I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment - Audio) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Suggestions with picking out audio

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2019
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ac1d is an unknown quantity at this point
Suggestions with picking out audio

New member, new Honda owner.

I know its only a civic but its the nicest car I've ever owned.

That being said, I'm currently in the process of purchasing the sound system for my car and looking for input. So far I've acquired the rear deck and front door speakers. Everything else is up for grabs.

Front Speakers - Infiniti Reference 6530cx

Rear Speakers - Infiniti Kappa 62ix

Sub - JBL Pro Bass Hub ???

4ch amp ?

Head Unit ?

Old 06-08-2019
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Suggestions with picking out audio

Get whatever brand you prefer that has the features you want. I like Alpine HU and Infinity subs and amps. If you are jsut running a single sub then you just need a Mono amp. 2 subs will need a 2ch . If want to run the door and rear speakers off an amp then a 4ch for those and another mono or 2ch for the subs.

In my experience an upgraded HU provides enough power to run the upgraded door speakers and a single 8" sub in the trunk provides good bass.

I have an 8" Infinity Reference sub and it is pretty kick ***. My amps are Infinity also and are probably 10+ years old.

Checkout Crutchfield, they have a great website for comparing and checking out different setups.
Old 06-08-2019
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Word of warning when switching out head units on the 10thgen. You can lose a lot of functionality if you go with a basic single or double din unit. There's only one Android head unit I know of that'll drop in, look OEM, and retain some functionality, and those are the Phoenix Android head units.

My suggestion: stick with the OEM head unit and find a set of speakers/amps that you like, get a line output converter to get the sound you want. In my 2018 sport hatch (no infotainment system), I just wired in a pair of Polk DB tweeters and it made a good difference in sound quality
Old 06-08-2019
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
Word of warning when switching out head units on the 10thgen. You can lose a lot of functionality if you go with a basic single or double din unit.
Good point! Forgot how the newer cars have more integrated into the radio. Keeping stock HU and just adding a sub or upgrading the speakers would be sufficent.