I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment - Audio) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Unable to delete a specific bluetooth device

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bassam.khouri is an unknown quantity at this point
Unable to delete a specific bluetooth device

Hi,

I have recently purchased a new Civic 2016 Touring and I have a BlackBerry Priv device. I was successfully able to pair the two via Bluetooth and also got Android Auto working.

A few days later, the vehicle would not connect to the device, or vice versa. I don't know who's at fault, but I tried unpairing my device by going to "Settings > Phone > Bluetooth device list > Select my device > Delete" but it failed to delete the said device. When trying to scan for BT devices, the Civic's infotainment systems indicates my BB Priv is already paired.

To recover, I ended up reseting the infotainment system to the Factory settings. Then, I was able to pair my device and everything started working fine. However, the bluetooth connection failed, yet again, and I'm unable to pair via Bluetooth or use Android Auto. Trying to unpair my device fails. Scanning for BT devices indicates my BB device is already paired, even though I removed my Honda from my phone's list of "paired devices"

According to the Vehicle's Version Information, I have Applications version Ver.1.F183.52 installed.

I really don't want to have to reset the infotainment to the Factory settings again, especially since this is the second time I encountered this issue in less than 3 weeks (out of which I didn't use my car for 1 week).

Does anyone know how I can get additional details as to why deleting/unpair the bluetooth device fails? Is there an Application version update? is so, how do I go about getting my car updated?

Any help is really appreciated. Thanks.
Old 01-07-2016
The legs in the public bathroom stall

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
mcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to behold
Re: Unable to delete a specific bluetooth device

Your dealership should be able to reset the unit to factory default settings which will clear everything out. You should do this only if you can find no other means to remove the device. This is done with a scanner instead of the in vehicle menus. It is mainly intended for system that have been pass code locked and the pass code is not available such as in a used car purchase/trade it situation.
Old 01-07-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bassam.khouri is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mcnoople
Your dealership should be able to reset the unit to factory default settings which will clear everything out. You should do this only if you can find no other means to remove the device. This is done with a scanner instead of the in vehicle menus. It is mainly intended for system that have been pass code locked and the pass code is not available such as in a used car purchase/trade it situation.
As I mentioned in my original post, I reset the to factory settings myselfthe first time. I want to understand why it failed as it's the second time I encounter this problem in less than 3 weeks. Quite annoying.
Old 01-07-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Contact Honda customer service ?