I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment - Audio) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Questions about Google Auto

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
johnfa is an unknown quantity at this point
Questions about Google Auto

I have a 2016 Civic EX. When I listen to music through google auto, the volume is low even when set to the maximum volume. Pressing the volume up button on my Samsung Note 4 doesn't seem to do anything. Is anyone else experiencing this?
Old 04-12-2016
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Questions about Google Auto

Your media volume is at max? Sometimes my S5 turns the ringer up instead of media.
Old 04-12-2016
Registered!!

johnfa is an unknown quantity at this point

When I press the volume button the display says media, and the volume is maximized on the phone. Could it be the Google Auto is the problem ?
Old 04-12-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Google auto? Never heard of it.

I don't have the answer, I wouldn't even try anything without having the car and the device in front of me...and I do not ever mess with customers radios unless there's a complaint about it.
There are too many different radio versions in all the different cars, for me to bother to remember any of them.

Check the Honda website, see if your phone is on the approved list, and see if they have any handy info you can use there too:
http://automobiles.honda.com/handsfreelink/

Search through all of the radio system menu options to see what's available.
Search your owners manual for helpful info on the radios.

Assuming your salesperson isn't a knuckle dragging mouth breather (so many are) go back and see if they can show you all about the radio functions again...because they should have gone through this when you took delivery of the car.

Or stop in and see the service department....Our store has one service advisor who seems to handle 95% of the "driver distraction system" issues.
Old 04-22-2017
Registered!!

nizarz` is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by johnfa
I have a 2016 Civic EX. When I listen to music through google auto, the volume is low even when set to the maximum volume. Pressing the volume up button on my Samsung Note 4 doesn't seem to do anything. Is anyone else experiencing this?
When I first picked up my car from the dealership and I had the same thought. "Why is the stereo not that loud?!" Now when I picked up the car I didn't have the cable to connect my phone so I was using the bluetooth to play the music. The next day I purchased a USB cable and the music was just as loud as I thought it should be: so are you playing the music via bluetooth or from the cable? Also are you using Android Auto because thats what I am using on the car and its fantastic because you have a really good equaliser on the phone where you can change all spectrums of the music to suit your needs. (As opposed to Bass, Mid, Treble on the cars system)
Old 09-13-2017
Registered!!

penright is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nizarz`
When I first picked up my car from the dealership and I had the same thought. "Why is the stereo not that loud?!" Now when I picked up the car I didn't have the cable to connect my phone so I was using the bluetooth to play the music. The next day I purchased a USB cable and the music was just as loud as I thought it should be
I notice the same thing on my 2016 Civic and Galaxy S8. Bluetooth not as strong as USB. USB sounds ok.
I bet it's a fail safe for bluetooth headphones.