General 10th Gen Got a question or want to post but it doesn't quite fall under any other topic? Post up here!

Walk Away Auto Lock, Total Failure.

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ArchV is an unknown quantity at this point
Walk Away Auto Lock, Total Failure.

I've done a search of the forums, and while there are a few posts about this, there's very little info...

My walk away auto lock has suddenly stopped working. It's a 2016 Civic Touring. I've been using the feature for a couple years; and now, it does nothing. It doesn't beep, it doesn't even attempt to lock after walking away. I have to manually lock it with the remote, like a caveman

In the system settings, I've toggled it off and back on again, gone through all the other locking settings... still nothing. Any thoughts?
Old 09-13-2018
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Walk Away Auto Lock, Total Failure.

Couldn't tell you since I have the caveman version of the 10thgen hatch, but man, every problem I've read about with 10thgens has to do with the fancy crap my '18 Sport Hatch lacks. My buddy has a '16 EX-T and his head unit shut down on him because it got too hot. I just sat back, laughed, and drove off listening to my music on my non-touchscreen, caveman, volume **** toting head unit.

Good luck with finding a solution
Old 09-13-2018
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,126 Likes on 941 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all

still have warranty?
Old 09-13-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ArchV
I've done a search of the forums, and while there are a few posts about this, there's very little info...

My walk away auto lock has suddenly stopped working. It's a 2016 Civic Touring. I've been using the feature for a couple years; and now, it does nothing. It doesn't beep, it doesn't even attempt to lock after walking away. I have to manually lock it with the remote, like a caveman

In the system settings, I've toggled it off and back on again, gone through all the other locking settings... still nothing. Any thoughts?
Try your other keyfob first
Battery cable disconnect, (system reboot) ?
audio system reset?

Warranty, dealership