North East Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont

Car broken into

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hjteq is an unknown quantity at this point
Car broken into

[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG]NO.. no big deal I ran the MF off with no damage to the car. He got some of my CD's and I reported it to the cops. More importantly is the F**ing alarm that doesn't activate by itself so the door stayed unlocked. Plus when I open the truck with the key it also doesn't set it off. I was thinking of getting the Viper 550. Ehh.. is it worth it on this car tho... anyway hit my back this forum seems dead.
Old 10-22-2002
Retired Super Mod and STILL Pimpin' Yo Mama

Blk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to behold
That sucks man, but glad to hear the loss wasn't major.. I would take the car back to whereever the alarm was installed and let them know. It sounds like a wiring issue. I'm not too familiar with Viper alarms, I myself have a Clifford Concept 100 and I used to always set it off when I opened my trunk.
Soon I'll be adding the remote trunk release so that won't happen to often any longer...

Hang in there.
Old 10-22-2002
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Krepoort is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah, get yourself a Clifford or Viper. I assume you have the 'stock' alarm and it does suck. I'm about to get me a Clifford too. Good thing it was only a few CDs. Hope they catch the fugger.
Old 10-22-2002
DIY King

Grey has a spectacular aura aboutGrey has a spectacular aura about
That sucks dude. Never had it happen to me and hopefully it never will. I try not to leave things out for people to take. Although I guess I'm guilty of leaving out my cell phone and two-way radio. Hmm... Better change that habit fast!
Old 10-22-2002
sometimes i pee when i laugh

sivikchik is a splendid one to beholdsivikchik is a splendid one to beholdsivikchik is a splendid one to beholdsivikchik is a splendid one to beholdsivikchik is a splendid one to beholdsivikchik is a splendid one to beholdsivikchik is a splendid one to beholdsivikchik is a splendid one to beholdsivikchik is a splendid one to beholdsivikchik is a splendid one to behold
omg that suuuuuux... sorry to hear that... glad they didnt steal the WHOLE car [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
Old 10-23-2002
Registered!!

Thanks people...
Luckily I saw him before he had anytime.. I went and looked at alarms and decided of the Viper 550. I asked about the electronic trunk release feature and was told that it wasn't a good idea. Civic trunks would need a separate part...and a pricey part at that.. Since our trunks don't come with it from factory I was told it would cost quite a bit.
Old 10-23-2002
Premium Member

Krepoort is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: hjteq
Thanks people...
Luckily I saw him before he had anytime.. I went and looked at alarms and decided of the Viper 550. I asked about the electronic trunk release feature and was told that it wasn't a good idea. Civic trunks would need a separate part...and a pricey part at that.. Since our trunks don't come with it from factory I was told it would cost quite a bit.[hr]
Not true. Check this out..

Texthttp://www.7thgencivic.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=7&threadid=44666
Old 11-05-2002
Registered!!

well its still a separate part that I did not know existed but atleast it doesn't look expensive