I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment - Audio) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

MP3 glitch?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lunatrix is an unknown quantity at this point
MP3 glitch?

I wonder if anyone else has noticed this - I start the car, turn on the MP3 player, and it works. When I drive away, as soon as I get to 5 mph and the doors lock, the MP3 turns off. I can restart the MP3 while driving, but it's awkward. My work around is to manually lock the doors as soon as I start the car. It just seems odd to me that the auto door lock would interrupt the USB sync / power.
Car is a 2018 Civic LX
Old 05-28-2018
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: MP3 glitch?

I've never had that issue in my '18 Sport. We have the same entertainment setup, too (no fancy touchscreen infotainment system)

Just out of curiosity, what are you using as an MP3 source? I have a 160GB 6th gen iPod classic, but I honestly use Pandora on my phone via bluetooth more often.
Old 05-28-2018
Registered!!

I'm using a a San Disk Clip Sport 4 GB player. Yes, it could be the player. I have another brand MP3 player I will try for comparison. Thanks for the reply.
Old 05-28-2018
Registered!!

OK, problem solved. Honda 1 SanDisk 0. It was the MP3 player. I substituted my old player with the name worn off of it, and it worked fine.
Old 05-28-2018
Administrator
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Nice, glad you got it figured out. You could use a flash drive with music on it, if you really wanted to.
Old 05-28-2018
Registered!!

That was the first thing I tried when I got the car, and I couldn't get it to work, but then I was using the flash drive on a USB extension cable. That would solve the husband / wife music taste difference problem.
Old 05-28-2018
Administrator
Administrator

I'll tinker around with mine. See if there's something special you gotta do to get usb drives to work. In the meantime, bluetooth is seriously a fantastic alternative