General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Tachometers in a automatic?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blainestang has a spectacular aura aboutBlainestang has a spectacular aura aboutBlainestang has a spectacular aura about
Yeah, I test drove an 03 or 04 Value Package Civic a week or so ago and it had NO TACH IN A MANUAL. That is officially retarded. The guy was like "a lot of people ask how they are supposed to know when to shift since there's no tach..." I was like "No Kidding." I said "I know it would only cost honda about $2 to put a tach in here but its just a stupid ploy to get people to buy the more expensive LX." He shut up after that.
Old 12-22-2003
A descendant of 2k1civic.com

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
pheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of light
Bellz. . I almost agree. As an LX owner I have to defend my decision a bit of course, but I can see what you are saying.

So. . in agreement if I had it to do over again, I would have got the EX, but that's just me.

In disagreement though. . I don't have a plug in my door where the handle used to be and I have a tach so I don't have to take the time and spend the money to have one put in. In addition to that the power windows, doors, and tach weren't the only reason for getting the LX. I also get A/C (that some DX's don't have), cruise control, etc. :-P .

In addition to that it was cheaper than the EX, and I didn't do enough research, just wanted a Civic NOW. . so yeah. .

And the LX may be the slowest in the stock form, but I make it look goooooooooood..

Last edited by pheaton; 12-22-2003 at 06:04 PM.
Old 12-22-2003
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Bellz has a spectacular aura aboutBellz has a spectacular aura about
Originally posted by Blainestang
... I said "I know it would only cost honda about $2 to put a tach in here but its just a stupid ploy to get people to buy the more expensive LX." He shut up after that.
I agree...a tach is a simple thing. Honda omitted it just to have something to differeniate the models. IMO, the dx should be dropped and let the HX become the low end model. They're so similar in options, and I also think the CVT should be offered in the LX. But that's just IMO.

And I guess I offended the LX clan with pheaton. It was a joke, get over it! And my dx already had A/C, thankyouverymuch. Anyone who buys a NEW car w/o air is nuts! And the "plug" in the door doesn't bother me one bit! I'll bet my windows roll faster than yours!
Old 12-22-2003
JX6
Redline Adrenaline VP

JX6 has a spectacular aura aboutJX6 has a spectacular aura about
what plug?
Tell me what you all are talking about.
DX models can make your arms stronger.....but i am strong enough by doind push-ups....not rolling windows up and down.Power equipment is more cool.lol.
Old 12-22-2003

Boiler_Room is on a distinguished road
The yellow light is blinding, it is stupid for an auto.