pearl colour is also Civic's colour?

Thanks very much
Old 07-18-2014
Lik
Registered!!

Lik is an unknown quantity at this point

Why do you think I (or someone else) should start a new thread when the main and relevant info is here? Wouldn't that be redundant? After all, it's 2002-2005 car being discussed here. ...Just my opinion.
Old 07-18-2014
Super Moderator

sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Lik View Post
Hi, thanks for the info shared. It helped me figure out some things. I have a 2003 EL with all seasons on stock alloy rims and winters mounted on steels.

Now, I want to mount winters on alloys, as well, but can't find another stock set, so I was wondering if I can use rims like these to mount my 185 / 60 / 15 winters.

Here's an example pic: http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NjcyWDM4MA...Tn1dN/$_20.JPG

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/ODAwWDU5OA...Twp~Y/$_20.JPG

And also - can I use any Civic driver door to replace my EL's? ...and if you know if 2003 EL's blue pearl colour is also Civic's colour?

Thanks very much
Originally Posted by Lik View Post
Why do you think I (or someone else) should start a new thread when the main and relevant info is here? Wouldn't that be redundant? After all, it's 2002-2005 car being discussed here. ...Just my opinion.
Originally Posted by MindBomber View Post
reviving old threads is poor forum etique.
because it creates pages and pages of unrelated information to the thread title. next time someone looks it based on the thread title, will likely take 3 days to sift through 50 pages of useless information concerning the thread title that interested the member.
So, it's poor etiquette to veer off the subject.

it's like going to the DIY (Do It Yourself) section and all you can find is the "Heeeeeellllllp meeeeee!" titled threads... not inviting to the guy that just want to find instructions on how to do it yourself, is it?
Old 09-15-2014
Registered!!

spoofee is an unknown quantity at this point

It's a Civic with different taillights and upgraded interior.
Old 01-31-2018
Registered!!

Torontopaul is an unknown quantity at this point

What parts are interchangeable with a civic and acura? Besides trunk lids?

Are the engines the same?

If I want to buy a cheap civic to fix up should I consider an acura instead? Or would it cost more?
Old 01-31-2018
Administrative Rice. WAT?!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud of

As far as a 1.7el goes, its a usdm civic ex with a facelift and some other features. Otherwise they're the same (chassis, engine, suspension, etc). Body-wise, they may look different, but use the same mounting points and often times wiring (for affected parts like lighting)
Old 06-07-2018
Registered!!

sweeney93 is an unknown quantity at this point

So i have an acura el with the 1.7 v-tec, currently swaped out the front end to a civic....of the same year... Now in saying that eveerything that was posted in acurate...everything does fit.... my only question is...My hood will not latch.... not quite sure on as to what i would have to do to get it to close..... not sure if it is just a matter of rasiing the hood latch... or if it is more intense than that..... Any comments as to what else i should so.....?
Old 06-07-2018
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Colin42 is a glorious beacon of lightColin42 is a glorious beacon of lightColin42 is a glorious beacon of lightColin42 is a glorious beacon of lightColin42 is a glorious beacon of lightColin42 is a glorious beacon of light

If you have the ability to adjust the hood latch then do it