I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment - Audio) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

2016 Touring - Going from ON mode to ACCESSORY mode

Old 02-13-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
calonzo is an unknown quantity at this point
2016 Touring - Going from ON mode to ACCESSORY mode

Often after I park my car, I want to continue listening to a song. When I had a key ignition, I would just put the car in Park, and turn the key to Accessory, shutting off the engine, but continue listening to the song uninterrupted. But with my new 2016 Touring, pressing the Engine button doesn't do that unless that car is NOT IN PARK! I don't understand this logic. Is there another way that I can put the car safely in Park, and still listen to the song uninterrupted?
Old 02-13-2017
Registered!!

rweiner0 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 2016 Touring - Going from ON mode to ACCESSORY mode

This seems to be a unintended side-effect of how Honda has designed their Push-to-start feature. I first encountered this on my 2014 Accord - same problem. The only other work around is to that after you shut the engine, you need to push start again but without your foot on the brake. This turns the radio back on after a few seconds, but its certainly not very smooth.
Old 02-13-2017
Registered!!

Thanks! You would think after 3 years they would have fixed this issue.
Old 02-13-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

I don't understand this logic.

You would think after 3 years they would have fixed this issue.
If there was ever a day when we all could slap an engineer........
Old 02-14-2017
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ezone
If there was ever a day when we all could slap an engineer........
Ha ha! I am a Software Engineer, and not a day goes by when I don't want to slap another engineer. LOL
Old 02-15-2017
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

I always wanted to tie the audio system B+ to the power windows source so you would have the delayed time after ignition off.
Old 09-13-2017
Registered!!

penright is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by calonzo
But with my new 2016 Touring, pressing the Engine button doesn't do that unless that car is NOT IN PARK!
I wanted to update my Garmin database without having the car running.
I did a lot of googling on this. Didn't find much more than what you said.
If you put the car in park, press the on button without foot on brake, looks like it turns on a lot more than radio. For example airconditioner blower. If you stop the engine while not in park, looks like the blower is not running. So I set the emergency brake and stopped the engine in neutral. That was the best solution I found.
Old 09-13-2017

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by penright
I wanted to update my Garmin database without having the car running.
I did a lot of googling on this. Didn't find much more than what you said.
If you put the car in park, press the on button without foot on brake, looks like it turns on a lot more than radio. For example airconditioner blower. If you stop the engine while not in park, looks like the blower is not running. So I set the emergency brake and stopped the engine in neutral. That was the best solution I found.
Without the brake pedal pressed:

FIRST press of the start button turns on just the accessory mode--mainly the audio-tainment system and power outlets. (It takes a few seconds for the radio to boot up so it may not be obvious right away) Some cars may say acc/accy/accessory mode on, on the dash display.

SECOND press turns on ignition mode--entire dash lights up, gauges, HVAC, fans, etc.

Third press turns everything off.
Old 09-14-2017
Registered!!

penright is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ezone
Without the brake pedal pressed:
FIRST press of the start button turns on just the accessory mode--mainly the audio-tainment system and power outlets. (It takes a few seconds for the radio to boot up so it may not be obvious right away)
Tried what you said this morning. You nailed the mistake. When I first press, the dash, it said press button for ACC, so I thought I had to press it again because nothing appeared to be coming on. This time I waited and on came the head unit. Pressed again all came on except the car did not start. So I push the break and started the car and then the head unit looks like it went through what I would call a warm start. It went through a connecting process back to me Andriod phone.

In all my searching no one explained the difference between button pushes like that.
Old 09-14-2017

Originally Posted by penright

In all my searching no one explained the difference between button pushes like that.
I think the owners manual explains the various modes and the how to

Search this Thread