Electronics Post your questions about Electronics problems here!

Fuel estimator not resetting

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2018
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ducebigalow is an unknown quantity at this point
Fuel estimator not resetting

Has anyone had this happen?
I had the car into the dealership for an oil change, and had them check my display for another issue. They couldn't find anything wrong with the display and said they did a "hard boot" on it. Whatever that means. Anyways, when I filled up the car prior to going into the dealership the mileage estimator said 829km. I drove the car about 100km before getting to the dealership. When I left, I noticed the estimator said 430km. I thought this may change as I drove away, however it didn't. It should have read at least 700kms. I called the dealership back on the way home to explain what was happening, they basically said keep an eye on it and if it doesn't correct itself bring it back. I did notice on the way home that the estimator didn't move that much, actually decreasing 1 km for every 3km driven. When I fill up again I hope that it re-calibrates itself, otherwise I will have to take it back.
I have 2018 hatch lx manual.

Thanks guys
Old 09-19-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Fuel estimator not resetting

Just drive it.
It's only an ESTIMATED range and in normal use its based on previous tanks/trips/driving habits. Now that it's been through a "reboot" it may have dumped that previous tank/trip memory values and is probably estimating at a basic value and will continue to adapt as you drive and conditions change.

It recalculates its estimates every (short time period and short distance), same as it does for fuel economy average per tank or per trip
Do you have it set to show fuel economy per tank already? Set one of the tripmeters to automatically reset with gas tank fill up.
Old 08-15-2023
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ramonromero is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Fuel estimator not resetting

So after doing a reset to TRIP A and B and the tank fills up the average fuel A and B will go back to “normal”?