General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

$7,500 ebay skyline

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2004
Supreme Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wcsjunior is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by CivicXLR8ion
A friend of mine knew someone in the Air Force who bought a Skyline while he was stationed in Japan and he sent all the parts home as Christmas presents for his family for them to get by Customs. There is also a 180SX from Japan (right hand drive w/the SR20DET ) in the town over from me and he got the whole car over in one peice proformance parts and all. i don't know how .
yeah, its not impossible.... i just dont know how to do it tho... theres a shop here in the bay area www.jdmjapanparts.com that has an R33 and an S15 for sale. but the cars were never registered and they arent street legal, which means they NEVER were street legal, so they must know a way to get the cars thru customs w/ out having to dismantle it or take it apart.
i heard if u have a REAL racing team for track purposes or something like that u can import one here to the US. and i heard u can also import them as show cars or something like that. but then u have to report to an office every year so the can check the mileage of the car to see if its really being used for show and not daily driven. but then again, thats just what i HEARD... i dont have real facts.
Old 02-17-2004
Registered!!

Miss_Hatchy is an unknown quantity at this point
And, it's worth it why? It's a NICE car with some impressive performance, but I think people are just obsessed because we can't have it Seriously, paying that much to import a car is just ridiculous.
Old 02-17-2004
Wicked Moderatuh
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

fraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of light
You always want what you can't have...
Old 02-17-2004
Registered!!

Miss_Hatchy is an unknown quantity at this point
hahah so true! Oh well, makes some auto importers out there verrrrry happy
Old 02-17-2004
Registered!!

thecheat is an unknown quantity at this point
It might just be an unobtanium obsession, but I still want one. If they ever make a US market version, I'm there