HIDs and Retrofitting Discuss HIDs bulbs, ballasts, projectors and custom retrofits here.

LED's & Replacement Lens Covers

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2016
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
06 EX Mild Mods has a spectacular aura about06 EX Mild Mods has a spectacular aura about06 EX Mild Mods has a spectacular aura about
LED's & Replacement Lens Covers

Did some on line research. My 06 EX headlight covers are about matching the color of my car - white. I buffed them out once, which worked okay but only lasted about 2 years. So now I am wanting to replace the whole headlight assembly and as usual so some sort of upgrade, in this case upgrade to LED headlights. Here's what I found that I kind of like, but am interested to see anyone's comments and recommendations:

Low Beams: 9006 Full LED Headlights Kit for Honda Civic Sedan 2006
http://www.ledheadlightspro.com/civi...ic-sedan-2006/ $139.99

Warning Canceller + Anti-Flicker Capacitor
http://www.ledheadlightspro.com/led-...ker-capacitor/ $30.43

Driver and Passenger Headlights with Amber Park Lens Replacement for Honda 33151SNAA02 33101SNAA02
http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B...Ahonda%3Acivic $128.57
Estimated cost minus shipping $298.99
Old 03-21-2016
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: LED's & Replacement Lens Covers

The LED headlights look nice.

I have heard that aftermarket headlight performance is poor compared to the OE units. The reflector is not aimed properly and they leak. For this reason I generally don't recommend them unless you are splitting them open and doing a retrofit. Not sure if you can retrofit with LED bulbs.
Old 03-22-2016
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
06 EX Mild Mods has a spectacular aura about06 EX Mild Mods has a spectacular aura about06 EX Mild Mods has a spectacular aura about

I take it your comments are referring to the plastic headlight assembly, the last Amazon link posted? The plastic headlight assembly, mainly the lens is badly bleached out by 10 hot Texas summers. Thus I was planning on replacing the plastic headlight assembly and using the LED bulbs with the warning canceller and anit-flicker capacitor. Supposedly the LED bulbs can be used with the OEM or after market plastic headlight assembly. Got an intake mod to go with that exhaust?
Old 03-22-2016
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

The last link is a dead one, won't open for me. I assumed it was a new aftermarket headlight assembly similiar to this:

These aftermarket ones are inferior when compared to the OEM ones because the reflector that they use is not aimed properly. You can buy those and put the LED bulbs in them but they won't last as long, may leak and could result in poor light performance because they are aftermarket and not OEM.

Yes sir. Ingen cold air intake, stock header.