Lighting Use this for all your lighting questions

How do you change LED headlight on Touring?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2019
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reddrob is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile How do you change LED headlight on Touring?

I have seen videos of how simple it is to change lower model civics headlights from halogen to led. However what if you have a touring civic that already comes with the LED headlight housing standard? Is it as simple as unscrewing and swapping the bulbs? How many are there? It was a pain to change one headlight in my 2008 civic! Had to take the wheel off! I see they made the lights much easier to access on both sides of the 2019 civic. However, I never saw a video of how the touring model lights are laid out for accesability.
Old 10-29-2019
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,149 Likes on 803 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How do you change LED headlight on Touring?

You can't. They're integrated into the headlight housing and thus non-replaceable
Old 10-29-2019
Registered!!

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
You can't. They're integrated into the headlight housing and thus non-replaceable
I was afraid of that. Makes me lean toward an EXL. Headlights do fail eventually, and it looks like the whole light assembly would need replacement? Im sure the assembly is expensive if you can even get one?
Old 10-29-2019
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

Light emitting diodes dont have filaments that burn up like grandpa bulbs.

They shouldn't fail for a vary long time.
Old 10-29-2019
Super Moderator

Received 1,870 Likes on 1,315 Posts
BrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud of

A quick Google search says the lifespan would be about 50,000 hours. If you used the headlights for four hours everyday they would last for 34 years.
Old 10-29-2019
Administrator
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

It's in the realm of 1200 plus shipping from online Honda retailers. List price is $900/headlight. Dealership cost, likely $2000 for a set.

But mac is right, LEDs last far longer. I'm not a fan of the light output of those LED headlights. Kinda short throw. I went HID, and the light output is significantly better than halogens or LEDs.
Old 10-29-2019
Super Moderator

Received 1,870 Likes on 1,315 Posts
BrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud of

I'm not a fan of the light output of those LED headlights.
I agree. I mean they're good, but they're not my favorite.
Old 10-29-2019
Registered!!

Originally Posted by BrotatoChip
I agree. I mean they're good, but they're not my favorite.
Thats where it gets confusuing, light output.
I think you can get 10000 lumen H11 bulbs,
not even sure what the reccomended lumen output is? Not sure if the stock led light outperform getting a lower trim and putting in your own bulb choice and lumen output?
Old 10-29-2019
Registered!!

Originally Posted by mac25
Light emitting diodes dont have filaments that burn up like grandpa bulbs.

They shouldn't fail for a vary long time.
Good point, LEDS last a looooooooong time.
Would likely never have to even replace them.
Old 10-29-2019
Registered!!

It's in the realm of 1200 plus shipping from online Honda retailers. List price is $900/headlight. Dealership cost, likely $2000 for a set.

But mac is right, LEDs last far longer. I'm not a fan of the light output of those LED headlights. Kinda short throw. I went HID, and the light output is significantly better than halogens or LEDs.
Very good information on the $900 cost of each light assembly👍🏽. I guess honda decided these would simply outperform a standard bulb replaceable setup, and if they ever go out, a whole light replacement would be worth it. Exactly which lights did you go with? Link? Lumens?
Old 10-29-2019
Administrator
Administrator

Morimoto H11B elite kit from theretrofitsource.com. I went with the 5500k color temp. Click the "see how she's growing" link in my signature and you'll see output pics there

They always have black Friday coupon codes (and I'll post it up when that email comes through), so if you hold out for a month. Their customer service has always been fantastic

Edit. Maybe you won't see output pics.
https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3...ml#post4734789

Last edited by xRiCeBoYx; 10-29-2019 at 06:21 PM.