I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment - Audio) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Navigation beeps and fails to display map

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keithsmith001 is an unknown quantity at this point
Navigation beeps and fails to display map

Intermittently with no predictability, whenever attempting to display the map in the navigation function on my 2016 Civivc Touring, the entertainment system will momentarily display the map then beep and return to the previous menu. Sometimes the system will continue to beep incessantly until the car is turn off and then restarted. Sometimes it will just beep once or twice when trying to display the map and once the previous menu is displayed will stop beeping. I have got it to the dealership once with the continual beeping but they said there was no Honda alert or notice on this issue. Anyone else experience this or have had it resolved?

Thanks.
Old 05-27-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Navigation beeps and fails to display map

I have got it to the dealership once with the continual beeping but they said there was no Honda alert or notice on this issue.
How long ago was that?

There are updates for various audio unit software issues along with service info for some other issues. Which exact update(s) will depend on your particular audio unit and your particular issues.

Kinda sounds like you may need software updates addressed in Honda bulletins
17-048 and 17-049

Return to your dealer with a complete list of all the different symptoms you can come up with, and mention the bulletin numbers listed above.

If no help from your dealer, try a different dealership
Hopefully your car is still covered under warranty.
Old 05-27-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keithsmith001 is an unknown quantity at this point

Was at the dealership yesterday for routine service and made sure they noted it in my service record.
Old 05-27-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

and made sure they noted it in my service record
That won't extend the warranty coverage